I've been searching high and low for the solution of this in the forum to no avail. Anyway, this is my problem:

I have 6 email accounts connected to my device (a Curve 8900), and I recently upgraded my OS to .250. I had all of my calendar tied to my work email account, and I backed it up prior to installing the new OS.

When I restored my data to the device, none of the calendar showed up, so i checked the default calendar account, and the selection was correct (my work email account). So i checked the calendar entries individually, and it appears that a new calendar account has been created, called "Device Default" which is not tied to any of my email account.

The question is, how can i change all of these calendar entries which is listed as "Device Default" into my work email account. Of course i can re-create those entries one by one, but it will take a very long time, since i always keep my appointments forever so that i can keep track on what i do every day for the past 6 years that translates to over 2000 calendar entries

If anyone can give me a solution to this problem, i would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
    07-28-09 02:04 PM
    I have had a problem a couple times in the past with the Device Default Calendar showing up. It is very frustrating. The only way I was able to get it back to normal was to connect to Desktop Manager and clear out my calendars completely. Then I resent my service books and I was able to use Google Sync to get all of my entries back. Hopefully you can do something similar and instead of using Google Sync, just restore your entries after getting rid of your calendars and getting empty ones back via resending the service books.
    07-28-09 02:18 PM
    I found a solution to this problem, hopefully this will help someone with the same problem. What I did was:

1. Backup my device using BBDM and take the SIM card out, so it's totally disconnected from the network
    2. Wipe my device (so that no e-mail account resides in my device)
    3. Re-load only my calendar database back to the device using BBDM (under Backup/restore > Advanced, and load my newest backup file, choose only the field "Calendar-All" from the left hand side column
    4. Now my device has all of the calendar entries under "Device Default"
    5. Backup my outlook calendar file
    6. Sync my device with outlook - this should transfer ALL of the calendar events into outlook, since there's no default Calendar services in the device now.
    7. Wipe my device again
    8. Put the SIM card back in, and it will connect back to the network, and the mailboxes will start to appear again, and choose the desired default calendar service under Options>Advanced Options>Default Services
    9. Sync with outlook (this will put ALL of your calendar events under the default e-mail address that you choose for the default calendar service)
    10. Restore my other data that i would like to keep in my device using BBDM under Backup/Restore>Advanced EXCEPT for the calendar of course, since I now have the proper calendar in my device.

Hope it helps
    11-05-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD