I am looking for a program that can count down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to an event such as a vacation, wedding, The Great American Beer Festival, etc etc.

Has anyone seen such a program that will work on the Storm? If not, anyone willing to create one?

If someone was to create one it would be cool if it did the following:

1) Allow a user to change the background picture so their timer could match what they are counting down for.. ie: Picture of Cabo or picture of their spouse to be, etc, etc

2) Maybe allow for more than one date to be programmed at a time.

3) I'm not a programmer but if there was a way that it didn't continue to run in the background (so as not to kill memory although I don't think a lot would be used) however picked up where it needed to be when selected or checked on?

4) Keep it simple as far as format, just use LCD Digital or Flip Clock format for the numbers.

5) Allow the user to choose what ringtone it would sound once the timer hits zero.

6) Last but not least.. maybe allow the user to program certain reminders along the way? If the user wants they can set a reminder when there is a month, week, day or hour left? (This would probably be too much to program but hey... if you don't ask????)

Thanks in advance to anyone who has ideas, suggestions or the want to create such a program.

By the way, yes I know there already is a "timer" on the phone but it's only good up to 24 hours. I like to keep track of how much time I have before my next vacation or trip and that might not be for another 6 months or so..
    01-16-09 02:38 PM
    FWIW, I'm looking for the same thing.
    02-14-09 08:34 AM
    That would be cool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:20 AM
    I'm gonna step back a lil and bump this topic.

I had the same thought as the OP the other day and thought back to some basic program designs. Back when making pointless HTML webpages was a way to pass time...

Now I know there were several ways to make one blocked off area which would contain as many countdowns with a title as you felt like adding. I may have to dig a little for a screenshot, but i'll find one as a suggestion.

Downside, i haven't done even a basic program in a loooooooooong time. And have no idea any of the more recent languages to actually assist in creating this.

But I definately second that it would be awesome to have this simple application. On top to that we have new graphic designers around like YourFriendWayneD that from what I've noticed are pretty enthusiastic bout making things alot nicer graphically these days. And also willing to collaborate with some of our other already prominent programmers that are on the board.

So, on top of my bumping the topic... How hard would it be to slap this together?

And would the timer run off the phone's settings? or the atomic clock? just a few questions that are floating around.

I'll get back to you with a screenshot in a few
    Last edited by TheTruth8; 03-22-09 at 03:08 PM. Reason: minor change
    03-22-09 03:01 PM
    and based on what whoknewbc requested...

here's a basic screenshot that goes pretty well with his description

and an attachment incase this link goes down.
    03-22-09 03:08 PM
    dude that is a genius idea... even more props to the person who can make this happen. i look forward to having that app soon so somebody please try
    03-22-09 03:18 PM
    but one main thing that would bring the app together would be to see several countdowns at one time instead of just one imagine.

OR

if it was like the screenshot above, perhaps use the finger flick to scroll through like in the phones default picture viewer
    03-22-09 03:30 PM
    Yes......I would even be willing to pay for this one if we could chage background themes, etc.........This would be a great and useful app. to have.
    03-22-09 06:26 PM
    i'm thinking this thread needs a different title to attract more interest ...

it's definately an app that ALOT of people would use, and should be fairly easy to assemble.

noone else agrees?
    03-24-09 12:23 PM
    Thought I'd bump this up again. This is something I'm looking for
    04-03-09 12:07 PM
    and based on what whoknewbc requested...

here's a basic screenshot that goes pretty well with his description

and an attachment incase this link goes down.
    Thats sexxxeh.

Bump on this.
    04-03-09 12:10 PM
    Can't Wait
    04-22-09 12:09 PM
    Bump.
    That would bee great.
    05-22-09 11:18 PM
    This is a great idea. I can see this being very popular and I know that a lot of people, including myself, would have a lot of use for something like this. I really hope someone picks this app and starts developing soon.
    05-22-09 11:33 PM
    It's been a while since I first made this post and thought I would BUMP it again to see if any developers might find interest in making such a program...

I liked the Skins TheTruth8 posted earlier and I think it would be a great fit!
    05-30-09 10:03 AM
    BUMP. T-26 days to the annual fishing trip ... And something like 380 until next year's trip ... I'd love to have this app running on my phone.
    07-08-09 02:36 PM
    Bumper bump
    08-14-09 06:02 PM
    BUMP - I'm looking for the same thing and I know a lot of other BB user who are WDW nuts like us are too.
    09-13-09 11:20 PM
    I see theres a countdown clock app on the main page, note sure if its what youre looking for. It looks ok but graphics arent that fancy.

Also found this BlackBerry App World - Countdown its for Storm only.

I'm looking for a good countdown calendar too & trying to track down the best one.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 09-25-09 at 06:53 AM.
    09-25-09 06:39 AM
    Thought I'd BUMP this up as I'm looking for this type of app for my 8900!
    01-14-10 10:46 AM
    Another Bump... I NEED an app like this... or like "days until" on the ipod touch and iphone..
    02-19-10 10:09 PM
    Me too!!! Anyone know how to create one? I'm a programming flunkie!
    02-20-10 09:38 AM
    I too am looking for something like this. I have a 9530 storm and my fiancee has a curve and we both are looking for a countdown tool to allow us to countdown the days, hours, min, and seconds until the wedding as well as future vacations. I know my phone has a countdown on it, but it only goes to 99 hours 99 min and 99 seconds which is a far cry from the 200+ days that I would like to see it be able to count. Anyone know of any apps that are available?
    04-20-10 10:51 AM
    Yes, great request! I am going to Hawaii in June and would love to have that "incentive" of a visible countdown timer with a photo of a palm tree or two at the beach.
    04-20-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD