03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    then you are installing it wrong... or you are trying to get something to work that does not work on boost... what problem are you having exactly?
    i did step for step everything posted about 20 times and no internet or wifi.

how do you know if your phone is unlocked? i use boost unlimited & can't connect to internet or wifi or send or receive texting. i did everything c/b posted and no luck. i can't even register my imei # with boost any ideas?

why is it necessary to reg imei? can i skip this since they won't take it and still get on the net? i called them and as soon as they enter the # they said it's a bb and they don't support it and won't change my imei#.

shouldn't i be able to connect to my at & t home network (2wire 3800hgv-b router)? i can't even do that.
    any help would be greatly appreciated. i did get several sms text msg a day late after installing sb's from ebay but that only work once after i pulled the battery.

can you email me a copy of your sb's? pls!
    Last edited by booostberry beau; 08-02-09 at 05:12 PM.
    08-02-09 05:05 PM
    will someone please email me the books or a link, thanks
    me to! only if you got everything working pls! (nextel 8350i) the combined one's posted here didn't work on my phone
    08-02-09 05:08 PM
    Dear,
    Amysharren.......

ok so i just got my 8350i. My sim is originally from boost. I was in the process of going through the steps when my BB stoped working and the light just blinked red.

I did more research how to fix it, it tok me forever to finally get it to turn back on. Im fed up, lol. I found a store that says that they will do it for $45. But after reading all the threads i realized that your an expert. So i guess my question is...

Can I just send you my phone along with $50 so you can properly do it all for me? haha.

Haha sure. But I can also just walk you through it. My screen name is Amysharren on most of the popular chat clients. Hit me up and I'll take you through it step by step.
    08-02-09 05:41 PM
    me to! only if you got everything working pls! (nextel 8350i) the combined one's posted here didn't work on my phone

I can assure you all that the Service Books posted on the how-to of this thread do work. If they "didn't work on your phone," that means you are doing something wrong.

Many of us here can help you if you tell us specifically what's not working. In order to use the browser, you MUST hit alt+SBEB while in the Service Books menu BEFORE doing the SB transfer, otherwise it won't work. Just follow the how-to STEP BY STEP and make sure you READ VERY CAREFULLY.

If you are having issues with MMS, please try to use your SIM in Boost approved phone. If you are still unable to send/receive, you need to call Boost and they will help you on that phone, then you can pop your SIM back in.

As far as Wi-Fi, you have to turn Wi-Fi on, and then set it up for your network.
    08-02-09 05:49 PM
    dat was my old phone
    08-02-09 06:08 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but I have a unique issue, I think it's unique anyway. My phone won't update on Boost's website to the imei, blah blah, I know all that. I just emailed the guy I got it from today and see if he can call Nextel and have the imei released so I can do that, that might fix it. I get very inconsistent texting, sometimes they come in, sometimes they don't. Now, my imei still shows the old blackberry 7520 I had, like I said, can't change it yet. Should I still be having the texting issue? Stuck the card back in the old phone and it seemed ok. Hoping I can get ahold of someone who can hook me up on this imei thing, called Boost and even though the guy on the phone was the best customer service rep I've ever spoken to, couldn't do anything, but he did at least TRY.
    Just curious if upgrading the imei from one blackberry model to the other will make that much of a difference.
    Josh
    08-02-09 08:34 PM
    Amysharren,

I used your instructions on the new 8350i I got last week. Everything worked the first time through. Thanks.
    08-03-09 12:45 PM
    THANKS 2 ALL ME READING THIS INFO I WAS ABLE TO TURN MY BB7100i INTO A BOOSTBERRY IM ABLE TO TEXT AND BROWSE THE WEB THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN REAL HELPFUL I WILL PASS IT ON THANK U
    08-03-09 03:26 PM
    thankkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuu so MUCHHHHHHHHHHHH
    08-03-09 04:22 PM
    Ok, new question, found this on another forum. I guess the gateway address for boost texting changed to http: //mm.myboostmobile.com/, not through sprint or nextel. Is there any way to update the service book to reflect that? That may help a lot of us who are having issues.
    08-03-09 07:01 PM
    i had the same issues as some of you(no text or data) while trying amy's how to and i finally got it to work when by chance i scrolled down on the page and noticed another download link for the combined zip. after downloading that one i tried and got it to work first try. so give it a try it might work.

ps.
    thanks amy
    08-03-09 10:11 PM
    ok first off id like to thank everyone on here for the effort to help us crack our BB. i installed everything and went step by step, everything works except i cant receiv etext messages can i get some help. boost wont register my imei on their site
    08-03-09 11:01 PM
    It was almost like the phone reregistered with Blackberry or something. I got the little hourglass sign for a couple of minutes and when the phone came back, the only thing that worked was the phone (and, of course, the wifi).

What do I need to do?

Is this normal or has it happened to anyone else?
    08-04-09 02:05 PM
    Quick question. I have reloaded the services books several times. Everything is working, except mms. I can take my sim out and text will work in my old phone but i can not get it to work on the 8350.

I can get incoming texts immediately after installing the service books but can not send.

Seems when i do a battery pull some of my service books go missing (like the nextel mms service for one). And i sometimes get the message. no mms service record.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by whoknewbutu; 08-04-09 at 05:34 PM.
    08-04-09 05:23 PM
    This was great! I was able to turn my blackberry into a boostberry in 5 minutes. Everything works! Thank you so much!
    08-04-09 09:27 PM
    ok i dont know if this is gonna help but i wasnt receiving text messages so i tried something. i originally connected a i835 but i noticed to retrieve texts on that phone its a net alert, so i got a imei from a clutch and input it in the boost site. after that i pulled the battery and re registered my bb and now my incoming text seems to be working now
    08-04-09 11:58 PM
    Just an fyi for people having issues with imeis from older phones, KIDD54331 has the right idea, they don't receive "texts" persay, they receive net alerts, which don't come in to the inbox on the blackberry, I just tried that myself with an i530 I acquired, had to set the imei back to my old blackberry to keep getting texts. So yea, if the imei that's in your account settings is for an older nextel phone like that, texting wont work. You might be able to send, but not receive. Also I figured out my texting issues, it's not my issue at all, it's a network issue. Seems a lot of people are missing texts, even with clutches or i9s, so now I don't feel so bad. Like 50 people on their facebook page have complained about it, supposedly they're working on it, but I dunno. So A LOT of the texting issues are network specific, not phone specific. Mine works except for the inconsistent texting.
    08-05-09 01:46 AM
    glad i could help
    08-05-09 02:21 AM
    Instructions worked great. Everything is working on my 8350i. Thanks!
    08-05-09 04:26 AM
    Well somehow i get up this morning and i can send and receive texts, but no mms. When i get sent a picture its says my phone can not display it so it was removed...
    08-05-09 12:22 PM
    Well somehow i get up this morning and i can send and receive texts, but no mms. When i get sent a picture its says my phone can not display it so it was removed...
    This started happening to me yesterday. I cant send or receive my MMS messages from my BOOSTBERRY 8350i. Anyone have a solution ????
    08-05-09 08:32 PM
    A lot of the issues are network related on the texting, follow the tutorial perfectly and you'll be set, mine works great, just inconsistent texting because of the network.
    08-05-09 10:23 PM
    ok, all this sounds really good, but after trying all your steps I still cant get mine to work!! what am I doing wrong???!!!!!
    08-08-09 01:03 PM
    This started happening to me yesterday. I cant send or receive my MMS messages from my BOOSTBERRY 8350i. Anyone have a solution ????

I had to reload the service books all over. After reloading the service books the MMS worked 100%
    08-08-09 03:35 PM
    ok, all this sounds really good, but after trying all your steps I still cant get mine to work!! what am I doing wrong???!!!!!
    I had to try to get my 8350i working twice. After the first time I tried something that cinched it for me. 1. I printed out the instructions. 2. I reread the instructions. 3. I checked off each step as I performed it. 4. I did a soft reset, and it worked. It pays off to be somewhat methodical when going through the steps, it made things easier for me, maybe for you also.
    08-08-09 04:03 PM
1,439 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD