it's a legitiment website for buying blackberry wholesale but I'm wondering since it's made in China will it be able to run on RIM's network for BBM or no? also it says it won't work on 3g, my network carrier is 3g .....Please let me know.... I'm switching from an iphone to a blackberry 9700
    08-24-10 06:43 PM
    Beware the lure of the cheap Chinese Blackberry! There's a chap from Australia selling legit Berries for less than RRP (got mine through him and couldn't be happier!) - has a good range and they get to you pretty fast. They're the stripped down version (without games or themes/wallpapers), I understand they're bought in bulk as a company would do to distribute to their employees, and then sold on to us at a good price. At the end of the day, you have more data space to add the bits & pieces/apps that you really want without the rest of the junk that you'll probably never use (guess I', not much of a Word Mole man...) Sorry - can't remember his trading name, but he appears in amongst all the other too good to be true berry sellers. Hope this helps!
    08-24-10 06:59 PM
    Beware the lure of the cheap Chinese Blackberry! There's a chap from Australia selling legit Berries for less than RRP (got mine through him and couldn't be happier!) - has a good range and they get to you pretty fast. They're the stripped down version (without games or themes/wallpapers), I understand they're bought in bulk as a company would do to distribute to their employees, and then sold on to us at a good price. At the end of the day, you have more data space to add the bits & pieces/apps that you really want without the rest of the junk that you'll probably never use (guess I', not much of a Word Mole man...) Sorry - can't remember his trading name, but he appears in amongst all the other too good to be true berry sellers. Hope this helps!
    So would the chinese phone run on RIM's network/have bbm? and would that australian seller's blackberry's successfully run BBM with a pin? that's my main concern
    thanks soo much for your help!
    08-24-10 07:03 PM
    If the phone is an authentic BlackBerry it will do what all BlackBerrys do including
    BBM. If you have a link to the site post it and we can take a look at the specs to
    tell you whether it is legit or not.

Just post the link verbiage, I'll repost it as a hyperlink for you.

Finally, Welcome aboard to both of you
    08-24-10 07:27 PM
    Not worth the time or risk to buy any phone knockoff. You will get what you pay for.
    08-24-10 07:29 PM
    Couldn't comment on the Chinese one, but have heard (unsubstantiated) that if you're not careful you may wind up with an incomplete package that doesn't do everything you hoped. Mine runs everything a Blackberry should - all the seller needs to know is where you are and what Telco/network you're on so he can make sure you get the appropriate item. As with everything, research it first and ask the seller for as much detail so you can to make an informed choice, and if the seller is legit (and wants repeat business) they'll do the right thing by you.
    08-24-10 07:32 PM
    Not worth the time or risk to buy any phone knockoff. You will get what you pay for.
    How about we reserve judgment on the vendors legitimacy until we see a link.
    NOT EVERY vendor from China is a crook.
    08-24-10 07:41 PM
    here's the link to the main site im looking at.... i really appreciat eyou guys looking at the specs and letting me know if it is real/ if it will have bbm. i appreciate it!

Free Shipping Blackberry Bold 9700 WIFI TV Bluetooth Quadband Unlocked Cell Phone Made in China on TradeTang.com
    08-24-10 07:49 PM
    If the phone is an authentic BlackBerry it will do what all BlackBerrys do including
    BBM. If you have a link to the site post it and we can take a look at the specs to
    tell you whether it is legit or not.

Just post the link verbiage, I'll repost it as a hyperlink for you.

Finally, Welcome aboard to both of you
    I appreciate your help by the way! I just posted the link above!
    08-24-10 07:50 PM
    I've bought 4 guitar's from China from different sellers.. All looked very legit. All were fakes. Not buying even one more item from that scam filled country. Who knows if the Blackberry's from there will be different. Personally, no chance I'd buy it.

Fun thing about buying fake guitars, you get to smash them and get reimbursed
    08-24-10 07:52 PM
    Definitely not authentic. No BlackBerry has the items I bolded.

Other function: Alarm clock, Memo, World time, Calendar, Game, Video recorder, Voice recorder, Calculator, Stopwatch, Hand free, Speed Dial, Auto Turn On/Off, Web camera, G-senser, FM radio, Analog TV, Java 2.0.
    Also note the lack of the BlackBerry symbol or the word BlackBerry
    anywhere on the device.
    08-24-10 07:56 PM
    Doesnt look good
    08-24-10 07:56 PM
    it's a legitiment website for buying blackberry wholesale but I'm wondering since it's made in China will it be able to run on RIM's network for BBM or no? also it says it won't work on 3g, my network carrier is 3g .....Please let me know.... I'm switching from an iphone to a blackberry 9700
    It says right on there that it "looks" like the original. It also states blackberry features will not work on it, definitely not the real deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 08:12 PM
    Totally, totally fake.

As noted, NO legitimate BlackBerry has Analog TV or FM radio.
    08-24-10 08:16 PM
    ebay craigslist or your carrier

china? would never
    08-24-10 08:25 PM
    It will have 2 sim card slots and a TV.
    Might even cook rice. Who needs a real Blackberry when you can have dinner and a movie!

08-24-10 08:31 PM
    okay thanks guys! are there any sites that sell cheap blackberrys or any dealers on here? i like the craiglist idea but some of those are scams too....
    08-24-10 09:30 PM
    Have you looked in the for sale section at the bottom of the Forums page?

08-24-10 09:57 PM
    Notice: This is made in China, looekd the same as the origina-l one. Can choose the with logo or without logo!

Does not support the BB service such as PIN, BB messengers...
    Research in Motion does not manufacture in China.

Looks like a BlackBerry, but so do the carrier demos.
    08-24-10 11:27 PM
    okay thanks guys! are there any sites that sell cheap blackberrys or any dealers on here? i like the craiglist idea but some of those are scams too....
    The good news is, there are a lot of slightly used BlackBerry in the resale marketplace. Parents are desperate to recoup part of their losses when their kids demand the shiny new phones.

The best way to insure you are not being scammed, meet the seller at your carriers storefront store. If they refuse, it is not a good deal.
    08-24-10 11:29 PM
    I like that idea Reed, it's like getting paid for a car your selling with a skeptical cashiers check, and doing the transaction at a bank.

08-25-10 12:10 AM
    thanks guys! where have most of you who didn't buy your blackberry through your carrier get yours?
    08-25-10 01:34 AM
    The good news is, there are a lot of slightly used BlackBerry in the resale marketplace. Parents are desperate to recoup part of their losses when their kids demand the shiny new phones.

The best way to insure you are not being scammed, meet the seller at your carriers storefront store. If they refuse, it is not a good deal.
    why is this? like so that the carrier can make sure it's legit?
    08-25-10 01:36 AM
    why is this? like so that the carrier can make sure it's legit?
    Yep. You don't want to buy a stolen BB with a blacklisted PIN. Also it's better to be at the storefront to clear any issues before you part with your hard-earned cash. Issues like whether it's clear for activation, if the PIN is clean etc.

I did this for mine too - I bought my Storm 2 from a nice guy in my country. He never had a BIS data plan and is wanting to get an iPhone. He knows nuts about the Storm 2 itself, but he offered to meet and deal at the Customer Service centre of the telco which it was purchased from. He said he was scammed before in the past and wants to make sure that if anything goes wrong with the device, I can still get the warranty honoured.

So the both of us sat in front of the CS staff and I laid out all my questions, and it was a pleasant deal.
    08-25-10 02:49 AM
    here's the link to the main site im looking at.... i really appreciat eyou guys looking at the specs and letting me know if it is real/ if it will have bbm. i appreciate it!

Free Shipping Blackberry Bold 9700 WIFI TV Bluetooth Quadband Unlocked Cell Phone Made in China on TradeTang.com
    looool..all i needed to see was "TV" and i knew its going to be a kirf. Let me ask you something. Don't you think if Chinese were selling actual Bold 9700 at $120 that most buyers would be buying from there instead?
    Besides that, my word of advice, never buy from a website/dealer who have that many spelling mistakes/grammatical errors on the site regardless of their whereabouts.

It states clearly on this site

"Notice: This is made in China, looekd the same as the origina-l one. Can choose the with logo or without logo!

Does not support the BB service such as PIN, BB messengers...
    Does not support 3G network...

BB Bold 9700 Unlocked Mobile Cell Phone Quadband with WiFi
    In Stock and Ready to Ship!!! "
    Last edited by bushako; 08-25-10 at 05:17 AM.
    08-25-10 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD