03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    ok yall..got my phone cant send text or browser dont work...ok i was reading the instructions..but im dumb with this stuff..i dont even know how to open the zip file..HELP ME PLEASE...thanks
    08-08-09 11:38 PM
    ok yall..got my phone cant send text or browser dont work...ok i was reading the instructions..but im dumb with this stuff..i dont even know how to open the zip file..HELP ME PLEASE...thanks
    You need a program to unzip the file. Search Google for winrar, download and install it. After that you can unzip the file.
    08-09-09 07:19 AM
    Hey everyone. Looking to switch carriers from Verizon/Tmobile/Nextel to Boost using a Nextel BB or Boostberry. After reading posts just needed to know if it's worth it? Asked local Nextel dealer, was informed that the $50 unlimited plan does NOT include unlimited web(real web). So by unlocking BB, will I incur outrageous web charges, or are they just trying to get me to not switch carriers? Sorry if asking q's already answered, but there are days worth of answers on here and time's an issue. Thanks. Kemkid
    08-09-09 08:44 AM
    Hey everyone. Looking to switch carriers from Verizon/Tmobile/Nextel to Boost using a Nextel BB or Boostberry. After reading posts just needed to know if it's worth it? Asked local Nextel dealer, was informed that the $50 unlimited plan does NOT include unlimited web(real web). So by unlocking BB, will I incur outrageous web charges, or are they just trying to get me to not switch carriers? Sorry if asking q's already answered, but there are days worth of answers on here and time's an issue. Thanks. Kemkid
    I don't know about Nextel, but a Blackberry on IDEN unlimited is true unlimited web. There are no additional charges. I have an 8350i that has unlimited talk, text, internet, picturemail, and ptt.

Some people have Blackberries on the Boost Mobile CDMA unlimited side. How well they work I don't know.
    08-09-09 09:09 AM
    ok..thanks..i dont know if i did this right..buti downloaded winrar..i have the file in there..i open but it looks weird..it has stuff i can read and then looks foreign to me..thanks
    08-09-09 11:44 AM
    well yall i did it..didnt think i can do but the step was easy..im getting text messages now..i now just have a problem with my email thingy..thanks yall
    08-09-09 12:46 PM
    amy i love that fact taht u update your thread from time 2 time!
    that helps~!
    08-09-09 05:49 PM
    can this work if you have a nextel account without a data plan?
    08-09-09 07:22 PM
    wow this is confusing XD is this easy to do for a slightly techy person? cause the only reason i would go on boost mobile is if i can get that blackberry to work, do yall think its worth me getting the blackberry and trying to activate it on boost? if so let me kno!
    08-09-09 10:51 PM
    wow this is confusing XD is this easy to do for a slightly techy person? cause the only reason i would go on boost mobile is if i can get that blackberry to work, do yall think its worth me getting the blackberry and trying to activate it on boost? if so let me kno!
    yes yes yes it is..my phone bill is way cheap now..i thought i couldnt do this..but its not as hard as it look..people on here help me out when i was confused..i got it done...had to read alot and keep checking off what i had done..but it so worth it..but its all up to you..
    08-09-09 11:48 PM
    yes yes yes it is..my phone bill is way cheap now..i thought i couldnt do this..but its not as hard as it look..people on here help me out when i was confused..i got it done...had to read alot and keep checking off what i had done..but it so worth it..but its all up to you..
    o really? awesome! do i need to get a flashed one off ebay or something? or can i start out with just a reg blackberry curve?
    08-10-09 01:31 PM
    I'm having a problem and hoping someone can help! I get all the way to almost the last step, but when I install the new service books I get an error "22 of 23 service books installed" I've tried to do the process over and over and keep getting the same result. If anyone can help, i'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
    08-10-09 02:22 PM
    I finally got my BB to function on boost with this post. I was the 1st in trying to break the barriers down in making the BB function on boost but haven been online since to check back for updates . . thank you all you have worked tirelessly to make this possible and thank you Amy for posting this in such a time and deep economic recession has everyone looking for more affordable ways to feed our families and stay connected to the world.. thank you all @ crackberry forums!! (tear)
    08-10-09 02:34 PM
    [QUOTE=amysharren;2724632]

WE CANNOT SEND ATTACHMENTS VIA EMAIL.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, great, post it, let's make some magic happen. Otherwise, come on guys...

any update on this yet???

Now you should have full use of your BoostBerry! Here are a few additional applications I recommend:[/B]

3.) VyMail (http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/0.8.3...il-0.8.3.5.zip)

a. This is a third-party App for using YouMail. As of right now, you can only download YouMail via the Blackberry Store Application but you wont be able to use that since you dont have BIS/BES. Ive used both and this works just as well.

is this application working? thr second setence says we wont be able to use it since we dont have BIS/BES but than on your last sentence it says you use both and it works well.

BIS/BES can you get an account with boost? or just nextel? or how that works.
    08-10-09 02:53 PM
    You will save A LOT of money if you program the service books yourself. It is not hard. It literally took me less than 10 minutes to have my 8350i up and running on Boost.

Preconverted:
    will cost you around $300

DIY:
    will cost you around $200

Assuming you use buy it now, you will save $100+ if you take the time to do it yourself.
    Last edited by jac1599; 08-10-09 at 11:42 PM. Reason: deleted links
    08-10-09 07:16 PM
    ok enough. this is not a place to sell phones or services. we have a forum for that. i am deleteing all the posts that deal with selling or buying.
    08-10-09 07:32 PM
    Please don't delete the info in the first page.

~Chapo
    08-10-09 10:30 PM
    heeeeelp! i have the 8350i with boost now and i hate it! i freak'N HATE IT. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW TO USE MY YAHOO IM THE REGULAR WAY WHERE IT SHOWS ON MY TOP SCREEN WHEN I HAVE A NEW MESSAGE??
    08-11-09 10:16 AM
    do i need to get a flashed one off ebay or something? or can i start out with just a reg blackberry curve?
    08-11-09 01:26 PM
    Hi Amy, i read your full instructions on how to get the bb8350i to work with boost. I already downloaded the bb DM but when i try opening the zip combiened 3 file that i downloaded to my pc it tells me i cant because it says that to open it windows needs to know the program that created it. any suggestions??

Thank you for your help
    08-11-09 05:32 PM
    No, still not ability to email attachments. If anyone can get a hold of a set of books that includes the attachment service book, let me know and maybe we can work on it further.

Vymail and You mail both work, the applications that is. You can download Youmail from the crackberry.com store (it's free).

However, YouMail will not give Boost customers an account. It works for some of us, but not everyone. BIS/BES is only for Nextel, not Boost, but you don't need it for the app (I just said you can't download via BB's App store).

[QUOTE=dominicanodcora;3303328]

WE CANNOT SEND ATTACHMENTS VIA EMAIL.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, great, post it, let's make some magic happen. Otherwise, come on guys...

any update on this yet???

Now you should have full use of your BoostBerry! Here are a few additional applications I recommend:[/B]

3.) VyMail (http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/0.8.3...il-0.8.3.5.zip)

a. This is a third-party App for using YouMail. As of right now, you can only download YouMail via the Blackberry Store Application but you wont be able to use that since you dont have BIS/BES. Ive used both and this works just as well.

is this application working? thr second setence says we wont be able to use it since we dont have BIS/BES but than on your last sentence it says you use both and it works well.

BIS/BES can you get an account with boost? or just nextel? or how that works.
    08-11-09 06:06 PM
    why do you want to connect through wifi? it connects with the wifi turned off, but if you do want to do that, go to options>advance options>Browser>and change browser to hotbrowser.

You should be able to reply, that's odd.
    I just got my boostberry 8350i working yesterday and it's amazing. Thank you AmySharren and everyone that keeps coming back to the thread.

I only have one issue with the WIFI. When I go through wifi set up it says it can't connect. It says "Reason: Failed to obtain an IP address." I am not sure if this is because the network is password protected, although i did enter the "pre-shared key", or if it's that the BB's IP is messed up. I've tried it with both the browser and hotspot browser, though I guess it might not matter which browser one is using.
    I would really appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Last edited by benjidg; 08-11-09 at 07:59 PM.
    08-11-09 07:56 PM
    if you are using shangmail you actually can send attachments, but there is a trick to it. Your limit is 99k, so if the picture is 90k, then you only have 9k left for for your message, now if you also have the signature on that also uses space. So what i do is resize my picture and then i can send it. but most of the time i just mms the picture, or use shozu, which i have not used in a while.
    Also youmail does now offer accounts for boostmobile users.
    Last edited by Samiyr31; 08-12-09 at 09:03 PM. Reason: adding some info
    08-11-09 08:51 PM
    This is awesome! Thanks!
    08-12-09 02:09 AM
    I had someone mod my BlackBerry 8350i for Boost Mobile but he told me that if I take out my battery or turn off the phone the phone will revert to default status and stop working. Is this true? I am not sure if he used the instructions within this thread, so my next question is - will using this instructions within this thread work even after I remove the battery or turn off the phone? Thanks and sorry about the convulated question
    Iboro
    PS: I am new on this forum so if I violate any rules pls tell me gently
    08-12-09 02:16 PM
1,439 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD