03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I'm wondering why we need to change our browser to the 'Hot Spot' browser? When I select it, the browser doesn't work unless Wi-Fi is activated. The normal browser works fine doesn't it?
    07-09-09 04:29 AM
    I'm wondering why we need to change our browser to the 'Hot Spot' browser? When I select it, the browser doesn't work unless Wi-Fi is activated. The normal browser works fine doesn't it?
    Since the Browser works fine, there's really no need to turn the HotSpot on.
    07-09-09 08:04 AM
    can anybody explain how to get text to work with boost ? i can not get it. tanks.
    07-09-09 08:20 AM
    can anybody explain how to get text to work with boost ? i can not get it. tanks.
    From what I understand, the 8350i (Nextel) doesn't have an SMS feature. You will need to send your text messages as an MMS. Your friends/family will receive the text via MMS just fine.
    07-09-09 11:58 AM
    Hello all, newbie here. I have searched for about 40 hours total and still can;t find the correct answer to this question...
    I want to buy 8350i as I am interested in the camera.
    I want to get Boostmobile.
    Do I buy the phone AND a boost starter kit?
    And then have someone do the books for me?
    I usually never ask until I'm out of ideas.
    Thank you
    Yes you need the phone, and a Boost Starter Kit (if you're a new customer). The service books are available via this forum, just look at the tutorial.
    07-09-09 12:25 PM
    Has anyone been able to get WeatherBug direct working correctly? I just got a 8350i and don't have the Boost Sim activated (had it from back in the day) and trying to download and use some apps thru WiFi for now. It says it needs BES/BIS/ or direct TCP link. Sooo... I'm guessing that I just need Boost network data instead of WiFi, correct?
    07-09-09 06:53 PM
    How can I change my email setting for the BB Instant Messenger? It is sending the message through my work email and I want to change it to send through my blackberry email address. Thanks!
    07-10-09 04:24 PM
    I just bought a "flashed" Curve 8350i. In the first part of your explanation on this thread, you describe how to get the correct service books. Do I need to do all of that or did the guy that I bought the "flashed" phone from do all of that for me?

Note.. I am able to send and receive calls on the boost network with my phone so I assume the flash worked. I am having a hard time sending/receiving texts and I cannot get a website to load but that is another matter that I am trying to figure out.
    07-10-09 04:35 PM
    It says... "no MMS service record, you will only be able to save a draft"

What is the deal with that?
    07-10-09 04:37 PM
    It says... "no MMS service record, you will only be able to save a draft"

What is the deal with that?
    Reinstall the combined3 service books files.
    07-10-09 05:41 PM
    Is DM supposed to come with a new BB?

Do I have to have DM to make the BB work with Boost?

The BB I bought had no DM.
    07-10-09 07:22 PM
    DM is the Desktop Manager, if you dont have it.... look in the important thread. there is a link in there to the latest software downloads
    07-10-09 07:53 PM
    AMY!!!! You are a GREAT AMERICAN!!! I'm up and running on the Boost network on my new 8350i... whooo hooo!!!

More thanks to you great people on this site than the jackarse I bought the phone from on ebay.

Thanks a ton... your instructions worked like a charm (after I got BB DM loaded on my computer... which took FOREVER). Again... no thanks to pimpdealz on ebay (who didn't send the software with the phone).
    07-10-09 11:57 PM
    If i have a boostberry 8350i and have activated my sim on another boost mobile phone does the phone calls and walkie talkie just work?
    07-12-09 09:30 AM
    Hey, I Was wondering How to Use Shangmail...How Can I get a messenger that actually works for yahoo mess...aim...etc....And I Would Like to Thank Everyone For This Post...It really Help Me ALOT!!!!
    07-12-09 04:05 PM
    AS DESCRIBED!!!!, THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL I HAVE MMS IN MY BLACKBERRY 8350i

THANKS GUYS

ISABEL
    07-13-09 05:48 PM
    Please Help.

I've done all the steps and all went through fine until the last step........ "f) go to advanced settings -> browser and change the hot spot to browser.

Mine says "Hotspot Browser" I cant change it to just browser. I turned my phone off, and tried again and it still doesnt work.

Now I cant recieve or send mms, where as before I could recieve "on the blackberry"

Im able to send and recieve on my boost phone with the sim card.

I also checked my IMEI on Boost and its correct.
    Last edited by maxxpower23; 07-13-09 at 08:55 PM. Reason: is step f same as > Go to Options -> Advanced Options? Because I dont see advanced settings anywhere. Please help.
    07-13-09 08:27 PM
    i downloaded opera mini, but i don;t have access to the menus.
    i have access only to some web pages with the blackberry browser under "browser" but under "hotspot browser" i have full access.
    07-13-09 09:21 PM
    Hey

Blackberry fiends...I want to change my number on my BB but I'm afraid it will mess up all the work I put into it have a working functioning bb...such as MMS, BROWSER, OPERA, NAV4ALL, ETC, will get a number change, affect my service books...
    07-14-09 04:39 PM
    MENAJEMH....got to mini opera and click
    Q and than 1 ,than enter the address you wanna search ,Q1 will give you the menu
    07-14-09 04:44 PM
    i downloaded opera mini, but i don;t have access to the menus.
    i have access only to some web pages with the blackberry browser under "browser" but under "hotspot browser" i have full access.
    check out the 8350i theme forum, the issue you are having is theme related... just dont go an buy one, make sure you ask if it will work on the 8350i

Hey

Blackberry fiends...I want to change my number on my BB but I'm afraid it will mess up all the work I put into it have a working functioning bb...such as MMS, BROWSER, OPERA, NAV4ALL, ETC, will get a number change, affect my service books...
    changing your phone number SHOULD HAVE NO effect on the service books... since they came from different sources.
    07-14-09 04:52 PM
    this is my first post and im not totally familiar with the 8350, but i was hoping to contribute a lil to the forum:

I bought a 8350i with 26 SB already installed, decided to combine w/ combined3.zip/
    when i did this I got 30 SB now installed / so I have all the SB'S from combined3 PLUS like 10 more SB's from my phone/
    I have attached the 30 SB file for anyone who wants to check it out and see if it is something they could use /
    ***Had to change the extension from"rar to zip " to upload it, so if u cant open it just change "zip to rar" ***

#@#when u apply all 30 SB's , there is an extra browser SB that prohibits the "browser" that works with boost, i am trying to find out right now which it is, get back w/info later
    Last edited by bunvilla; 07-14-09 at 09:10 PM. Reason: add info
    07-14-09 05:10 PM
    [QUOTE=bunvilla;3045764]this is my first post and im not totally familiar with the 8350, but i was hoping to contribute a lil to the forum:

I bought a 8350i with 26 SB already installed, decided to combine w/ combined3.zip/
    when i did this I got 30 SB now installed / so I have all the SB'S from combined3 PLUS like 10 more SB's from my phone/
    I have attached the 30 SB file for anyone who wants to check it out and see if it is something they could use /
    ***Had to change the extension from"rar to zip " to upload it, so if u cant open it just change "zip to rar" ***[/QUOT)

Thanks for the post, it seems the native browser is not working, there's no option to change to just browser, mms messaging does work, combined30 added three browsers, (pocket express, software store, and navegation) they all don't work.

combined3 seems to be better, what we are missing with it is BB messenger and PIN messaging. Again, thanks for your try, it is nice to see people still trying to make it better.
    07-14-09 06:14 PM
    Its the "browser config" SB that is not in the combined 30/ which is the browser that works with boost/
    are there any tutorials i can read which will show me how to add and remove SB single item or shows how to combined them???

ill keep trying!!
    07-14-09 10:25 PM
    Its the "browser config" SB that is not in the combined 30/ which is the browser that works with boost/
    are there any tutorials i can read which will show me how to add and remove SB single item or shows how to combined them???

ill keep trying!!
    Try to get in touch with this guy, he is the one who put together the Combined3.zip file...http://forums.crackberry.com/members/ffdk/
    07-14-09 10:36 PM
1,439 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD