03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    thanks Amysharren, it worked perfect
    09-07-09 07:28 PM
    In case anyone is interested, I have a Nextel unlimited generic data plan (not BIS or BES, but only $10/month). They did not give me any service books, so I tried installing the Boost service books mentioned in Amy's original post (thanks, Amy!). They worked great and unlocked all of the features except for the few ones that everyone else has been having problems with. So if you're lucky enough to have this phone with a generic Nextel data plan, follow the Boost instructions to maximize your functionality at the minimum cost.

Today I got BB Maps working by deleting the 5 click IPPP service book. Interestingly, I put the service book back (because I wanted to inspect it and see if it was similar to other service books that I should perhaps delete). Interestingly enough, BB Maps still works even after putting back that service book. Too early to tell whether this will survive a device reset.
    09-07-09 09:09 PM
    In case anyone is interested, I have a Nextel unlimited generic data plan (not BIS or BES, but only $10/month). They did not give me any service books, so I tried installing the Boost service books mentioned in Amy's original post (thanks, Amy!). They worked great and unlocked all of the features except for the few ones that everyone else has been having problems with. So if you're lucky enough to have this phone with a generic Nextel data plan, follow the Boost instructions to maximize your functionality at the minimum cost.

Today I got BB Maps working by deleting the 5 click IPPP service book. Interestingly, I put the service book back (because I wanted to inspect it and see if it was similar to other service books that I should perhaps delete). Interestingly enough, BB Maps still works even after putting back that service book. Too early to tell whether this will survive a device reset.
    Wow!! that is nice! "Generic Nextel Data Plan" how does that work? how can I get that?
    09-07-09 10:12 PM
    It's the same data plan you would get with a generic phone with web browsing capabilities. They always try to sell you an "everything" plan, but if you press them or check the website they will usually admit they have less expensive add-on plans. But your available options may be different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 07:43 AM
    It's the same data plan you would get with a generic phone with web browsing capabilities. They always try to sell you an "everything" plan, but if you press them or check the website they will usually admit they have less expensive add-on plans. But your available options may be different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks! I checked, but I am sticking with Boost I need the unlimited minutes and texts, again...thanks for your input.
    09-08-09 09:12 AM

Same here. Works great on nextel with a cheap data plan. Same options as the boost users.
    09-08-09 05:47 PM
    I was wondering has anyone figured out a work around for the pin messaging on the boostberry 8350i?
    09-09-09 12:26 PM
    you will not be able to your BBM or PIN or anything that deals with the PIN until boost supports the 8350i
    09-09-09 12:43 PM
    Amysharren....try this IM+ ...it works great.,try a free version and if you like it ,but it...it works great for me....and you can send msm too.....here is a link....first on the list
    Mobile software: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, iChat/AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, Skype, VR+, Mobiscope, GPSed, RDM+, TSMobiles, VNC+.

thats an OTA download
    09-09-09 01:59 PM
    09-09-09 02:04 PM
    can someone plz help i have been using my sms and mms for like a month now but today i got one text and wrote back and now i can receive text but when i open them it says cant recieve message try again later and when i try to respond back i keep getting the failed x y has my mms stopped working i also tried to restore my back up no luck PLEASE HELP!!
    09-10-09 08:36 AM
    Cant Receive*
    09-10-09 08:38 AM
    there is a text issue happening now
    09-10-09 09:09 AM
    Is it with Nextel? Sprint? Boost? Or our BoostBerrys?
    09-10-09 11:08 AM
    there is a text issue happening now
    I thought that the boostberries do not go through rim's servers?

The texting on my i9 is perfect right now, but the 8350i is having the same issues that everyone else is having..
    09-10-09 11:09 AM
    they dont, but they still connect through the IDEN network.... there is an issue with an update RIM did, and it is effeting the IDEN network..... its all in RIMs update
    09-10-09 11:16 AM
    Good to know.. I have a wife trippin on me, and I was ready to go get a i465 for her that she will throw at me later on, then after that go sign a contract with another carrier to get her a bb and make her happy!

Thanks for the update!
    09-10-09 11:21 AM
    It seems to be working sending and receiveing.
    09-10-09 11:52 AM
    I have a question. When you into Options ->Advanced Options ->Host Routing Table, what does the list of entries show? Is it a list of Nextel or Boost entries?
    09-10-09 05:24 PM
    I have a question. When you into Options ->Advanced Options ->Host Routing Table, what does the list of entries show? Is it a list of Nextel or Boost entries?
    It is all about Nextel (iden network), boost it's just a sub-name.
    09-10-09 05:50 PM
    Thanks. Just making sure. I'm convinced that my situation is due to hardware, so I needed to know, since I can't find out myself.
    09-10-09 06:02 PM
    ok i got my walkie talkie working and my phone on bosst but i still cant sent or get any messeges or get in to the internet so , is someone who can help me or tell me whats is wrong with my phone or what i need please ,thanks to everyone here for makin a smart phone working with a cheap company like boost mobile thanks
    09-10-09 07:43 PM
    I want to thank everyone for all the work that's gone into these threads.

To the people who have a "cheap" and/or "old" nextel data plan like me, thanks for letting me know it works! I tried to buy a blackberry officially from nextel with my plan, and they said I'd have to "upgrade" my data package to something costing way more because mine was so old. I bought an 8350i off of ebay because of you guys, and it works great with the boostberry fixes! I never thought I would get so much functionality out of ANY nextel phone coming over from the horrible i850.
    09-11-09 12:37 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was so disappointed after I put my Boost Sim in my BB7520 that I went and purchased a BB8350i after being told to do so by a wireless store. More disappointment came after I had the same troubles I did with my 7520. After being told by everyone in my city that it is impossible to use the web or text on a BB with a Boost sim, and that there is no such program and service book to do so, and after countless times trying to follow these how-to steps from several web sites...my Blackberry 8350i is fully capable of Web, text and MMS thanks to your easy to follow steps. Best part about it is your not charging $50 to do so like others....once again thank you, thank you, thank you!
    09-11-09 01:34 PM
    im trying to make my blackberry into a boostberry and im stuck trying to unzip this file forums crackberry.com/attachm...-combined3.zip
    it doesnt seem to work is there another way to do this file ???
    09-11-09 03:04 PM
1,439 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD