03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Reply to Post #588. Thank you for your help.
    Go to options>Advanced options>Service Books>and delete a record that says "IPPP for 5 click" Just delete that and it will work.
    I did not have IPPP for 5 click. Please help. I need BB Maps to work
    09-03-09 10:00 PM
    i can open the zip file everytime i try it say the file mey be damage what else can i do to get my service books
    Download the file again. It did not download completely.
    09-03-09 10:09 PM
    Reply to Post #588. Thank you for your help.
    Go to options>Advanced options>Service Books>and delete a record that says "IPPP for 5 click" Just delete that and it will work.
    I did not have IPPP for 5 click. Please help. I need BB Maps to work

Delete all service books, and reinstall them, you should have that record.
    09-04-09 12:35 AM
    remember. to put back in your original service books that came with your "BB 8350i" do a "battery pull" connect your BB to your "device manager" software to update your BB to the latest OS and hopefully it works!!
    Did this work for you? Please, post the steps of what needs to be done.
    Before going through the tutorial on p.1 (so I had my original SB) I went to the Nexter BB site, registered, "send the SB" and it seemed that it did send them (I had 2 books, now I have 3). I did not do any other configurations, just tried to send a SMS (The tutorial says: Messages-> BB Menu key -> Compose MMS), but I do not have the "Compose MMS" in the menu. I did a "battery pull" and "master radio reset", but still no Compose MMS to choose.
    09-04-09 01:49 PM
    I scanned this thread and was wondring is there a fix for app world for the boostberry

thanks ahead of time
    09-04-09 03:37 PM
    BTW I followed this thread and my 8350i is F-ing awesome They only things not working as of right now is BBM everyone knows that and Apps. The help hear is great. Not like some other sites
    09-04-09 05:00 PM
    i almost paid someone $20 just to tell me this! did it myself in a couple of minutes! thanks so much!!
    09-04-09 07:15 PM
    I scanned this thread and was wondring is there a fix for app world for the boostberry

thanks ahead of time
    Nope. App World only works with BIS which Boost does not have. Can't have everything for $50/mo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 12:34 AM
    Well, I have been using Nimbuzz (actually, I thought I recommended it in my how-to...). I am second thinking it now...it keeps freezing up.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent free chat client? My husband is about to deploy to Afghanistan again and it is really important for me to have an "always on" type client b/c they get to use PCs more than Phones and I don't want to miss the few chances I'll have to speak with him while he's gone. And I'd prefer it to have the popular chats, any ideas?

Oh! And it'd be awesome if it like integrated into the BB enough to show alerts for new messages? Am I being too hopeful? (:
    09-05-09 02:16 AM
    Well, I have been using Nimbuzz (actually, I thought I recommended it in my how-to...). I am second thinking it now...it keeps freezing up.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent free chat client? My husband is about to deploy to Afghanistan again and it is really important for me to have an "always on" type client b/c they get to use PCs more than Phones and I don't want to miss the few chances I'll have to speak with him while he's gone. And I'd prefer it to have the popular chats, any ideas?

Oh! And it'd be awesome if it like integrated into the BB enough to show alerts for new messages? Am I being too hopeful? (:
    I have "Palringo", I am not much into chat but the few times I have used it, it has worked pretty good, you might want to give it a try. It's free.
    09-05-09 09:42 AM

I used Palringo for a week or 2 and it was okay. I then found out my Windows Mobile license for IM+ was transferrable so I switched the license to a BB license and use that.
    09-05-09 11:11 AM
    Hey guys ! Before posting I have read this entire post, all 41 pages and I have went through the the entire setup several times. The setup worked great the first time I tried it but I ALWAYS have to click " Continue " to receive mms/text. If I click " View certificate " it tells me" Trust Status , Not Trusted" if you scroll down it. I would like to thank everyone for this thread and I love my 8350i but I would love to receive mms/text without picking up my phone every two seconds to see if I have a new mms/text and open that stupid " Continue " box. ( wihout opening the box the mms/text will not receive ) also arter opening I also have to click " retreive now " and wait for the message to down load. Sorry about that but I needed to vent. Could this be happening because I have not registered my IMEI ? ( will not accept, I have tried ) What am I doing wrong ?
    Last edited by Preacher824; 09-05-09 at 12:47 PM.
    09-05-09 12:12 PM
    Hey guys ! Before posting I have read this entire post, all 41 pages and I have went through the the entire setup several times. The setup worked great the first time I tried it but I ALWAYS have to click " Continue " to receive mms/text. If I click " View certificate " it tells me" Trust Status , Not Trusted" if you scroll down it. I would like to thank everyone for this thread and I love my 8350i but I would love to receive mms/text without picking up my phone every two seconds to see if I have a new mms/text and open that stupid " Continue " box. ( wihout opening the box the mms/text will not receive ) also arter opening I also have to click " retreive now " and wait for the message to down load. Sorry about that but I needed to vent. Could this be happening because I have not registered my IMEI ? ( will not accept, I have tried ) What am I doing wrong ?
    I don't know what your texting problem is, but sometimes registering the IMEI does help with receiving texts. Try registering it at 1-888-BOOST-4U, it is automated, and will accept a BB IMEI.
    09-05-09 01:48 PM

I'm no expert, but try this.

Options button (blackberry button, left of trackball)
    Click Options Icon
    Scroll to MMS and Click
    Multimedia Reception: Choose Always
    Automatic Retrieval: Choose Always
    09-05-09 02:14 PM
    I'm no expert, but try this.

Options button (blackberry button, left of trackball)
    Click Options Icon
    Scroll to MMS and Click
    Multimedia Reception: Choose Always
    Automatic Retrieval: Choose Always
    Checked my settings and they are already set that way. Thank you.
    Last edited by Preacher824; 09-05-09 at 04:03 PM.
    09-05-09 04:01 PM
    This was very helpful... Although, i still can't send messages. and my browser also says hotspot browser. i did the step with the alt s b e b and i clicked ok. i also cleared the old service books before installing the new ones. what can i do to make txt msgs works?
    09-05-09 04:11 PM
    This was very helpful... Although, i still can't send messages. and my browser also says hotspot browser. i did the step with the alt s b e b and i clicked ok. i also cleared the old service books before installing the new ones. what can i do to make txt msgs works?
    Do this press...ALT+SHIFT+H at the same time...what numbers do you see for App Version? you should see 4.6.1.204, if you don't see that version your phone's software needs to be updated, and that should help your texting issues.
    09-05-09 04:29 PM
    How many Service Books should you be able to count if you open the service books on your device ? I count 19 in mine.
    09-05-09 05:49 PM
    I have "Palringo", I am not much into chat but the few times I have used it, it has worked pretty good, you might want to give it a try. It's free.
    Thanks. I had actually just installed Palringo before I posted that. I like it, it stays always on, it has a clean interface, I just don't like that the alert you receive is a single chime. I need it to chime a few times and vibrate AND have a physical blinking light, red star, or notice at the top, ya know, something like that. I'll see if I can't play with the settings...
    09-05-09 07:07 PM
    Wow, love this love you

But wait it worked great until I rebooted my phoen, then its says no mms service record...whats up with that...browser works but not txt
    Last edited by ajf1006; 09-06-09 at 07:15 PM.
    09-06-09 06:05 PM
    Wow, love this love you

But wait it worked great until I rebooted my phoen, then its says no mms service record...whats up with that...browser works but not txt
    Do this press...ALT+SHIFT+H at the same time...what numbers do you see for App Version? you should see 4.6.1.204, if you don't see that version your phone's software needs to be updated, and that should help your texting issues.
    09-06-09 07:31 PM
    4.6.1.204(316)...only does it when i do a battery pull the smart dialing thing rests to add the +1 also...
    09-06-09 07:36 PM
    Where do I disable text forwarding in order for the BB8350i to recieve and send text msgs?
    09-06-09 10:12 PM
    i cant get the zip to unlock its telling me i cant unzip it help pls
    09-07-09 10:04 AM
    i cant get the zip to unlock its telling me i cant unzip it help pls
    What program are you using to unzip the file?
    09-07-09 10:12 AM
1,439 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD