I'm having a problem with my calendar.
    • I recently upgraded from an 8320 to a 9700
    • All of my calendar events were associated with an email that I did not have activated on my 9700. So when I opened an event, would be associated with 'secondary@gmail.com' I'm not sure why my calendar events were associated with this email to begin with, but they were. All of my calendar events are created in Outlook 2007 and synched.
    • I activated 'secondary@gmail.com' on my 9700, and set my 'primary@gmail.com' as my device default.
    • Now all of my calendar events are associated with Device Default, but are not showing on my Hidden Today calendar. If I create a new event on my device, it will show fine on my 9700 and hidden today.
    • Now when I synch to my computer, a new event from my computer will not synch to my 9700, and vice versa. I'll get an "Error encountered. Check documentation" error.
    • Somehow I need all of my current and future calendar events to be associated with 'primary@gmail.com'.

Any ideas?
    01-23-10 11:51 PM
    Short answer: move all of your events over onto the primary calendar.

Long answer: the events got reassociated with your secondary email address because it was forced to choose an address that wasn't the original one. I'm not sure if there is a sequence or it is random. Outlook will only sync your events assocaited with your default calendar address. Likewise, Today screens will only show your default calendar addresses.

Search for "move entire calendar" and you will find many, many threads on the subject.
    01-24-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD