03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 1234 ...
tools
    Ok, so I ordered the SIM card AmySharren linked me to on eBay, thanks for that link darlin. I have purchased a 8350i from ebay ($142.00) and am awaiting delivery. In the mean time, I will D/L the software from your links. When I get the 8350i, do I need to set it up on Boost first off or can I boot up the phone and start to install aps? Again Thanks!
    06-10-09 09:32 AM
    Did u have to register with the chinese site also or did ur user/pass just work? When u login what does it say for "network"?
    Had to register on the chinese site, and then i was getting double email's comming in so i went to the english site, and I removed the email accts. now I only get 1, also when I replied to any message i was getting a copy back to myself a bit annoying, so i placed myself in the filtered black list. working good now 2 days strong a fully functional bb on the boost network. thanks.
    Last edited by locomike; 06-10-09 at 09:52 AM.
    06-10-09 09:43 AM
    Did u have to register with the chinese site also or did ur user/pass just work? When u login what does it say for "network"?
    What is the Chinese site?
    06-10-09 10:14 AM
    I am being able to send pictures to email addresses with the mms option, and they get there in seconds, but not pictures taken with a high megapixels camera, only pictures taken with my phone. Since there is no option to send files in the mms option, I cannot send files.
    Are we all in the same page?
    06-10-09 10:20 AM
    What is the Chinese site?
    Never mind as I have read more threads, I have answered my own question.
    06-10-09 03:23 PM
    I can send mms but not receive. Does anyone know hot to fix this?
    06-10-09 05:36 PM
    Had to register on the chinese site, and then i was getting double email's comming in so i went to the english site, and I removed the email accts. now I only get 1, also when I replied to any message i was getting a copy back to myself a bit annoying, so i placed myself in the filtered black list. working good now 2 days strong a fully functional bb on the boost network. thanks.
    This Chinese site is making me crazy. I'm about to go round 2 on it.

BTW, were you using a gmail account when you were getting your own replies sent back to you? If so, that's something gmail does so that you have a copy of what you sent everywhere. I think changing it to IMAP from POP3 would fix it, or there may be a setting somewhere.
    06-10-09 06:34 PM
    This Chinese site is making me crazy. I'm about to go round 2 on it.

BTW, were you using a gmail account when you were getting your own replies sent back to you? If so, that's something gmail does so that you have a copy of what you sent everywhere. I think changing it to IMAP from POP3 would fix it, or there may be a setting somewhere.
    This is what I did to not go crazy, I downloaded the program OTA trhu wap.shangmail.com then I registered trhu my blackberry trhu the shangmail program I had installed, it is going to be in english, and you can *** the email accounts trhu the blackberry as well so there is no need to fill out chinese forms on the site, that would drive any sane person crazy. good luck, let me know how it goes. thx
    06-10-09 10:39 PM
    how can you be able to use the PIN on the BB to use BBM and sending PIN emails?
    06-10-09 11:20 PM
    you are the best man thanks so much i almost paid someone to do it for me and almost got robbed for it thanks.
    06-11-09 12:42 AM
    I follwed your directions to the letter and it went easy and worked terrific!
    Thanks so much!
    Dakota
    06-11-09 09:48 AM
    Hi,
    is this going to work with Bold?
    I have Unlocked At&T one and I'm using now opera with the WAP service from my Service provider in Kuwait (WATANIYA), but not the 3G.
    any suggestion for help
    K-bond007
    06-11-09 11:37 AM
    this is for the 8350i (iden network) only.... sorry
    06-11-09 11:54 AM
    There might be a problem coming soon. Someone took the time to post this information on the Boost Facebook page where they have a represenative on there almost daily. I am sure Boost is going to try to find a way to stop Blackberry's from working on Boost now.
    06-11-09 05:40 PM
    do i need to buy a boost sim card to hack it
    06-11-09 06:08 PM
    This is what I did to not go crazy, I downloaded the program OTA trhu wap.shangmail.com then I registered trhu my blackberry trhu the shangmail program I had installed, it is going to be in english, and you can *** the email accounts trhu the blackberry as well so there is no need to fill out chinese forms on the site, that would drive any sane person crazy. good luck, let me know how it goes. thx
    Duh...of course that's the way to do it! Ha, I successfully registered on the site. I even put my email accounts on the site while I was waiting for my phone to reboot after a battery pull (:
    06-11-09 06:27 PM
    06-11-09 10:24 PM
    There might be a problem coming soon. Someone took the time to post this information on the Boost Facebook page where they have a represenative on there almost daily. I am sure Boost is going to try to find a way to stop Blackberry's from working on Boost now.
    Ugh. This is annoying. I looked at the page and recognized the first name from an email a month ago. I sent him an email telling him how little I appreciate him posting it right in front of Boost's face. Not to mention he copied my how-to off my site (I know b/c there's a typo on there that I fixed when I posted here but haven't bothered to there yet). Blah. I'm taking my site down for now.

Granted, there's nothing stopping a Boost rep from watching these forums, but, still.

BTW, if I'm correct on who it was, it wasn't a crackberry user, it was a hofo user.
    06-12-09 01:27 AM
    Does the boost mobile rep have a high position because if they are regular tech reps I dont think they care much, wouldnt they go out and get an 8350i themselves for their boost service???
    Last edited by moisaenz; 06-12-09 at 02:39 AM.
    06-12-09 02:35 AM
    you unbelieveable~!!,I tried many diff way to get my bb8310 through website before,failed all.but today,now,it works.

thank you might not enough.
    so many thankssssssss
    06-12-09 09:32 PM
    ok i have been with boost for like 2 1/2 years. i am looking at getting the I8350 and have some ? i have read alott of these threads. im still kinda confused can you unlock these phones so you can acess the internet from the blackberry im not shure what features i am loosing with a boost chip..
    all i need is the phone, direct connect, the web,and my emails and text messages. im not shure what the sms messages are im really new to these phones any help would be great i shure need it. i cant send pms so if any one could give me a direct email addy to help me out that would be great thanks mike
    06-13-09 01:00 AM
    Wow! Thanks to everyone for all of the helpfull info in this tutorial and the boostworkaround thread!! It's amazing that you were able to work it out and share the info. Just got my 8350i and can't wait to get it functioning as a BoostBerry!

I have read all the posts over the past 3 weeks in preparation for getting my BB, which just came last week, and I have loaded the service books, after inserting activated sim, etc. I have a question which I haven't been able to find the answer to using the search function.

Edited: Thanks found the answers to my questions.

Thanks,
    Kathleen
    Last edited by Kat_n_dogz; 06-13-09 at 09:41 PM. Reason: found answer on my own
    06-13-09 04:20 PM
    I'm using it, but, my phone number ORIGINALLY was given to me by Nextel, then it went to Tmo, then back to Nextel, then MetroPCS, then Helio. For some reason, when I signed up, it said I had a Nextel number even though I'm on Boost. But my husband's number won't work.
    Thanks for the heads up. Since I knew I would be switching over to boost, and porting my number over from AT&T, I signed up for youmail in advance of activation with boost and of my number being ported. Wondering if this will work for anyone that is planning on making the switch to Boost BB, but hasn't yet.

Just got my BB, haven't yet loaded combined service books. Will let you know if youmail works when all is set up.

Thanks.
    06-13-09 05:22 PM
    Amy! I remember your first thread...now look at u!!! All omni potent and stuff. Awesome thread. I downloaded ur first 33 service books and new that it would be a matter of time before u got it. Thanx a million...now my phone will work like a charm. To b honest I saw that it was a female bringing in the answers and thought that you were a split ends infested geek but the pic proved me super wrong. Hot AND smart, yay!!!! LOL
    06-13-09 10:20 PM
    hey i canot seem to get it to work
    06-14-09 12:12 PM
1,439 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD