03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I had someone mod my BlackBerry 8350i for Boost Mobile but he told me that if I take out my battery or turn off the phone the phone will revert to default status and stop working. Is this true? I am not sure if he used the instructions within this thread, so my next question is - will using this instructions within this thread work even after I remove the battery or turn off the phone? Thanks and sorry about the convulated question
    Iboro
    PS: I am new on this forum so if I violate any rules pls tell me gently
    Can't answer for your phone, but I turn my phone off every night. When turned on in the morning everything is fine. I set up my phone using instructions from this thread.
    08-12-09 02:28 PM
    I, too, have pulled the battery with no negative side effects. I sent the service books once (the day I got my phone) and haven't had to resend them again.
    08-12-09 02:50 PM
    you can do a battery pull without losing your service books, only if you swap in a different sim then the books have to be reloaded.
    08-12-09 08:51 PM
    thanks folks... I will turn it off sometime when I have the desktop setup so if there is a problem I can then just follow the instructions on here and resend the SBs.
    Again thanks!
    08-12-09 09:10 PM
    I had someone mod my BlackBerry 8350i for Boost Mobile but he told me that if I take out my battery or turn off the phone the phone will revert to default status and stop working. Is this true? I am not sure if he used the instructions within this thread, so my next question is - will using this instructions within this thread work even after I remove the battery or turn off the phone? Thanks and sorry about the convulated question
    Iboro
    PS: I am new on this forum so if I violate any rules pls tell me gently

my answer is the same ...i turn mine off and have no problems at all...

thanks everyone..im glad i found this thread cause i was being told i have to pay 100 and send my phone off to get the text services..thanks again
    08-13-09 01:23 AM
    Amy,
    Thanks so much for your contribution to the CB Site. The ability to use the 8350i's rich set of features with Boost Mobile's Unlimited Service is IMHO the best thing going right now.
    Quick question....do you know if the SIM is removed, do all the changes made go away? and also is it possible to back up the changes using BDM and then load it on a different BB and expect it to work?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    08-13-09 06:31 AM
    anybody have any idea on how to get the service books needed for this. i tried using the link that was provided in this thread but no luck. Please help.
    08-13-09 11:26 AM
    Another Newbie challenge, I can't get the OperaMini to install on my BB 8350i... says "Error Connecting to Internet". I downloaded it through my handheld not through the computer. Any suggestions?
    08-13-09 11:45 AM
    I Followed Instructions And Changed My Service Books And Everything I Needed To Do And I Got Everything For Boost Working On My 8350i Exept The Web?? It Only Works When Im In A Wireless Service Area And It Picks It Up But Is There A Way To Be Able To Get It Anywhere Im At??
    08-13-09 11:52 AM
    anybody have any idea on how to get the service books needed for this. i tried using the link that was provided in this thread but no luck. Please help.
    Just tried, both links work.
    08-13-09 01:25 PM
    Another Newbie challenge, I can't get the OperaMini to install on my BB 8350i... says "Error Connecting to Internet". I downloaded it through my handheld not through the computer. Any suggestions?
    Yes, download it to your computer.
    08-13-09 01:26 PM
    I Followed Instructions And Changed My Service Books And Everything I Needed To Do And I Got Everything For Boost Working On My 8350i Exept The Web?? It Only Works When Im In A Wireless Service Area And It Picks It Up But Is There A Way To Be Able To Get It Anywhere Im At??
    Did you change your browser from Hotspot Browser to Browser?
    08-13-09 01:28 PM
    thats the same problem im getting wenever i try to call someone...
    any ideas how to fix it? i tried doing what u said earlier, but my phone didnt have those options to click on my phone :/

ok so i got it figured out
    i learned how to to get the to smart dialing option,
    it worked out Thnx!!
    How did you get it to work? Because I did the smart dialing thing with the same results.
    08-13-09 01:51 PM
    Just tried, both links work.
    yea i should have specified, sorry. i was able to dowload the zip file to my pc. im new at this. i couldnt open it but now i downloaded winrar and im able to view the file. ill try connecting my bb later to see if i can make it work.
    08-13-09 01:54 PM
    Well did you go to your settings and change the browser from {hot spot browser} to only say {browser}??
    08-13-09 03:59 PM
    Got mine working followed the directions completely and Everythign up and running took a few mins and now im a happy Boostberryier on berrycrack,
    GIMME APPS.me free me apps where loc?
    08-13-09 05:10 PM
    Got mine working followed the directions completely and Everythign up and running took a few mins and now im a happy Boostberryier on berrycrack,
    GIMME APPS.me free me apps where loc?
    Go here on your Blackberry.
    http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    08-13-09 05:23 PM
    U DA MAN
    08-13-09 08:49 PM
    If you remove your SIM you will only lose the ability to send MMS. All you have to do is follow the steps to reload them.

Amy,
    Thanks so much for your contribution to the CB Site. The ability to use the 8350i's rich set of features with Boost Mobile's Unlimited Service is IMHO the best thing going right now.
    Quick question....do you know if the SIM is removed, do all the changes made go away? and also is it possible to back up the changes using BDM and then load it on a different BB and expect it to work?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    08-13-09 10:06 PM

ive tried everything but i cant receive or send any sms on my boostberry
    calls PTT works and internet with opera mini works also but i cant text or receive any txt
    if anyone can help me i will be so thankful to them!
    thanx for reading!
    08-13-09 10:14 PM
    yea my phone is set at browser not hotspot browser thats why im confused?? im not sure where i went wrong or how to get it going?? everything works but that.. n e help would be highly appreciated
    08-13-09 10:16 PM

ive tried everything but i cant receive or send any sms on my boostberry
    calls PTT works and internet with opera mini works also but i cant text or receive any txt
    if anyone can help me i will be so thankful to them!
    thanx for reading!
    the phone does not do SMS....
    08-14-09 05:41 AM
    First try right clicking the file and looking for the option to extract files. Idk, but winzip seems to be a pretty standard program with computers today. If not best bet cnet downloads winzip. Good'luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:09 PM
    when i register my phone it says.. data connection is queued. does that mean i just gotta wait till i have service in my area??
    only opera mini works
    email, mms doesnt work.
    08-14-09 04:05 PM
    ok i followed the instructions and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! but, i can recieve sms, but cant send directly. I have to repy for it to work. is this how it is or is there a solution to that?
    08-14-09 05:50 PM
1,439 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD