Hi all,
    New to this site and a new Blackberry User as well. I have millions of questions but the two most pressing ones I have are these.

1. Is there a way to input calendar entries into a program on my PC and then download to my BB? Between my three kids sports I have so many games, practices, scrimages etc. to enter it would take forever and a day to do it on the phone. I have to say though I do not have Outlook and would prefer not to have to get it, does Windows Live Messenger Desktop do this? If not, is there a program I can download out there to accomplish this?

2. Is there a way to edit my contacts the same way? I would like to re-sort into groups, add emails, etc. but would be much easier on the desktop.

Thanks in advance for any help...
    09-24-09 04:43 PM
    Hi all,
    New to this site and a new Blackberry User as well. I have millions of questions but the two most pressing ones I have are these.

1. Is there a way to input calendar entries into a program on my PC and then download to my BB? Between my three kids sports I have so many games, practices, scrimages etc. to enter it would take forever and a day to do it on the phone. I have to say though I do not have Outlook and would prefer not to have to get it, does Windows Live Messenger Desktop do this? If not, is there a program I can download out there to accomplish this?

2. Is there a way to edit my contacts the same way? I would like to re-sort into groups, add emails, etc. but would be much easier on the desktop.

Thanks in advance for any help...
    Do you have Microsoft Outlook? That has a calendar and contacts...you enter into your computer and then just sync to your BB.

There is a way to do an import from excel/word by saving the file with a special extension, but I'm not that well versed in that.
    09-24-09 05:08 PM
    If you have a google account, you can sync from google calendar with the mobile sync program from google.
    09-24-09 05:19 PM
    If you have a google account, you can sync from google calendar with the mobile sync program from google.
    Can you do the same with Google Contacts?
    09-24-09 05:28 PM
    Thank You. I don't have outlook. I will look at the Google option but have seen some problems with that google sync posted in the boards here. Assuming it does work ok, will I be able to upload the contacts from my BB to google contacts and then edit and delete and then download all the changes back to my BB?
    Thanks Again.....
    09-24-09 06:11 PM
    Thank You. I don't have outlook. I will look at the Google option but have seen some problems with that google sync posted in the boards here. Assuming it does work ok, will I be able to upload the contacts from my BB to google contacts and then edit and delete and then download all the changes back to my BB?
    Thanks Again.....
    I went out and was doing some research about the Google Contacts portion. I think you need to use Google Sync to get your Google Contacts to your BB and back. What is cool about Google Sync is that it does it automatically and there is no need to plug your phone in and manually do a sync. How cool is THAT?

I would give it a try with one contact and see what happens. The Google Sync file sounded to me like it would go in both directions, yes.
    09-24-09 06:28 PM
    Can you do the same with Google Contacts?
    Yes, you can!
    09-24-09 06:41 PM
    re the calendar sync issue--when y'all are talking about yahoo, are you talking about the calendar on the yahoo server? because i can't get that to sync to save my life. desktop manager says it's added 15 entries, and lists them, but i don't see them in the calendar.

any thoughts? both desktop mgr and BB are updated.
    12-08-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD