03-27-12 10:45 PM
1,439 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    i will do so, thanks for the reference
    07-15-09 12:14 AM
    Hey does anybody have a suggestion on using Threaded SMS i tried using Third Party Applications i had no luck. I guess it wont let you use anything else accept default mms program
    07-15-09 12:24 AM
    Everything was working well for a few weeks then suddenly I was unable to receive text messages. My browser works, and I can send texts but I cannot receive. Can anyone give me some info to fix? thx

I guess it was just the boost service because its working now. I really cant complain though; I mean how much can one expect for just $50 a month! You get what you pay for...
    Last edited by mrbell845; 07-15-09 at 07:16 AM. Reason: fixed on its own
    07-15-09 06:55 AM
    Everything was working well for a few weeks then suddenly I was unable to receive text messages. My browser works, and I can send texts but I cannot receive. Can anyone give me some info to fix? thx

I guess it was just the boost service because its working now. I really cant complain though; I mean how much can one expect for just $50 a month! You get what you pay for...
    Are you able to receive in a boost phone? if not call boost tech support, they will fix it for you, do not tell them you are using your blackberry they will not help you, you have to call them using a boost phone, once is fixed, you put back your sim card in your 8350i...that's how I fixed that very same problem.
    07-15-09 09:25 AM
    anybody having problems with their gps, it will not find the satellites on mine, am i doing something wrong, everthing else works great. thanks to all those who worked on this project.
    07-15-09 12:10 PM
    anybody having problems with their gps, it will not find the satellites on mine, am i doing something wrong, everthing else works great. thanks to all those who worked on this project.
    Have you done this?...Options>Advanced options>service books>scroll down to "IPPP For 5 Click [IPPP]" and delete it.
    07-15-09 02:07 PM
    So... everything was working on my phone except that I was unable to receive text messages.

I took out my SIM card and put it in my other phone to make sure it was able to receive text messages. It was.

Problem is... when I put the SIM card back in the phone and turned it back on, I lost my internet connection and the ability to send text messages. Strange thing is that I can now receive text messages. Phone still works.

When I try to type a text messages, it says NO MMS SERVICE RECORD, you will only be able to save a draft.

Is there anything I can do to restore internet and the ability to send texts other than redoing everything on the first page of this thread?

Thanks in advance.

Update: I re-did everything on the front page and now everything works fine. I suggest not removing your SIM card unless you are ready to redo the flash, but you all probably knew that.
    Last edited by joebeenimble; 07-16-09 at 08:52 AM. Reason: update
    07-15-09 08:15 PM
    By using the Sb's and following Amy's delightful tutorial. Everything works as of now, my mms's, my browser, I have yet to try the email via Shangmail (i'm posting as I am on working on my BB), but if my browser works, I can check my email thru there. I did run into problems late last night, when I updated my IMEI number on Boost.com, It was horrible, resulting and me loosing all my service books on my device, even my blacktop desktop manager was discoblated and confused, I will attempt to write the 23 service books on my device but only 5 will show, what a headache, UGH!..... So I opted to try the next day, and wipe my device, and put my IMEI back to the Initial one(not the bb another model) And from there I started Amy's tutorial again and everything worked splendid. Thanks for everyone who help on this project. I will presistently update....
    Does StickerBlitz imply one has to use a boostmobile phone's IMEI# to activate a sim card, then insert that sim card into the 8350i BB? If so, can the IMEI# from the boostmobile phone(not the BB) be used again to activate another sim card? I'm boggled and just don't want to find out for myself in fear of many, many migraines! Thanks
    07-15-09 08:57 PM
    ok so what's the latest with BB messenger? Can anyone tell me of a better email program than shangmail? and does the BB maps really work as a navigation? cuz all i see is maps with my current location. but how do i set it up for the voice to start directing me where to go?
    07-15-09 09:21 PM
    What's crackin,

No beaten around the bush here....which 8350i OS, Desktop Manager, or any other applications works best with this BB tutorial? Are there any other compatibility issues related to this tutorial that should not be overlooked?

Oh yeah, if I screw up, following the tutorial, how do I start over? Do I need to erase/wipe my service books or BB to start all over again from step #1?

Thank you for this informative thread and kick *** site!
    Last edited by chubbz8it; 07-16-09 at 02:45 PM.
    07-16-09 02:32 PM
    hi i read you instructions and i have already installed the sevice books and everything works just fine, except i cannot make any outgoing calls. people can call my phone, but my phone cant call anyone else. i checkd the IMEI number and its updated and everything. i was able to make calls before, and all of sudden now i cant please help
    07-16-09 06:29 PM
    You have to set country code to "unknown"

Go to phone
    Press the menu button and click "options"
    scroll down and "click smart Dialing
    Then change country code to "unknown"
    and click save.

hi i read you instructions and i have already installed the sevice books and everything works just fine, except i cannot make any outgoing calls. people can call my phone, but my phone cant call anyone else. i checkd the IMEI number and its updated and everything. i was able to make calls before, and all of sudden now i cant please help
    07-16-09 06:46 PM
    Has anyone been able to the Google Voice app to make outgoing calls. I'm getting the error " The number or code dialed is incorrect"
    07-16-09 06:48 PM
    Can the BB Tour or the 8900 be used for boostmobile?
    07-16-09 09:41 PM
    nope..... need to be an iden phone
    07-16-09 09:43 PM
    Have you done this?...Options>Advanced options>service books>scroll down to "IPPP For 5 Click [IPPP]" and delete it.
    Yes i tried the steps as you posted them but still no luck, any other suggestions are appreciated. thanks
    07-16-09 10:50 PM
    Has anyone been able to the Google Voice app to make outgoing calls. I'm getting the error " The number or code dialed is incorrect"
    thats the same problem im getting wenever i try to call someone...
    any ideas how to fix it? i tried doing what u said earlier, but my phone didnt have those options to click on my phone :/

ok so i got it figured out
    i learned how to to get the to smart dialing option,
    it worked out Thnx!!
    Last edited by spico001; 07-16-09 at 11:30 PM.
    07-16-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks u r a berry berry smart woman.
    07-17-09 12:38 AM
    I havent been able to load this application correctly as well.
    07-17-09 12:40 PM
    It works!! :-) Actually have a 7520 and was having one heck of a time getting the combined service books file to load (with a little bit different directions). Followed your instructions and just finished up. Even though I have a 7520, should I still go to Sprint and Nextel to register for email? (Now that's a great workaround!

Now have to completely wipe a 7520 for Boost...where are the best/most complete instructions for that?

Thanks again,

Tiasmom01
    Last edited by tiasmom01; 07-17-09 at 05:54 PM. Reason: add siggy
    07-17-09 05:53 PM
    i just read every single page and no browser.im stuck on the part where it says change to browser from hotspot.its stuck on hotspot.i hit every button and i cant change it to browser.let me know what to do please
    07-18-09 04:46 AM
    i just read every single page and no browser.im stuck on the part where it says change to browser from hotspot.its stuck on hotspot.i hit every button and i cant change it to browser.let me know what to do please
    If you hit the "space" button does not change? if so, you have redo the steps again.
    07-18-09 05:02 AM
    Does StickerBlitz imply one has to use a boostmobile phone's IMEI# to activate a sim card, then insert that sim card into the 8350i BB? If so, can the IMEI# from the boostmobile phone(not the BB) be used again to activate another sim card? I'm boggled and just don't want to find out for myself in fear of many, many migraines! Thanks

Hey Chubbz,

No I WASN"T talking about changing the IMEI will mess up the sim card, no idea if it would. I was implying that it can mess up your service books, well I don't know if It happened to other people, but it did for me. But what I did was load up all the service books on my phone first, and I read in...Amy's delightful tutorial were she suggested to update our IMEI number, to have your MMS working properly, but I didn't send a text first which I should have.

So yeah I updated the original IMEI number(boost flip phone can't recall which model) to my Blackberry IMEI and from there, my day when down hill, everything that was working, stop working.

I check my SERVICE BOOKS on my device and only 7 or so were there. I went to my desktop manager and only 5 were there. So I just resetted everything and started completely over. Hope this helps...
    Last edited by StickerBlitz; 07-18-09 at 10:29 AM.
    07-18-09 10:26 AM
    If you hit the "space" button does not change? if so, you have redo the steps again.
    Can someone expain where I should start.another thing I wanna know,I have a nextel sim here should that help.I downloaded the service books with the nextel sim but nothing works with the boost sim.
    07-18-09 01:22 PM
    i cant unzip the combined3 please help me
    07-18-09 03:18 PM
1,439 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD