03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Okay guys, I need your help, my phone was working fine, then the next thing I now when I tryed to make a call it said radio path unavailable then a small screen start to popped on and off saying, network error, please check signal and turn on network? I don't know wat the pronblem, is can someone help me out, cause I refuse to go to the sprint store and have a techie try and fix, because they will most likely see all of my apps, and my service books, and see my downloaded things, that shouldn't be permitted for their eyes....

Oh yeah I tried a battery pull three times,,, didn't work, I'm taking I might resort to a reset or hard wipe.
    07-04-09 01:15 AM
    First of all, Thanks to Amy for the great tutorial.

Ok, this is how i got my BB maps to work.
    Go to > Options > Advance Options > Service books.
    Then highlight " IPPP For 5 Click [IPPP] " then Delete.
    For some reason it made some of the applications work such as myspace and facebook apps.
    As far as sending and receiving text, a five minute battery pull solved this issue for me. For sending pictures, I use Shozu app.
    Windows Live search and Beyond 411 are good search Engines for BB.

And for instant messaging, Instango gave me problems with disconnection all the time, I'M using Palringo Messenger for now till i buy Beejive Messenger which is to me is the best third party blackberry messenger.
    Maps is working for me now, nice finding thanks!...Since last week, I can send text messages but cannot receive, I just did a battery pull, and waiting 5 minutes, I'll see if that works for me. Thanks again.
    07-04-09 11:12 AM
    Yeah, You can see put up away message, I guess it's an okay messenger. It doesn't have a lot of options tho.
    07-04-09 10:03 PM
    No problem.Now only if we can figure out the BB messenger.
    07-04-09 10:04 PM
    No problem.Now only if we can figure out the BB messenger.
    Are you able to send/receive text messages? for me it was working good, had no problems, but since last week I can send but can't receive...I don't understand why is that happening, I have tried about everything to make it work but no success..
    07-04-09 10:33 PM
    How do you activate a boost sim with a Blackberry 8350i IEMI number.

The online boost moble activation prompt will not except a IEMI number from a 8350i because it starts with 01 instead of 00. How are you guys activating new boost starter kits "WITHOUT BUYING A BOOST PHONE AND USING THE NATIVE IEMI NUMBER?"

I was told that if you call boost mobile and use the automated activation service that it will then except the IEMI number from a 8350i.

There are several posts on how to get email, web, talk, radio, text, etc but I am yet to see how to get the sim avtivated without a boost phone IEMI number.

Please Help
    07-05-09 12:29 AM
    How are you guys activating the sim online, by phone? The IEMI # on the 8350i
    Starts with 01 not 00 like other boost phones. How are you activating the sim card without using an IEMI number from a
    Boost phone??
    07-05-09 12:36 AM
    First of all, Thanks to Amy for the great tutorial.

Ok, this is how i got my BB maps to work.
    Go to > Options > Advance Options > Service books.
    Then highlight " IPPP For 5 Click [IPPP] " then Delete.
    For some reason it made some of the applications work such as myspace and facebook apps.
    As far as sending and receiving text, a five minute battery pull solved this issue for me. For sending pictures, I use Shozu app.
    Windows Live search and Beyond 411 are good search Engines for BB.

And for instant messaging, Instango gave me problems with disconnection all the time, I'M using Palringo Messenger for now till i buy Beejive Messenger which is to me is the best third party blackberry messenger.
    Thanks for the BB Maps fix, it works really good. So i guess the last obstacle would be BB Messaging and Pin messaging. But i really dont care about those too much because i don't know too many people i would talk to with Blackberry's. But everyone finding the fix's defiantly keep up the great work. Also is anyone else having problems with posting to crack-berry from their berry's. For some reason every time i try to reply to a post from my phone i get the unable to communicate message.
    07-05-09 04:57 PM
    Help Please since I did the tutorial I can recieve mms! but muy problem now is that I cant Replay when I replay a mms Ican see the arrows sending and them a red X on the left of the mms! I have nXTL on my phone... i think it is important to saw that in my old Motorola i was able to send sms and e mail with no problem!
    07-05-09 06:12 PM
    I'm new to this as well. These 2 things concern me.

1. The Nextel BlackBerry has to be unlocked first right?

2. Does texting work after those initial steps are completed? (The main steps in the beginning of this thread)

3. And I saw some back and forth about which email service was best to use so that would be of major help to me as well.

4. Lastly, does messenger services like AIM and Yahoo work?

Thanks.
    07-05-09 09:47 PM
    Also i wanted to mention if anyone is using shangmail when you go to settings, increase your max kbs to 99, and you can send small attachments. i did this and it allowed me to send some small pics and slightly larger emails.
    07-06-09 07:35 AM
    For some reason since last week I was able to send text messages but could not receive any...so this is what I did...
    I put my sim card in my friend's boostmobile phone (i776) and sent myself text messages and I did not receive any, so that meant that it was not my 8350i the problem. I called customer service and when they asked what phone I was using I told them it was the i776 (my friends) so they helped trouble shoot it could not get it fixed, then I was transferred to Tech Support and they did make it work! Now I put my sim card back on my 8350i and it works now! If there is any one able to send text messages but not receive try that it might help you.
    07-06-09 06:40 PM
    i just want another program for the emails. Hopefully someone finds out about the PINS ad BBM.
    07-06-09 10:06 PM
    you are the man!
    07-06-09 10:57 PM
    By "this app" do you mean the service books I posted here?

If so, read the how-to carefully, follow the directions, and you will be able to have MMS, Native Browser, and Email on the native inbox via Shangmail.

EDIT: I just realized that you're on Sprint/Nextel according to your profile. If that's the case, then you don't need this. This is all geared towards using Boost Mobile.
    I currently have nextel and what i want to do is switch from my i776 to the 8350i if I switch my sim card to the 8350i will very thing work or can i do this download for that service? like i said I want to keep nextel since its a company phone but upgrade phones! thanks in advance guys
    07-07-09 12:56 AM
    What is youmail for? Because I see the Shangmail thing and got confused on what's that for. Also, does the initial steps in the beginning of this thread solve the text messaging problem?
    07-07-09 08:16 PM
    i installed combined3.zip service books and got everything working just fine except for yahoo messenger. right now im using MIG33 for instant messenging but i was wondering if anyone has a service book for yahoo messenger (from the blackberry website) or how to get it working. thanks
    07-07-09 11:20 PM
    is there a way to load up load a boostberry from a mac...email me i need help
    07-07-09 11:23 PM
    07-08-09 01:03 AM
    I am lost with all this stuff about service books, and things. I have everything but texting if someone could break it down to me i will be greatfull.boost 8350i.
    07-08-09 09:24 AM
    have you ever thought of doing a youtube video in this so that we can see step by step?
    07-08-09 12:50 PM
    Well deleting the 5 ibpppppp clicks fixed gps for a. Bit now lost where am I tab and gps navagation is gone but poi works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 02:12 PM
    Hello all, newbie here. I have searched for about 40 hours total and still can;t find the correct answer to this question...
    I want to buy 8350i as I am interested in the camera.
    I want to get Boostmobile.
    Do I buy the phone AND a boost starter kit?
    And then have someone do the books for me?
    I usually never ask until I'm out of ideas.
    Thank you
    07-08-09 08:50 PM
    Hello, Im actually getting my Blackberry Curve 8350i in a couple days, so coming across this Boost Tutorial is Great. Seems like alot to do and Im a bit nervous, but hopefully it all goes well.

I was just curious.... the "blackberry desktop app" Do I need to have that to install apps onto my phone from the computer?
    07-08-09 11:17 PM
    Hello, Im actually getting my Blackberry Curve 8350i in a couple days, so coming across this Boost Tutorial is Great. Seems like alot to do and Im a bit nervous, but hopefully it all goes well.

I was just curious.... the "blackberry desktop app" Do I need to have that to install apps onto my phone from the computer?
    Yes you do need the Desktop Manager.
    07-09-09 01:18 AM
1,439 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD