03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    For those of you who want to spend some time with Service Books, this Engineer developed a program called MagicBerry 2.0 - Mena Step Innovative Solutions - Magic Berry IPD Parser

On his website he says, in the next update, we will be able to combine service books ( that may open the doors to using Yahoo Messenger, AOL... or even upload directly from DESKTOP through Shangmail )

Please let me know if you have any thoughts regarding this...
    Last edited by peryp9; 09-21-09 at 09:27 PM.
    09-14-09 11:57 PM
    So been working for months now not. Let battery run out and now shangmail not working. Error message = "Network Error! please checl network settings and signal level!" I have done several battery pulls and loged into shangmail and reworked acount becasue the status there was "permenantly wrong" now says status = "normal" in shangmail online. I am at a loss anyone seen this at all? Any more ideas?

I had the same problem... NO need to reset your settings:

1. go to Shangmail program installed in your phone
    2. click the BB Menu button (left to trackball)
    3. select "Setting" from menu
    4. scroll down and enter in the "Setting" option displayed
    5. for the "Network" item, make sure you have the "CMNET" option selected
    6. click the BB Menu button (left to trackball) and press "Confirm"
    7. take the battery out of your phone and put it back ... (nothing else works... radio reset, etc)

Problem solved.
    Last edited by peryp9; 09-15-09 at 12:11 AM. Reason: I forgot the title...
    09-15-09 12:09 AM
    Yeah, the not being able to send attachments or view the ones I receive easily is starting to bug me. You would think after all the progress we've made I could just let it go! But...I can't. I have another set of Nextel SBs that had an email account hooked up on it, but it doesn't seem to have the Attachment Service Books either. I'm hoping that when I find some spare time I might be able to find where someone else posted some SBs for some reason or another that has the attachment service book and we can throw that into the mix!

You can send attachments from Opera Mini. Log on to GMail.com and go to compose... you will see that you have the option there, and IT WORKS !!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    09-15-09 02:29 AM
    anyone has bank of america working on your 8350i? I went to the browser and it doesn't work. i also downloaded the icon and still dont have access to my account
    anyone has this figured out?
    09-15-09 01:06 PM
    How do I go about making my MMS work...I have everything else going except for that on my BB. I have the 8350I Curve?
    Thanks a bunch in advance

Jenn
    09-15-09 06:56 PM
    Iredline5......................... Thank you sooooo much !! everything is working great !! I would like to thank everyone that had something to do with this thread !!!!!!!! You guys are the greatest !!!! I now love this phone....8350i
    09-15-09 08:00 PM
    How do I go about making my MMS work...I have everything else going except for that on my BB. I have the 8350I Curve?
    Thanks a bunch in advance

Jenn
    Read the entire post starting with the first page. Follow the directions and enjoy !!!!!!! I did !
    09-15-09 08:02 PM
    Iredline5......................... Thank you sooooo much !! everything is working great !! I would like to thank everyone that had something to do with this thread !!!!!!!! You guys are the greatest !!!! I now love this phone....8350i
    Glad it worked out, and I know there were a few other people that had this problems that posted around the web with no real solution. That was real frustrating to get solved.
    09-15-09 10:04 PM
    I read the post and followed all the instructions. I am very happy and excited to get my Blackberry back after swtiching from Nextel to Boost. Thank you so much for helping me with that.

I am having one problem that I hope you can help me with. The email address I used on my Shangmail account is a hotmail email address. I set up the email account through shangmail using the POP3 server information I found on wiki.answers for what is the POP server for hotmail. (I tried to post the link, but cannot because I am a new member and don't have at least 10 posts). I have tried it several times on different days and everytime I get and error message "Connect Failed." If you save it with nothing Shangmail will fill in the blanks for you with POP3 incoming in.izymail.com port 110 SSL = No & Outgoing out.izymail.com port 25 SSL = No. However, these settings are not working because I am not receiving any of my hotmail emails on my BB. I know the email settings on my BB are working because I received about 3 emails from Shangmail that were "Welcome" type emails. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-15-09 10:16 PM
    I read the post and followed all the instructions. I am very happy and excited to get my Blackberry back after swtiching from Nextel to Boost. Thank you so much for helping me with that.

I am having one problem that I hope you can help me with. The email address I used on my Shangmail account is a hotmail email address. I set up the email account through shangmail using the POP3 server information I found on wiki.answers for what is the POP server for hotmail. (I tried to post the link, but cannot because I am a new member and don't have at least 10 posts). I have tried it several times on different days and everytime I get and error message "Connect Failed." If you save it with nothing Shangmail will fill in the blanks for you with POP3 incoming in.izymail.com port 110 SSL = No & Outgoing out.izymail.com port 25 SSL = No. However, these settings are not working because I am not receiving any of my hotmail emails on my BB. I know the email settings on my BB are working because I received about 3 emails from Shangmail that were "Welcome" type emails. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Read this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/sh...e-mail-306846/

That should have the Windows live mail (including hotmail) settings for Shangmail.
    09-16-09 01:41 AM

I posted this a while back , shangmail set up with screenshots
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/ca...2/#post3436126
    09-16-09 07:55 AM
    i been hoock up my bb on my lap top and i cant get to open bb desktop manager can i get some help please
    09-16-09 02:41 PM
    Help Please. Got the 8350i working finally. Tested everything and it was a go. Now, today cant seem to recieve text messages. I can send them, and people recieves them, but if someone sends me a text it never comes. The only way I get my text messages is if I text some one and they reply. Orginal messages never come through. Whats wrong? I really need this fixed cause I plan to port my number to boost at the end of the month. Right now just playing around with it with the number they gave me.
    09-16-09 04:55 PM
    for the past two days I have been getting a network error everything works fine on the phone except i cannot recieve calls or voicemails, i dont know if its a software problem due to the installed software for boostberry or if my phone is just not working properly, have any of you experienced anything similar, thanks for your help.
    09-16-09 06:34 PM
    now its in SOS mode no incalls or outcalls after restoring it.
    09-16-09 07:10 PM
    after i uploaded the new servicebooks i got my phone sending text but now it gives me a error message that says network error! please check network setting and signal level! can any buddy help me Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-16-09 07:47 PM
    for the past two days I have been getting a network error everything works fine on the phone except i cannot recieve calls or voicemails, i dont know if its a software problem due to the installed software for boostberry or if my phone is just not working properly, have any of you experienced anything similar, thanks for your help.
    I started having the same problem and searched some of the old forums. I found a thread that talks about the problem, which turned out to the English version of Shangmail. It will not let me post the forum thread because I am a new user, but you can find it by doing an Advanced Search and putting in "Network Error" searching only on the "Blackberry Curve 8350i" forum. The thread is called "Phone Calls Go Straight To Voice Mail (Help!)."
    09-16-09 09:23 PM
    Read this thread:

That should have the Windows live mail (including hotmail) settings for Shangmail.
    I posted this a while back , shangmail set up with screenshots
    Thank you both. I finally got it. I was getting the Network Error so I uninstalled the English version of Shangmail (1.0) and instead installed the Chinese version (4.5.1). Then after a slow start (on my part literally), I was able to bind directly to Hotmail from the Blackberry and started getting my emails instantly. I also now, no longer have the Network Error problem and am no longer missing phone calls because they are being directed to voicemail. Thanks to everyone and all their wonderful knowledge on Crackberry.com!! You have all been great help and I am so excited to have joined this site. Thanks again.
    09-16-09 09:52 PM
    I was getting the same error. it just stop tho. Now I'm getting this weird text messages when someone is sending me real texts. I donlt know is is the Phone or the network or the Software
    09-16-09 11:32 PM
    hello guys can anyone help me i have been trying to convert my bb 8350i to boost but i just cant get it to work and i belive that im doing everything step by step but i can get it to send /receive MMS, web or anything only phone call please advise
    i think it is because it wont give me the option of changing hotspot browser to browser but i cant get it to do it
    Last edited by yom8350; 09-17-09 at 03:16 PM.
    09-17-09 03:00 PM
    there is an outage right now
    09-17-09 03:10 PM
    hello guys can anyone help me i have been trying to convert my bb 8350i to boost but i just cant get it to work and i belive that im doing everything step by step but i can get it to send /receive MMS, web or anything only phone call please advise
    i think it is because it wont give me the option of changing hotspot browser to browser but i cant get it to do it
    If you don't see browser and hotspot browser delete the service books and reinstall.
    09-17-09 03:43 PM
    My Shang Mail stopped me from receiving incoming call so I had to delete it. Does anyone know how to download the chinese version. I tried but cannot read their website. Or any other program that would push my email to my BB. Thanks
    09-17-09 06:21 PM
    anyone has this figured out?
    wow. anyone here goes online on their phone to check their balance. anyone here has money in bank of america?
    09-17-09 07:28 PM
    My Shang Mail stopped me from receiving incoming call so I had to delete it. Does anyone know how to download the chinese version. I tried but cannot read their website. Or any other program that would push my email to my BB. Thanks

This is the link for Shangmail download - Chinese Version which is much more stable than the English one -

http://www.shangmail.com/mobile4/Shangmail.jad

OR from here : CASE SENSITIVE !!!

http://www.shangmail.com/mobile4/Shangmail.jad
    Last edited by peryp9; 09-17-09 at 08:03 PM.
    09-17-09 07:31 PM
1,439 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD