03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    im trying to make my blackberry into a boostberry and im stuck trying to unzip this file forums crackberry.com/attachm...-combined3.zip
    it doesnt seem to work is there another way to do this file ???
    What are you using to unzip the file?
    09-11-09 07:22 PM
    hightack, check your PM
    09-11-09 07:43 PM
    Now my sms and mms come to the messages box... Thank you so very much.
    09-12-09 05:07 PM
    hey can someone help me i have a 8350i on Boost and have my internet and text woking but for some reason it won't tell me when i have a new mms i have to turn the phone off and back on and then the mms comes thru
    09-12-09 07:23 PM
    one question soome apps want ur bb email address so they can email a link to the bb for download what is it when using bb8350i on boost?
    09-12-09 08:24 PM
    I am still having to click the "continue" box to receive text. Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me. Thank you.
    09-13-09 08:20 PM
    i was just wondering but does yahoo mobile not work on the boostberry's? im waiting on my 8350i to come and i was just wondering before hand
    09-13-09 09:14 PM
    Works great, just had to follow the directions.
    Thanks!
    09-13-09 10:51 PM
    I am still having to click the "continue" box to receive text. Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me. Thank you.
    Im having the same issues, but cant figure it out.
    09-13-09 11:23 PM
    thank you SOOO much! this is beyond awesome! your instructions were clear and i couldn't be any happier!
    09-13-09 11:29 PM
    I would like to ad, forward email to mms... if you need just plain info no BES or BIS needed. I love my BoostBerry!
    09-14-09 01:02 AM
    Im having the same issues, but cant figure it out.
    PREACHER I figures it out, i'll post later on how.. going to bed right now.
    09-14-09 02:12 AM
    menu
    options
    MMS
    multimedia always
    auto retrieval always
    09-14-09 04:59 AM
    I had loaded the sb a few times, and still couldn't get the browser or maps to work. Your step by step instructions really helped me out. Thanks!
    Any idea how to make this shangmail work? I've tried registering, but keep getting message that I'm inputting wrong info.

Set your browser settings to:
    Open BB browser > Press BB menu > Scroll down, click on Options > Click on Browser Configuration> Settings are:
    Browser: Browser
    then make sure all the boxes are checked.
    Browser Indentification: Blackberry
    Then press BB Menu
    Click "Save Options".

Then go to "General Properties"
    Default Browser: Blackberry
    Then make sure these boxes are check marked:
    *Enabled JavaScript Location
    *Closing midfied pages
    *Running WML Scripts
    Then Press BB menu
    Click on "Save Options"

Hope this works for you.
    09-14-09 07:21 AM
    what am i doing wrong? i can get text msg but my browser is only picking up the wifi signals
    09-14-09 05:06 PM
    what am i doing wrong? i can get text msg but my browser is only picking up the wifi signals
    Make sure you have the Browser selected instead of the Hotspot Browser.
    09-14-09 05:09 PM
    Also need to edit any bookmarks from "Hotspot Browser" to "Browser." Otherwise the bookmarks will only work through wifi.
    09-14-09 05:23 PM
    anyone has bank of america working on your 8350i? I went to the browser and it doesn't work. i also downloaded the icon and still dont have access to my account
    09-14-09 05:26 PM
    menu
    options
    MMS
    multimedia always
    auto retrieval always
    I have them set this way . But I still have the same problem. I have even changed the settings and then changed them back to "always" and still " Continue " !
    09-14-09 07:45 PM
    PREACHER I figures it out, i'll post later on how.. going to bed right now.
    PLEASE iredline5 fill me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!
    09-14-09 07:47 PM
    So been working for months now not. Let battery run out and now shangmail not working. Error message = "Network Error! please checl network settings and signal level!" I have done several battery pulls and loged into shangmail and reworked acount becasue the status there was "permenantly wrong" now says status = "normal" in shangmail online. I am at a loss anyone seen this at all? Any more ideas?
    09-14-09 08:40 PM
    Re: Shangmail, do any of you share my concerns about risks to your privacy by having your email routed through a totalitarian state? For this reason, I have been unable to bring myself to sign up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 10:13 PM
    gmail works for emailing.

download the gmail app from google, the url is www dot google dot com/mobile/#p=blackberry then type your phone number in. it will send the down link to your phone and you download the app. (take the spaces and dots out, sorry don't have 10 posts)

after you download the app you just sign in and look at your emails. you'll have to refresh it every time you want to see if you got an email or to check your emails.

now if your like me and you need to know when you get a new email; or you just don't want to keep clicking refresh all the time or us up all your battery life on the same thing. your gonna have to set up your gmail account to send you the email to your txt messages; txt message notification simple and plain.

go to your gmail account on your computer and click Settings (at the top right corner next to your email address.) ~> Forwarding and POP/IMAP then you look at Forwarding: click Forward a copy of incoming mail to your-number-here@myboostmobile dot com . then click Save Changes at the bottom.

then your set up, you have your gmail email on your phone along with txt message notifications when you get an email. you can either reply from the txt or you can go to your gmail app and email the person back from there. either way, its up to you and works =].

have fun emailing people lol.

btw thanks for posting this information for free =].
    Last edited by juggalo_joker89; 09-14-09 at 11:19 PM.
    09-14-09 11:14 PM
    FOR ALL BOOST MOBILE USERS - 8350i - Be happy:

We CAN attach files to e-mail that we send from our phones !!!

It does NOT work natively (from DESKTOP with Shangmail)... You have to log onto your G-Mail account through OPERA-MINI and you will see the UPLOAD button, when you go to compose an e-mail...
    Last edited by peryp9; 09-15-09 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Incomplete ...
    09-15-09 12:12 AM
    PLEASE iredline5 fill me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!
    I had the problem where every text sent and receive, I would get a message before a text would go out or come in. Forgot what the message was but it basically gave three choices, continue, view, or cancel.

I tried a couple service books and many fresh start attempts but would get the same message. Also, I notice that this only happen with the refurbish 8350i I received, so far I have done 5 of these boostberry.

What I did to solve the problem, which I should have done from the get go.
    First, uninstall Desktop Blackberry Manager and ALL other BB software upgrade, in your computer uninstall list. Restart computer.

Second, start fresh with your phone. Wipe handheld and radio.

Third, Install the latest Blackberry Desktop manager from Blackberry site.

Install the latest OS, if you dont have it. Handheld Software Version 4.6.1.204 (316) for BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone

Reinstall the service books, and you should be good to go.

Thats what worked for me. Let me know if that works for you.
    09-15-09 12:41 AM
1,439 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD