03-27-12 09:45 PM
1,439 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I got the youmail app workin, i just had to change my forwarding number, and now it works.
    Youmail app rocks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 12:39 AM
    I Cant Change The Hot Spot To Broswer...it Doesnt Give Me No Other Choice... Did I Do Something Wrong???
    07-25-09 12:59 PM
    Worked perfect and loving my 8350i
    07-25-09 04:22 PM
    Got all working..... Thanks
    07-25-09 05:48 PM
    I Cant Change The Hot Spot To Broswer...it Doesnt Give Me No Other Choice... Did I Do Something Wrong???
    Press the space bar, if not, then you need to reinstall the combined3.zip service books files.
    07-26-09 01:56 AM
    Hi there..Does some know hot to install SHANGMAIL on my phone...trying to do it tru my DM ,but it doesnt support the files...thanks
    07-26-09 02:26 PM
    Does anyway one know how to shut off or disable the blackberry registration exceptance. It seems that every time the phone is shut off via battery removal the service books get messed up and lose MMS .
    07-26-09 03:22 PM
    First I wanna say great info, I'm really taking it all in. I'm currently in the process of deciding if I want to switch over to Boost, I've been out of a contract with Nextel for 2 years and if this doesn't work for whatever reason I now have to sign a new contract .

But reading this info made me curious about what's currently on my phone right now. I don't have a data package but I obviously have the wifi ability owning a 8350i. Seeing all these service book references made me check mine and I currently only have two, Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser and Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport.

I'm not sure what service books were originally on the phone when I got it, boss gave it to me, but I know there was a mms icon and now its gone. Does this have something to do with the SB's? If so should I upload some of the SB's from the forum or are these strictly for the boostberry?

I'm trying to make the most of my blackberry without a data plan, I know.... what's the point. But in all fairness the phone is a complete upgrade from my i836. Any info is appreciated. I currently can use the web via wifi and apps like google maps and slacker. Also, any suggestions on apps to try given my situation would be appreciated. I find I'm getting more and more addicted and may just try the boost idea .
    07-26-09 07:20 PM
    First I wanna say great info, I'm really taking it all in. I'm currently in the process of deciding if I want to switch over to Boost, I've been out of a contract with Nextel for 2 years and if this doesn't work for whatever reason I now have to sign a new contract .

But reading this info made me curious about what's currently on my phone right now. I don't have a data package but I obviously have the wifi ability owning a 8350i. Seeing all these service book references made me check mine and I currently only have two, Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser and Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport.

I'm not sure what service books were originally on the phone when I got it, boss gave it to me, but I know there was a mms icon and now its gone. Does this have something to do with the SB's? If so should I upload some of the SB's from the forum or are these strictly for the boostberry?

I'm trying to make the most of my blackberry without a data plan, I know.... what's the point. But in all fairness the phone is a complete upgrade from my i836. Any info is appreciated. I currently can use the web via wifi and apps like google maps and slacker. Also, any suggestions on apps to try given my situation would be appreciated. I find I'm getting more and more addicted and may just try the boost idea .
    I would say go ahead and change over to boost you would not loose anything that you currently do with your phone but would gain the MMS feature and anything else you may want. The answer to your question is yes the SB is the reason you dont have mms now with nextel and I dont know for sure if just adding the boost sb file would fix that for you on nextel but it would definatly fix it for you on boost
    07-27-09 04:15 AM
    I am having a problem with text can send em, and they get em, just dont get em back. ??????? any help?
    07-27-09 11:54 AM
    how do i download apps
    07-27-09 03:43 PM
    please help mmmmeeee
    07-27-09 03:46 PM
    i need help pleaseeee
    07-27-09 03:59 PM
    please help mmmmeeee
    Open your BB browser and type this link in.

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Try downloading them with a steady wifi connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cyblitz; 07-27-09 at 04:04 PM.
    07-27-09 04:00 PM
    Hey Thanks For The Steps :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    07-27-09 05:36 PM
    So I'm really thinking about changing over to boost now but I have a couple of questions first. I've read that some people can't use apps after the switch because they didn't set them up before the switch. What, if any, apps are these and should I worry about it?

Also, I'm going to port my number over from NEXTEL, should I worry about the $50 unlimited not being offered in the near future? I'm currently month by month with NEXTEL because my two years are way over and don't want to have to sign a new contract with somebody again.

Another question, sorry I have a lot, I want to clear everything up before the switch. I know I can't use bbmessenger or pin but everything else works right? I plan on following the tutorial but want to double check, I really want to push my email, browse the web, and take advantage of a couple other apps as well. I don't want to use shangmail either, are there other options?

Anything else you think I should know I would greatly appreciate it.
    07-27-09 06:03 PM
    First thing is that you won't be able to port your number from Nextel to Boost...it isn't allowed. The policy is/was that numbers from Sprint, Nextel, or the CDMA side of Boost could not be ported.

There are work-arounds, but you can't port directly from NXTL...

(port out to Metro/Cricket/Virgin/Tmo, then port back in to Boost)

costs a little extra, but if you are married to your number, it will be worthg it
    07-27-09 07:42 PM
    I REINSTALL IT.. BUT WHEN I PUT MY SIM CARD IN IT, IT WONT GIVE ME THAT OPTION... GRRRR....
    07-27-09 07:54 PM
    First thing is that you won't be able to port your number from Nextel to Boost...it isn't allowed. The policy is/was that numbers from Sprint, Nextel, or the CDMA side of Boost could not be ported.

There are work-arounds, but you can't port directly from NXTL...

(port out to Metro/Cricket/Virgin/Tmo, then port back in to Boost)

costs a little extra, but if you are married to your number, it will be worthg it
    I called boost tonight before I saw your post because I am married to my number and the lady told me it wouldn't be a problem. The rep I spoke with even was going to allow me to just use a boost sim in my i836, I didn't mention the blackberry. So this doesn't seem like a problem for me, I just want to cover all grounds before I make the switch.
    07-27-09 08:11 PM
    I REINSTALL IT.. BUT WHEN I PUT MY SIM CARD IN IT, IT WONT GIVE ME THAT OPTION... GRRRR....
    If by pressing the "space bar" you don't see the option, very likely you are not installing it right...first of all are your doing the ALT SBEB combo? and sencond of all, make sure you are deleting all Service Books from your phone before you intall the combined3.zip service books files, also, make sure you have zero records, if after clearing your service books using the "clear" option in your Desktop Manager you still see records, then manually delete all. That should work.
    07-27-09 08:14 PM
    thankz u it work well
    07-28-09 08:50 AM
    I did the flash, and it worked great! Everything works except apps! All the downloaded app i have no longer work. I tried deleating them all the re-downloading them, and nothing. Anyone else having this problem? All that works is shang mail, i need to know is there some trick to this, Please HELP! I cant figure this out, it gives me a conneaction error, as if there were no internet, but i have internet? Weird....
    07-28-09 10:02 AM
    Quick question in regards to the Wi-Fi...I did the service book update on a brand new sealed 8350i and was completely operational in minutes, including data through the native browser...that was until I decided to try out the Wi-Fi (which worked great)...even after turning the Wi-Fi off, when I tried to access anything through the native browser it would give me an error along the lines of "That is a wi-fi operation" and would not connect. Opera Mini worked as normal through phone data. I reinstalled the service books and got the data back, but upon using wi-fi same thing happened. Does anyone know what I am overlooking? Thanks for your help and all the work you guys have done to allow us to do this!
    07-28-09 11:11 AM
    what metro SBs tho?
    I should go change that. It must have originally been copied from a MetroPCS forum. When it says "Metro SBs," just replace that with whichever set of books you want to use, probably combine3.
    07-28-09 11:26 AM
    i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this, by sending one to yourself. If you are able to send, but not receive, make sure your phone is updated with the correct IMEI on Boost's "My Account" area and that you have disabled text forwarding. It might also be a good idea to put your SIM in a different phone and make sure your number is receiving texts.

where can you find text forwarding?
    If you don't know about text forwarding, then you don't have to worry about it. Several months ago before we had these service books, most of us had made a sprint.com account and set our texts to forward to our email so we could at least receive them. So if you never set that up, don't worry about it. If you're having issues, try putting your SIM in a Boost approved phone and if it still doesn't work, call Boost and get them to help you on the Boost approved phone.
    07-28-09 11:30 AM
1,439 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD