03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    This was a great How To thread. I would buy you a cheesecake to show my appreciation, but you know how things go...
    08-15-09 01:57 AM
    Ok so I am going to buy a boost sim on ebay. Will any sim work for the 8350i? Is there something I need to look out for? Thanks in advance.
    08-15-09 11:00 AM
    Dumb question,would this work on the Telus network, there must be away I think.
    08-15-09 11:23 AM
    Ok so I am going to buy a boost sim on ebay. Will any sim work for the 8350i? Is there something I need to look out for? Thanks in advance.

Make sure you get a 64k Boost Starter Kit.
    08-15-09 12:01 PM
    hightacK thanks for all of your help. I sent you a PM.
    08-15-09 02:09 PM
    Thanks man just ordered one. I am stoked on this. I bought the 8350i never knowing i could do this. Mwa ha haaaa
    08-15-09 06:22 PM
    I am wondering if there is an application that will turn BB into a wireless router. Anyone has any ideas?
    08-16-09 03:53 AM
    1st off thank you sooo much for this tutorial i got my bb up and running in just minutes. But i do have a question is there a way to save bookmarks on opera mini when i hit the bb menu button to do so nothing happens? also how do i refresh a page?
    08-16-09 03:15 PM
    1st off thank you sooo much for this tutorial i got my bb up and running in just minutes. But i do have a question is there a way to save bookmarks on opera mini when i hit the bb menu button to do so nothing happens? also how do i refresh a page?
    This is probably your issue (taken from the original post):

4.) Visible Menus Theme (Default theme with black menus)

a. A lot of third party pieces of software such as Opera Mini do not support the transparent menus that are utilized in the default them for the 8350. This theme is simply the default theme but with the fix so you dont have to worry about that anymore.
    08-16-09 03:58 PM
    Thanks So Much for this Tutorial and everyone that help with it. Its 2:07 am and I Just got my new 8350i working. Now I can happily go to bed. Big day for my new toy tomorrow....

Thanks again you guys rock!!!
    08-17-09 02:07 AM
    Thanks So Much for this Tutorial and everyone that help with it. Its 2:07 am and I Just got my new 8350i working. Now I can happily go to bed. Big day for my new toy tomorrow....

Thanks again you guys rock!!!
    Have a BoostBerry Day !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 05:36 AM
    i have a question. i put the new service books. i have everything working text, email, mms and web. but today i pick up my phone and i can't send any text, email or go on the web. wheni looked on my browser and go to options browser is not an option anymore. i look on my service books and most of them are missing. anyone experienced this before?
    08-17-09 09:32 AM
    i have a question. i put the new service books. i have everything working text, email, mms and web. but today i pick up my phone and i can't send any text, email or go on the web. wheni looked on my browser and go to options browser is not an option anymore. i look on my service books and most of them are missing. anyone experienced this before?
    Have you checked if your device software has the lattest version ending at .204? My friend's had an older version and that was causing that problem. I updated it and now it's working fine.
    Last edited by piloso; 08-17-09 at 11:36 AM.
    08-17-09 11:34 AM
    Hey has anyone experience a time out while texting the says 8350i with boostberry installed. sometimes the message doesn't go through and it displays a red x, and sometimes it when i recieve a text it cannot download. it downloads after i click retrive now several times. oh and the time out period is around ten min. or soo, it happens a couple of times during the day. any solutions.
    08-17-09 07:44 PM
    I HAVE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. ANY knows anything about it?

I just got my boostberry 8350i working yesterday and it's amazing. Thank you AmySharren and everyone that keeps coming back to the thread.

I only have one issue with the WIFI. When I go through wifi set up it says it can't connect. It says "Reason: Failed to obtain an IP address." I am not sure if this is because the network is password protected, although i did enter the "pre-shared key", or if it's that the BB's IP is messed up. I've tried it with both the browser and hotspot browser, though I guess it might not matter which browser one is using.
    I would really appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks
    EDIT: I made sure DHCP is enabled on the router. Still can't connect to the Internet.

Another newbie question. How do I send SMS on my Boost BB Curve 8350i? Thx in advance
    Last edited by vaderq84; 08-18-09 at 12:46 PM.
    08-18-09 11:16 AM
    I HAVE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. ANY knows anything about it?
    Most times when this happens, DHCP is not enabled on the router, or the password is entered incorrectly.
    08-18-09 12:36 PM

Another newbie question. How do I send SMS on my Boost BB Curve 8350i? Thx in advance
    first off you dont have to bold eberything out, it will get read...

second off the 8350i does not send SMS text, it sends MMS text.
    08-18-09 02:14 PM
    Ok, my problem has been fixed. I needed to download some files from the internet and restore/install files on my BB. If you are having similar problem with boostberry don't hesitate to pm me and i will send u the file.'

Edit:
    Sorry Casper34, I was frustrated at that time. I won't do it again.
    08-18-09 02:14 PM
    i still cant send a first txt to a contact unless they have send me one and i reply. anyone know a solution for this?
    08-18-09 03:35 PM
    so you dont have a compose MMS option???

i would check to make sure that i am running on the 204 OS and then i would resend my service books
    08-18-09 04:19 PM
    This is probably your issue (taken from the original post):

4.) Visible Menus Theme (Default theme with black menus)

a. A lot of third party pieces of software such as Opera Mini do not support the transparent menus that are utilized in the default them for the 8350. This theme is simply the default theme but with the fix so you dont have to worry about that anymore.
    i got the alx file on but it will not recognize the cod file. Do I need that file because I'm still having the same problem with opera
    08-18-09 08:10 PM
    i got the alx file on but it will not recognize the cod file. Do I need that file because I'm still having the same problem with opera
    I haven't done this in a while, but if I remember correctly you put both files in the same directory, then you navigate to the alx file with BBDM. It handles the cod file. Then you go to options-> themes and pick the new theme.
    08-18-09 10:20 PM
    I haven't done this in a while, but if I remember correctly you put both files in the same directory, then you navigate to the alx file with BBDM. It handles the cod file. Then you go to options-> themes and pick the new theme.
    correct. you need both the ALX and COD files in the same locations, then browse in to that location in the DM
    08-18-09 11:22 PM
    i cant send mms but i recived, i do everything and the steps are correclty, but how can send mms?
    08-19-09 12:32 AM
    Thank You
    08-19-09 12:56 AM
1,439 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD