05-22-11 06:33 AM
99 ... 234
tools
    I am probably newer to BlackBerry than most of you, but even I am not that impatient. At this moment I don't even have one anymore (it died). I'm stuck using a dumbphone and I've been eligible for my upgrade for about 2 or 3 years now. I'm willing to wait for a product that will run smoothly. Just relax.

Perhaps some need to vacation away from CrackBerry while this device is still in production. Maybe they'll experience less stress and anxiety over something that has never had an official due date and hopefully will relax.
    Lets not pretend like RIM didn't bring it on themselves. They hold this yearly event, their biggest one for sure. They go out of their way to ONLY announce ONE phone and make that the showcase of the show in terms of mobile devices. When you go out of your way to put so much focus on something you better realize there are expectations that come with that and sorry to say it but releasing 3-4 months after making such a big deal of it is pretty ridiculous.

It's almost a running joke how they can't seem to do anything right these days. With that said I still think it looks good and do anticipate it as do many others, but it's not unfair for people to be upset at the fact that it could be getting a mid august release at the earliest (once again, if this is indeed true). I'm not saying you have to be mad at them, some people are cool with it but it's totally understandable if you are mad and aren't cool with the prospect of that.
    Last edited by dooodads; 05-08-11 at 03:54 PM.
    05-08-11 03:51 PM
    Except for the fact that they've been spot on when it comes to everything blackberry for the last few months, unless I'm forgetting something. But I hope they are wrong on this one though to be fair they said it's an UNCONFIRMED rumour. So hopefully that is indeed all it is.
    05-09-11 12:37 PM
    On the flip side, announcing it right before release date would result in angry people who just purchased a different device because they didn't know what was coming down the pipe. Consumers like to be informed ahead of time.
    No, geeks like us like to be informed ahead of time, **** even the rep at my carrier store didnt know a few months ago that the PB was coming...
    05-09-11 02:51 PM
    I just got an email about the new bold... plus I just found this:

"Availability
    The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer."
    BlackBerry - Press Releases

it was put up on May 2nd.... august is the end of summer.. so hopefully "this summer" means june or july!
    05-09-11 03:06 PM
    I hope it's not true! It is critical that the 9900 releases as soon as June. Latest July.
    05-09-11 04:23 PM
    I hope it's not August. Ugh!
    StephE likes this.
    05-09-11 04:27 PM
    looking forwards to their new models
    05-09-11 07:22 PM
    Honestly, with QNX still being very infantile in it's level of maturity, I
    QNX was initially released in 1982. The multi-platform QNX Neutrino was released in 2001.
    05-10-11 11:21 AM
    QNX was initially released in 1982. The multi-platform QNX Neutrino was released in 2001.
    How long has this version of QNX been on a tablet or phone? It is very immature right now, hence all of the updates bringing better function.
    05-10-11 12:18 PM
    Still don't think this unconfirmed rumor will hold true...way too may signs that the big 4 in the US will get the Bold 9900/9930 out end of June...the Bold 9900/9930 is such an improved device that ALL major North American carriers can confidently get out and be assured of strong sales...and of course that is the bottom line, SALES! Can this device move off the shelves at a very good pace...and the big 4 know it an and WILL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 02:21 PM
    Still don't think this unconfirmed rumor will hold true...way too may signs that the big 4 in the US will get the Bold 9900/9930 out end of June...the Bold 9900/9930 is such an improved device that ALL major North American carriers can confidently get out and be assured of strong sales...and of course that is the bottom line, SALES! Can this device move off the shelves at a very good pace...and the big 4 know it an and WILL

That's a bold statement. Although I think it's a quality device from a great company, I am waiting to see the sales of this device and the playbook. Once I see those, I'll have a better understanding of what RIM's future is going to look like.
    05-10-11 03:44 PM
    That's a bold statement. Although I think it's a quality device from a great company, I am waiting to see the sales of this device and the playbook. Once I see those, I'll have a better understanding of what RIM's future is going to look like.
    Its been said that the PlayBook sales have exceeded expectations and the Bold line has always sold well. I would put money on very solid sales for both devices.
    05-10-11 04:27 PM
    Its been said that the PlayBook sales have exceeded expectations and the Bold line has always sold well. I would put money on very solid sales for both devices.
    I want to see solid numbers I guess is what I am saying.
    05-10-11 04:39 PM
    That's fridiculous!!!!! They didn't even announce the Monaco @ bbw. I could give to squirts about a 10" pb. Give us some phones ASAP!!!!!!

DUUUUUDE! I know right! Im over all this pb ish! I want a new phone!
    05-10-11 04:57 PM
    if they decide to push all new phones to fall release,then they are going to get murdered with the highly anticipated release of the iphone 5 and other new android devices.if i was in rim's position right now i would have outed at least 1 of their new devices.delaying to october per bgr is total suicide. the playing field is wide open for rim right now.business profit can be made.its time to ansy up and give the people what they want.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    05-10-11 09:09 PM
    You know, in a thread not too long ago, I was FLAMED for saying the new RIM devices would come on later rather than sooner. Everyone choose to believe in what they wanted to believe in and not look back at RIM history.

This optimistic thinking makes you feel good until reality come crashing down on you. I want these new devices more than anyone but know it could even be even later than these new dates before they get into our hands. I am hoping for early to middle 4th quarter
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-19-11 at 06:33 AM.
    05-19-11 06:16 AM
    "FLAMED"

u were not flamed for it, we all just thought it'd be released Q3 and thats what the others and i said, nothing else
    05-19-11 06:45 AM
    I always said that the RIM leadership needs to be changed. They live in their little bubble where RIM is still the top dog and will always be. They need to acknowledge the market is changing and the consumers' demands are not the same as they were 5-10 years ago. Blackberry needs to shift their focus from strictly business to a consumer-business hybrid approach and the new Blackberry Balance is a step in the right direction. But they still have a long way to go before getting anywhere near Android and Apple in terms of sales volume and consumer appreciation.
    Change the marketing strategy and beat the drum on the BBM which is a major seller. Also, increase visibility in media (when was the last time you saw a TV commercial for Blackberry) with quality commercials (not like what we saw so far).
    Most important, LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! Make a variety of phones that appeal to different tastes (touchscreen, keyboard) and load them with the same software but design said software in a way that can be customized to suit everyone's needs. Make your phones hip, not only boring boarding-room devices.

There you have it RIM. Hopes it helps!
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-19-11 10:25 AM
    I always said that the RIM leadership needs to be changed. They live in their little bubble where RIM is still the top dog and will always be. They need to acknowledge the market is changing and the consumers' demands are not the same as they were 5-10 years ago. Blackberry needs to shift their focus from strictly business to a consumer-business hybrid approach and the new Blackberry Balance is a step in the right direction. But they still have a long way to go before getting anywhere near Android and Apple in terms of sales volume and consumer appreciation.
    Change the marketing strategy and beat the drum on the BBM which is a major seller. Also, increase visibility in media (when was the last time you saw a TV commercial for Blackberry) with quality commercials (not like what we saw so far).
    Most important, LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! Make a variety of phones that appeal to different tastes (touchscreen, keyboard) and load them with the same software but design said software in a way that can be customized to suit everyone's needs. Make your phones hip, not only boring boarding-room devices.

There you have it RIM. Hopes it helps!
    AMEN! Spoken like a TRUE Sprint Curve 8330 owner Please tell me your Cuve 8330 is red and NOT the Orange INFERNO! lol
    05-19-11 11:01 AM
    I just hope Sprint gets the Bold Touch. I love my Tour but it's time for a change.
    05-21-11 07:25 PM
    I just hope Sprint gets the Bold Touch. I love my Tour but it's time for a change.
    I completely agree with you. It IS time for an uprgrade and this "delayed " stuff is a complete joke. This blackberry should have been out by now.
    05-21-11 07:40 PM
    I completely agree with you. It IS time for an uprgrade and this "delayed " stuff is a complete joke. This blackberry should have been out by now.
    BGR`s sources are normally about as reliable as end of the world predictions
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-21-11 07:55 PM
    BGR`s sources are normally about as reliable as end of the world predictions
    To be fair the leaks on there about hw specs are normally fairly close, presumably it is stuff that has to be finalised a lot sooner so there are more people who know the details that can then leak them, it is the stuff that involves numbers, dates etc. that seem to be far ropier due to them often being more flexible in the first place.
    05-22-11 03:31 AM
    I agree. they don't need to go crazy like the Android ecosystem, but damn....this is getting ridiculous
    05-22-11 06:33 AM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD