03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    i cant unzip the combined3 please help me
    When you right click the file, do you see an extract all option? if you don't you google "WinRar"...download the free trial and install it in your pc, once installed, right clic combined3.zip file and extract it...then just follow the rest of instructions.
    07-18-09 03:56 PM
    alright...after seeing this thread and having a nextel for my work i decided to go and buy a boost for the heck of it, and trying it out on my own....im getting a brand spanking new 8350i on monday...
    07-18-09 10:50 PM
    Thanks first of all for getting me this far. I followed the instructions, got everything working except for text. Called Boost to update the IMEI, thinking that was a the final step for getting texting to work, but not so much.

I can receive, even reply, but cannot start a mms message. Eventually they all turn to "x" instead of the checkmark.

Boost wanted me to do a master reset, and I wasn't able to do that with them over the phone, but did find how to do it on here. But afterwards, when I go to network settings to turn the radio service back on, only nextel is available, is that right? Should it change to Boost at some point?

What do I need to do to get texting working, other than forward texts to email....

Thanks again!
    07-19-09 12:15 PM
    Thanks first of all for getting me this far. I followed the instructions, got everything working except for text. Called Boost to update the IMEI, thinking that was a the final step for getting texting to work, but not so much.

I can receive, even reply, but cannot start a mms message. Eventually they all turn to "x" instead of the checkmark.

Boost wanted me to do a master reset, and I wasn't able to do that with them over the phone, but did find how to do it on here. But afterwards, when I go to network settings to turn the radio service back on, only nextel is available, is that right? Should it change to Boost at some point?

What do I need to do to get texting working, other than forward texts to email....

Thanks again!
    ===
    Try these:
    Do a five minute-battery pull.
    See if it fixes it. If not try this..

Go to > Options > Advance Options > Default Services>
    Check to see if it says : Messaging (CMIME): Desktop
    Click it, if you see another option to like Emai [CMIME]
    Go to Service Books and delete Email [CMIME]
    reset your BB and wait for about 20 or 30 mintes or so.

To delete Email [CMIME] go to > Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and look for Email [CMIME]
    You might as well delete " IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]. ( It's for BBmaps fix. )
    07-19-09 01:14 PM
    i have one question before i do this tomorrow do i update the boost account with the 8350i imei number? or just leave the imei number of the boost phone that i got the sim card with...i read that you cant used the 8350i imei because of boost only being able to start with 00 instead of 01 to input the imei number....
    07-19-09 06:58 PM
    i have one question before i do this tomorrow do i update the boost account with the 8350i imei number? or just leave the imei number of the boost phone that i got the sim card with...i read that you cant used the 8350i imei because of boost only being able to start with 00 instead of 01 to input the imei number....
    Mine it's not registered with boost and it works pretty nice...so I don't think it's necessary to do that.
    07-19-09 07:17 PM
    cool...i hope i get it on the first try...
    07-19-09 11:17 PM
    Thanks for helping me turn my Blackberry 8350i into a Boostberry 8350i for FREE! While others are so hungry that they have to sell this information.

Can you give me instructions on how exactly I would be able to use the SMS Feature. Again, many thanks! GOd Bless!
    07-20-09 12:47 AM
    Thanks for helping me turn my Blackberry 8350i into a Boostberry 8350i for FREE! While others are so hungry that they have to sell this information.

Can you give me instructions on how exactly I would be able to use the SMS Feature. Again, many thanks! GOd Bless!
    sms? 8350i does not sms...it mms. If you have already installed the combined3, your phone should mms, if it does not, you will have to try the installing process again.
    07-20-09 01:38 AM
    I first want to thank everyone involved in this project I just updated my 8350i to boost and all went just as described the only issue that i have is the mail has to go through the messages ikon is there a way to get a separate mail ikon that does not mix the mail with the phone and direct connect messages?
    07-20-09 09:16 AM
    I first want to thank everyone involved in this project I just updated my 8350i to boost and all went just as described the only issue that i have is the mail has to go through the messages ikon is there a way to get a separate mail ikon that does not mix the mail with the phone and direct connect messages?

yea we have been dealing with that issue, direct connects and emails go to the same messages folder.
    07-20-09 09:29 AM
    have you guys tried changing your call logging?

green call button
    menu
    options
    call logging.....

set to none
    07-20-09 11:07 AM
    can i get aim and yahoo instant messager on my 8350i boostberry
    07-20-09 11:29 AM
    can any one help
    07-20-09 11:54 AM
    have you guys tried changing your call logging?

green call button
    menu
    options
    call logging.....

set to none
    Thats a good idea but then creates a new problem if you want to see what calls were received or made. But I thank you for the idea it may help someone
    07-20-09 11:57 AM
    can i get aim and yahoo instant messager on my 8350i boostberry
    ===
    We can't use the ( msn, yahoo ie.) Messengers from RIM.

==
    We can tho, use our yahoo, aol, msn ect. accounts to a third party Messengers such as Instango, Palringo and personally i am using beejiveIM. I bought the license for it, works real good. it's worth it.
    07-20-09 12:04 PM
    Thats a good idea but then creates a new problem if you want to see what calls were received or made. But I thank you for the idea it may help someone
    it still logs all your calls. when you hit the green call button they are listed there
    07-20-09 12:26 PM
    it still logs all your calls. when you hit the green call button they are listed there

Ok Ill give it a try thanks
    07-20-09 12:33 PM
    Question: has anyone been able to get the blackberry app store to work??
    07-20-09 02:41 PM
    nope i tried messing with it for a bit but gave up.
    07-20-09 04:15 PM
    i have not tried it but if it asks for a pin, it wont work.... the pin goes through the RIM servers and well.... boost does not sorry. untill boost offers this or any other BB your outta luck
    07-20-09 05:50 PM
    followed the instructions, now it works great!
    07-20-09 06:32 PM
    Is this the same procedure if I want to use it on Nextel without a blackberry plan? I've noticed some features missing. Are there different service books for Nextel WAP or is it the same?
    07-20-09 06:56 PM
    yes it would be... and yes there are features missing, you cant use all the features if your not paying for them. some of them go through RIM servers and since your not on the BB plane your not going to have access to the servers
    07-20-09 07:30 PM
    Can someone expain where I should start.another thing I wanna know,I have a nextel sim here should that help.I downloaded the service books with the nextel sim but nothing works with the boost sim.
    The browser fix won't work if the settings aren't erased properly. The way to do that is to go to your options; service books and while you hold down the "alt" key type "sbeb"

Then start the tutorial over. That should do the trick.

EDIT: Aw that was my 100th post!
    Last edited by amysharren; 07-20-09 at 10:58 PM.
    07-20-09 10:53 PM
1,439 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD