02-03-12 04:04 PM
26 12
tools
    I use the default BB calendar for my appointments. When I joined a BBM group my calendar appointments became viewable by the group. Even though I left the BBM group, all of my entries that were on my default BB calendar are now listed on the BBM group calendar.

I have uninstalled BBM several times AND I have moved and wiped the calendar appointments from the group BBM calendar and then restored my default calendar from a previous back up. The calendar appointments are now on my default BB calender...HOWEVER...when I create a NEW appointment...the appointment is STILL created on the BBM group calendar!! WTH?? I won't even allow me to choose my default calendar!

On top of that...when I created a "test" appointment, the appointment automatically defaulted to the BBM group calendar and then the reminder didn't work!!! The nerve!!! lol (and yes a reminder was set)

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so...please HELP!!!
    12-31-10 09:18 PM
    Yes. It used to irk me to no end. You need to delete the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar cod. Ideally you delete this from the java folder on your PC before you install your OS. Alternately you can use BBSAK & remove it directly from your BB. If you have any appointments using the group calendar it will still show up on your calendar though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 08:26 PM
    Is this really the only way around this issue?
    I have a similar issue on my bold...
    Last edited by minttea; 01-02-11 at 04:24 PM.
    01-02-11 04:22 PM
    Is this really the only way around this issue?
    I have a similar issue on my bold...
    Only way I know. Pretty simple to delete the cod with BBSAK. If you don't want the calendar you need to delete it.

01-02-11 04:27 PM
    Yes. It used to irk me to no end. You need to delete the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar cod. Ideally you delete this from the java folder on your PC before you install your OS. Alternately you can use BBSAK & remove it directly from your BB. If you have any appointments using the group calendar it will still show up on your calendar though.

Sorry...I'm "slow". :-) Please explain to me what this means: "use BBSAK and remove it directly from your BB." If you can give me some instructions that would be great. Thanks!
    01-03-11 08:26 PM
    Sorry...I'm "slow". :-) Please explain to me what this means: "use BBSAK and remove it directly from your BB." If you can give me some instructions that would be great. Thanks!
    BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) is a desktop program that allows you to directly access the OS on your BB. Go to BBTweaks.com & you can download it there. There are also instructions on how to use BBSAK. Once you get BBSAK on your PC it is not very hard to do. Have you ever updated your OS through your PC?

01-03-11 08:37 PM
    Nope I've never updated my OS through my PC, only through my BB
    01-03-11 08:41 PM
    I guess it depends on how much you want to get rid of that BBM calendar. It is a little bit involved whichever way you go. It can be a little scary the first time you mess with your OS. Read all the tutorials on BBTweaks.com before you make your decision. Good luck & let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

01-03-11 08:48 PM
    So..what do I do on the BBSAK to remove the calendar. I dont wanna accidentally press something and mess up my phone.
    01-05-11 10:09 PM

Once you have opened BBSAK (you can download it at BBTweaks.com) open the second tab, Modify Cods, select Read System, highlight the BBM calendar cod and select Remove. Your device will probably reboot, if not manually reboot it.

Edit: Make sure you back up everything and ideally you should have a copy of your OS on your PC as a safety net.
    01-06-11 08:49 AM
    I used BBSAK and removed the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar cod. After a reboot that Group calendar is still there. Maybe I need one of those USPS Priority Mail shipping boxes... If it fits it ships.

01-19-11 06:47 AM
    I used BBSAK and removed the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar cod. After a reboot that Group calendar is still there. Maybe I need one of those USPS Priority Mail shipping boxes... If it fits it ships.

Trucky,
    Once BB calendar uses Group calendar, even once (even using the Option to select calendar, even if you don't choose a calendar) it becomes very pesky and difficult to eliminate. So now you have two choices: 1.) reload OS, you don't have to change anything or 2.) use a USPS Priority Mail box, if it fits, it ships I always delete it from the java folder before any OS load and if I download an updated BBM I immediately use BBSAK to delete the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar, and then I'm OK.
    JB
    01-19-11 07:57 AM
    Oh man, have BBSAK, will give it a rip...wish me luck! THANKS fot the help!
    01-19-11 08:58 PM
    Oh man, have BBSAK, will give it a rip...wish me luck! THANKS fot the help!
    Luck.

01-19-11 08:59 PM
    No need to worry about losing any of the events in any of my 'xxxxx.com', 'default' or 'group' calendars though right?? (Yes I have them backed up)
    01-19-11 09:13 PM
    No need to worry about losing any of the events in any of my 'xxxxx.com', 'default' or 'group' calendars though right?? (Yes I have them backed up)
    Since you're deleting the Groups calendar all events in that calendar will be deleted. Most BBM users don't use the Groups calendar.

Last edited by jbarbero; 01-19-11 at 09:19 PM.
    bmann7777777 likes this.
    01-19-11 09:16 PM
    Argh...done and NO LUCK, same problem exists...
    01-19-11 10:05 PM
    Argh...done and NO LUCK, same problem exists...
    Then you didn't delete it from your java folder before you reloaded your OS. you can only use BBSAK immediately after a new BBM install if it hasn't shown up in calendar yet.

01-20-11 06:03 AM
    That thing is insidious. You don't ask for it, you can't get it to leave and it does things you don't want...

I had to wipe and reload to get rid of it. It only happened to me after loading a hybrid OS.
    01-20-11 06:08 AM
    That thing is insidious. You don't ask for it, you can't get it to leave and it does things you don't want...

I had to wipe and reload to get rid of it. It only happened to me after loading a hybrid OS.
    The Group calendar is part of BBM and has nothing to do with the hybrid. So loading the hybrid was coincidental to Group calendar showing up. I know that was what you meant, but wanted to de-confuse your statement.
    01-20-11 08:12 AM
    The Group calendar is part of BBM and has nothing to do with the hybrid. So loading the hybrid was coincidental to Group calendar showing up. I know that was what you meant, but wanted to de-confuse your statement.
    I've had the same BB group in my BBM through 2 phones and multiple OS changes and never had the problem before loading the hybrid. I wasn't trying to blame the hybrid at all because I'm a huge supporter of all the great hybrid work being done, I was only saying I never had the issue before.

De-confusing me only confuses me.
    01-20-11 09:07 AM
    I've had the same BB group in my BBM through 2 phones and multiple OS changes and never had the problem before loading the hybrid. I wasn't trying to blame the hybrid at all because I'm a huge supporter of all the great hybrid work being done, I was only saying I never had the issue before.

De-confusing me only confuses me.
    Now I'm confused, what problem did you have?
    01-20-11 09:13 AM
    Now I'm confused, what problem did you have?
    My problem was the same as the OP. All of a sudden all my calendar entries were visible to the BBM Group and I had a new "Group" calendar that announced itself as my new, unmovable, undeleteable, got-it-whether-I-want-it-or-not default calendar. Google Sync would only sync to it and if I tried to create a new appointment it would show as the default. I could use the drop-down and choose my normal calendar, even though that was already set as my Default Service.
    01-20-11 09:20 AM
    Count yourself lucky that it hasn't showed up before. This has always been an issue with the BBM Group calendar. I started deleting the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar before installing a new OS back when I had my 8330. We are experimenting with a way to delete it without having to reload your OS. We'll let you know later today if we are successful. You can test it out!
    01-20-11 09:50 AM
    Cool. I'll wait to add myself back to the Group until I hear further. I'm not looking forward to another wipe and install this week. 2 per week is my limit... hah.
    01-20-11 10:05 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD