03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Oh, I also found this and meant to share it with the group (taken from: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - BoostBerry How-To...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working

Steps (Mashing together SBs):

1. Load up what ever SB set you want to take certain features from.
    2. Delete (on the BB) the ones from that set that you DO NOT want, and leave all the ones you DO want.
    3. Delete ONE of the SB entries that you DO want...and UNdelete it. This will leave you with ONLY the ones you want from that set.
    4. Save them back to your computer from the BB.
    5. Open up your newly edited SB with XVI32 (or your favorite hex editor)
    6. Open up the Metro SBs with XVI32 (or your favorite hex editor)
    7. Copy EVERYthing AFTER the "k" in the word "Book" from the beginning of the Metro SB.
    8. Paste it to the BOTTOM of the SB you modified and saved. You'll write over the last byte (which is what you NEED to do).
    9. Save as whatever.ipd
    10. Close your hex editors
    11. Restore your "whatever.ipd" to your BB
    07-20-09 11:05 PM
    How do we know which SBs we want?

All I care about having are the necessities. My boostberry 8350i works well in all respects (gmail email is great) except that my text messages either come in very, very late or not at all.
    07-21-09 07:51 AM
    This how-to saved my life. I thought I wasn't gonna make it without my BB. Everything worked great. You are the greatest. Thanks a million.
    07-21-09 08:31 AM
    how many service books come on that zip? because i only get 23...and once i move them to the right it says 5? lol so i went ahead and tried it and it didnt work no browser
    Last edited by Victor_; 07-21-09 at 09:14 AM.
    07-21-09 08:58 AM
    EDIT: Aw that was my 100th post!
    ---
    Congrats !! Keep up the good work. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:13 AM
    i deleted my blackberry browser and now i cant text on my 7100i i bought the cd and made it into a boostberry everything was working fine until i deleted the browser how do i get the browser back or what do i do to get me back texting again please help
    07-21-09 12:31 PM
    i deleted my blackberry browser and now i cant text on my 7100i i bought the cd and made it into a boostberry everything was working fine until i deleted the browser how do i get the browser back or what do i do to get me back texting again please help
    Reintall service books.
    07-21-09 02:44 PM
    How do we know which SBs we want?

All I care about having are the necessities. My boostberry 8350i works well in all respects (gmail email is great) except that my text messages either come in very, very late or not at all.

Im having the same problem, I was convinced that everyone was ingoring my texts and then like at 4 in the morning i got like 13 texts all at once!...this is getting very annoyoing. If anyone knows how to fix this...please help!!!
    07-21-09 04:08 PM
    my text messages come thru with only the name, no subj, is this happening to anyone else?
    it seems as my phone is only allowing mms to be send no standard sms!
    Last edited by mrwilmoth; 07-21-09 at 09:06 PM.
    07-21-09 04:16 PM
    what metro SBs tho?

Oh, I also found this and meant to share it with the group (taken from: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - BoostBerry How-To...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working

Steps (Mashing together SBs):

1. Load up what ever SB set you want to take certain features from.
    2. Delete (on the BB) the ones from that set that you DO NOT want, and leave all the ones you DO want.
    3. Delete ONE of the SB entries that you DO want...and UNdelete it. This will leave you with ONLY the ones you want from that set.
    4. Save them back to your computer from the BB.
    5. Open up your newly edited SB with XVI32 (or your favorite hex editor)
    6. Open up the Metro SBs with XVI32 (or your favorite hex editor)
    7. Copy EVERYthing AFTER the "k" in the word "Book" from the beginning of the Metro SB.
    8. Paste it to the BOTTOM of the SB you modified and saved. You'll write over the last byte (which is what you NEED to do).
    9. Save as whatever.ipd
    10. Close your hex editors
    11. Restore your "whatever.ipd" to your BB
    07-21-09 05:59 PM
    The browser fix won't work if the settings aren't erased properly. The way to do that is to go to your options; service books and while you hold down the "alt" key type "sbeb"

Then start the tutorial over. That should do the trick.

EDIT: Aw that was my 100th post!
    You save me a lot of time with your posts! Best of luck on the next 899 posts darlin. Keep up the great work!
    07-21-09 06:01 PM
    ok i can recieve text but it wont let me reply or compose and send mms how do i fix that problem
    07-21-09 06:55 PM
    and by the way i have boostmobile
    07-21-09 06:56 PM
    I saw a post from some 1 talking about the BBM working for them. Can this be true? and does anyone know if the BB Maps has audio?
    07-21-09 09:49 PM
    is there anyway to just send a normal sms message with the 8350i boostberry? it will only allow me to send mms and they come thru without a subj!
    07-22-09 09:10 PM
    I saw a post from some 1 talking about the BBM working for them. Can this be true? and does anyone know if the BB Maps has audio?
    Where did you see this post. post link plzz
    07-22-09 11:35 PM
    BBM will not work on BOOST. BOOST does not offer the BB service so your not going to get BB messenger!!!
    07-23-09 12:01 AM
    i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this, by sending one to yourself. If you are able to send, but not receive, make sure your phone is updated with the correct IMEI on Boost's "My Account" area and that you have disabled text forwarding. It might also be a good idea to put your SIM in a different phone and make sure your number is receiving texts.

where can you find text forwarding?
    07-23-09 04:17 AM
    This is a third-party App for using YouMail. As of right now, you can only download YouMail via the Blackberry Store Application but you wont be able to use that since you dont have BIS/BES. Ive used both and this works just as well.
    Youmail Visual Voicemail Plus is now working for our BoostBerry.
    07-23-09 09:03 AM
    i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this, by sending one to yourself. If you are able to send, but not receive, make sure your phone is updated with the correct IMEI on Boost's "My Account" area and that you have disabled text forwarding. It might also be a good idea to put your SIM in a different phone and make sure your number is receiving texts.

where can you find text forwarding?
    Ignore that, that is no longer necessary, just follow instructions how to install the combined3.zip file so your mms works, and also install shangmail so your emails get pushed.
    07-23-09 09:59 AM
    anyone else using do you have to setup the forwarding, to have it work.
    07-23-09 11:00 PM
    Question: has anyone been able to get the blackberry app store to work??
    im havin the same problem, anyone knows how to fix this?
    07-24-09 11:44 AM
    It says, Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of posibilities at blackberry app world.
    07-24-09 02:40 PM
    thank you verryyyyyy much !!
    07-24-09 02:59 PM
    I got the youmail app workin, i just had to change my forwarding number, and now it works.
    07-24-09 11:52 PM
1,439 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD