I'm sure this problem has been posted before but here it is, Recently I spent the holidays at my parents cabin where the reception isn't that great and I noticed the signal indicator now has a lowercase "ev" and not an uppercase "EV" like it's supposed to have to browse the internet. I thought that as soon as I got near town where the towers were better it would switch and I would start to be able to use the internet again, which it didn't. I did numerous resets and took it into Alltell, where they had me backup the phone and they erased all the contents and reinstalled all the software, and it still doesn't work. Now they're sending me a refurb, which is fine if it works but I would really like to get this phone working in the mean time. Also, I just learned that my fiance, who has the same exact phone and stayed in the exact same place as I did is doing the exact same thing. So needless to say I'm kind of skeptical about having to get two new phones because of this problem. Does anyone here have a solution I can try????? It's important to say that this exact same situation happened about 3 months ago, but after about two weeks my browser randomly started working again and I received all the facebook updates and emails that had occurred during the time it was down. Anyone?

Thanks in advance for all serious answers and I apologize for the long read!
    01-04-10 07:08 PM
    Resend your service books and register your Host Routing Table (Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Menu, Register).
    01-04-10 07:11 PM
    I tried that, and I believe the Alltell rep did as well to no avail........Any other fixes?
    01-04-10 08:23 PM
    As long as you have a BB email/data plan on your acct., try a *228 option 1 to reprogram your phone. Then, after you get a successful programmed message, resend your service books and register your Host Routing Table.
    01-04-10 08:37 PM
    I tried that to no avail also, it appears that my phone isn't showing any browsing capabilities at all now. I have no host routing tables and it says that I need to upgrade to an internet plan to use some services, I don't remember which option I was messing with when I saw that though. When I resend my service books, it says message sent, what should I do after that?

Thanks again for the help I really am stuck here and it seems like a problem that could be easily fixed.
    01-04-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD