03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Quick question, I have an active Nextel sim from my i580 that I put into a 8350i and all I could do is make calls, nothing else. (duh)

If I unlocked the phone will I be able to MMS, browse the web, etc w/o getting a blackberry plan? I'm sure this topic was probably covered but I couldnt find it in any of the threads

Thanks in advance
    08-28-09 01:57 PM
    Quick question, I have an active Nextel sim from my i580 that I put into a 8350i and all I could do is make calls, nothing else. (duh)

If I unlocked the phone will I be able to MMS, browse the web, etc w/o getting a blackberry plan? I'm sure this topic was probably covered but I couldnt find it in any of the threads

Thanks in advance
    There is no such a thing as "unlucking" your 8350i. You do need a data plan. What you see here is the $50 unlimited plan from Boostmobile on the 8350i. There's a workaround to make it work with boost.
    Read the STicky created by Amysharen on top of the 8350i forum. There is a lot of info on this subject if you are interested.
    Last edited by piloso; 08-28-09 at 02:30 PM.
    08-28-09 02:26 PM
    Just Curious But Can Anyone Help Me With My Problem. I Have Everything To The Letter But Still Can Not Get Browser. My Software Is Up To Date And I Did Alt Sbeb Message Came Up. I Hit Ok And Followed Directions.
    08-28-09 03:20 PM
    Just Curious But Can Anyone Help Me With My Problem. I Have Everything To The Letter But Still Can Not Get Browser. My Software Is Up To Date And I Did Alt Sbeb Message Came Up. I Hit Ok And Followed Directions.
    I don't know how many times you did the procedure. I had to do it twice, worked the 2nd time. I printed out the steps, and checked off each one as I performed it. I found out I missed part of a step the first time through. Hope this helps.
    08-28-09 03:50 PM
    I Started With The A Printed Copy. I Have Done It So Many Times I Can Recite It. What Part Did You Miss.
    08-28-09 04:15 PM
    I have worked through the set up a few times and I have everything working except for MMS. I can send text and have them received but I cannot receive text on my handset. I can register and receive registration receipts from blackberry however nothing else comes through.

I also don't have another boost mobile phone to call customer service and when I did call customer service I was told to do a master reset. This also has not solved the problem.

I tried switching my IMEI number back to the i776 model and a master reset and that didn't work either.

Somebody please offer me a solution to my misery
    08-28-09 04:42 PM
    Thank u so Much Amy and everybody else for this.. u guys made my day.!!! =)
    Luv u.!!
    08-28-09 04:43 PM
    I have worked through the set up a few times and I have everything working except for MMS. I can send text and have them received but I cannot receive text on my handset. I can register and receive registration receipts from blackberry however nothing else comes through.

I also don't have another boost mobile phone to call customer service and when I did call customer service I was told to do a master reset. This also has not solved the problem.

I tried switching my IMEI number back to the i776 model and a master reset and that didn't work either.

Somebody please offer me a solution to my misery
    I had the very same promblem, I put my boost sim card on a i776 and I still had the same promblem, so I called boost CS, they fixed it, then I put my sim card in my 8350i, since then I have not gotten any promblems.
    I did not have a boost phone so I went to the store where I bought the sim card, they were nice to let me use one of their phones to call customer service, maybe you want to try that.
    Last edited by piloso; 08-28-09 at 05:14 PM.
    08-28-09 05:10 PM
    Press and hold ALT+SHIFT+H at the same time...what numbers do you see for App Version? it should be 4.6.1.204. If it is not then you need to update your phone's software.
    Yes my software reads 4.6.1.204 (316). I will try the steps from the beginning again. My Opera browser works perfect but i want to have a 100% phone.
    Last edited by cwong79; 08-28-09 at 10:15 PM.
    08-28-09 10:12 PM
    I followed the service books steps twice, however, browser works temporarily and once i close it and reopen it; I get this error "This is a WI-FI service. Please ensure your device has an active WI-Fi connection and try again". What should I do?
    Have you changed your hot browser to "browser"?
    08-28-09 10:21 PM
    Have you changed your hot browser to "browser"?
    In options-advance options-browser-default browser config-Browser
    This is correct?
    Update: Im playing with it now and it works intermittantly. Its strange but with 2 browsers loaded I can always fall back on my Opera when the default browser doesnt work. However, if you can give me any other suggestions I will try them. Thanks for you fast reply. Lots of ppl here owe you lots for a working boostberry.
    Last edited by cwong79; 08-28-09 at 10:33 PM.
    08-28-09 10:27 PM
    This is correct?
    yes that's correct. your phone's native browser does not work?
    08-28-09 10:34 PM
    This is correct?
    Update: Im playing with it now and it works intermittantly. Its strange but with 2 browsers loaded I can always fall back on my Opera when the default browser doesnt work. However, if you can give me any other suggestions I will try them. Thanks for you fast reply. Lots of ppl here owe you lots for a working boostberry.
    what do you mean "with 2 browser loaded"? If you have 2 browsers, you have installed the wrong set of books.
    Last edited by piloso; 08-28-09 at 10:44 PM.
    08-28-09 10:37 PM
    what do you mean "with 2 browser loaded"? If you have 2 browsers, you have installed the wrong set of books.
    Sorry I meant I have a browser icon i can get on to the web sometimes and I have Opera Mini installed under "Downloads" which works 100% of the time.
    08-28-09 10:49 PM
    Sorry I meant I have a browser icon i can get on to the web sometimes and I have Opera Mini installed under "Downloads" which works 100% of the time.
    Ok. you can move your opera mini to your phone's home screen, so it's easier to access.
    08-28-09 11:15 PM
    i have a bb 8350i and i can't get my voice mail on boost, can anybody help
    08-30-09 12:05 PM
    i have a bb 8350i and i can't get my voice mail on boost, can anybody help
    Press call green button>menu>options>voice mail>>>>>>>>>>>do you see an access number? if not, you can put your number there.
    08-30-09 12:16 PM
    Can someone try this link with their orginal SB from nextel and see if you'll get your e-mail and such.BlackBerry Internet Service the blogger said that they used a boost sim and registered as a new user and everything seem to work.... I hope to find that blog again. keep me informed you guys

*revised*
    I found the "blog link" Boost going unlimited on iDEN network | Prepaid Reviews Please read "Greg's blog" June 19,2009" I really hope this is all we have to do! :-D
    Last edited by TBowd; 08-31-09 at 09:05 AM.
    08-31-09 02:34 AM
    Hi I used did.. everything..

but Im having trouble receiving Txt messaging.

I can send pictures, go online.. but i cant receive.
    what should i do.
    08-31-09 04:42 AM
    "mosita88 "States Hi I used did.. everything..

but Im having trouble receiving Txt messaging.

"I can send pictures, go online.. but i cant receive.
    what should i do?"
    . ...............

"Mosita88" please do a "battery pull" and see what happens after that... It would be a tremendous accomplishment if you can get your texts and MMS messages!!
    08-31-09 07:33 AM
    Thank you for your information but Im still having trouble sending out e-mails anything better than Shangmail.
    08-31-09 09:03 AM
    remember. to put back in your original service books that came with your "BB 8350i" do a "battery pull" connect your BB to your "device manager" software to update your BB to the latest OS and hopefully it works!!
    08-31-09 09:41 AM
    Do i HAVE to activate the boost sim card in a boost phone before using it in my 8350i? Ive been reading alot of websites that even after flashing the BB i have to still use a boost phone to activate it the sim card or else it still wont work. is this true or can i jus pop the sim in the BB and itll start working?
    08-31-09 10:01 AM
    I was going crazy trying to use SMS/MMS for the past few days until I found your website. Its so easy to make it work just the way I though it would.
    Thank you so very much.
    sml
    08-31-09 10:07 AM
    Do i HAVE to activate the boost sim card in a boost phone before using it in my 8350i? Ive been reading alot of websites that even after flashing the BB i have to still use a boost phone to activate it the sim card or else it still wont work. is this true or can i jus pop the sim in the BB and itll start working?
    YES ACTIVATE YOUR BOOST SIM WITH YOUR BOOST PHONE FIRST THEN REMOVE THE SIM AND PLACE IT INTO YOUR BB 8350i AND FOLLOW THE STEPS AS A "NEW USER" AS STATED BEFORE THREADS
    08-31-09 10:37 AM
1,439 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD