When I synched my BB with DM the other day it seemed to import duplicate calendar appointments from MS Outlook. I now have my original appointments in red (device) and all new duplicates in green (tagged as ones from an email account?!?).
    When I am in the calendar and choose "Select Calendar" it gives me the option to "Show All Calendars, Device Default, email 1 and email 2."
    No matter what I chose it doesn't stay, it always jumps back to All Calendars.
    I'm not sure why this happened.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    07-01-09 06:31 AM
    menu
    options
    advanced options
    default services......

make sure that you have it set for sprint.bb.net..... nothing else

that should fix your issue... if not

in the DM while hooked up...

sync
    synchronization on the left
    synchronization button on the right
    highlight calendar
    click setup
    next

no here is where it gets tricky..... sync 1 way

if you add your apps in your BB go from device to outlook
    if you add your apps in your comp go from out to device

next
    next
    finish

then sync
    07-01-09 07:05 AM
    ok no i think there is someting up with syncing..... i have NOT changed my settings at all and now i have dups!!!

i had for a few birthdays default, default, facebook (which i have deleted once before as per the FB fix), and sprint.bb.net

4 birthdates for 1 contact! there must be a bug or something in the sync......

i have some running around to do, i will try and work up a workaround or something later. unless someone here wants to try....
    07-01-09 07:25 AM
    None of these fixes seem to fix my issue. I still have the duplicates!
    07-01-09 07:29 AM
    did you read my second post? i did a sync last week and all went perfect with it... i sync this morning and i have dups, without changing my settings.
    07-01-09 07:30 AM
    did you read my second post? i did a sync last week and all went perfect with it... i sync this morning and i have dups, without changing my settings.
    Yeah, sorry, meant to mention that.

So what does this mean? Some sort of BB wide issue or is it just 8350i??
    07-01-09 07:32 AM
    i have no clue..... im gonna start from scratch. does anyone know how to delete the device default ical file? i cant seem to find where to just erase all appointments. i deleted my facebook and sprint.bb.net... but not this one.

what i did was sync to my computer then edit everything there, but i will still have dups unless i can get rid of the DD.
    07-01-09 10:38 AM
    What a PITA this was....

Please read through all these instructions before attempting, there is alot of back and forth in doing this.

Hook up to your DM

From the main meun
    Sync
    Now on the left side you see configure.... Click the synchronization there
    Click synchronization
    Make sure calendar is checked
    Highlight it
    Click setup
    Next
    One way from device <~~~very important
    Next
    Next
    Finish

SYNC... VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

Open outlook and edit all the DUPS!!

On your BB

Menu
    Options
    Advance options
    Service books

DELETE any SB that has ICAL in it. for me it was gmail, facebook and sprint.bb.net

Hook up to your DM

On the DM

Backup restore
    Advance
    On the right side, device database, goto your calendar
    Highlight it
    Click the clear button
    Now do it again but this time calendar - all

Goto

Sprint BIS
    Sign in
    Click on service books
    Resend

On the BB

After they are sent
    Menu
    Options
    Advance options
    Service books
    Delete.... The ICAL files you dont want to use. I deleted FB and gmail... I DID NOT delete sprint.bb.net!!!

Battery pull for about 5 minutes, I dont know if nessecary but I did mine.

Back to the DM

From the main meun
    Sync
    Click synchronization on the left again
    Click synchronization
    Make sure calendar is checked
    Highlight it
    Click setup
    Next
    One way to device <~~~very important
    Next
    Next
    Finish

This is your LAST CHANCE to edit your outlook calendar if you have not done it yet..... Also you may want to double check it.

Click synchronize on the left
    Then click synchronize

Now you should be good to go. Its just a lot of back and forth, but I am up and running. I am missing a few dates, they may have been in the device default ICAL file but im not worried. BTW they are past dates, and yes I did have it set to add past dates.
    07-01-09 11:51 AM
    It works!

Thanks!
    07-01-09 12:56 PM
    no problem... im glad someone else tried it and confirmed. so thank you.
    07-01-09 01:08 PM
    Looks like I somehow deleted one of my email accounts and can't get it back. I'm on the phone with Blackberry support now and she says it looks like it's gone as well. It was my ***@sprint.blackberry.net account.

Just spent 26 minutes on the phone and she tells me there is an outage with the sprint.blackberry service or something and she will have to call me back in 2 hours.
    Last edited by ErikAtTheW; 07-01-09 at 01:57 PM. Reason: updated info
    07-01-09 01:46 PM
    did you resend your service books? when you resend them it sends your email back also. even if there is an outage... i believe
    07-01-09 04:02 PM
    I have no way to log on using the link that you sent. I tried the normal way on my BB but there was no option to resend. That's when I called Sprint and she said it was a "zero" account and that she could not even resend it. She also said that I can't even reuse that email address.

And it's been 3 1/2 hours since I called, that's 1 1/2 hours passed when they were supposed to call back.
    07-01-09 05:20 PM
    ok on your BB do try this....

menu
    setup
    email settings.... i know there is no way to resend there. try setting up your account again.
    07-01-09 05:26 PM
    The email address is gone forever. They just set up a new one and I am back in business.

Thanks for all your help!
    07-02-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD