05-22-11 06:33 AM
99 1234
tools
    My upgrade isn't until October, I'm happy as long as it's out before then, which I'm pretty certain it will be.
    05-05-11 09:38 AM
    I'm not due for an upgrade until September. As long is it isn't out any later than that ...

I don't care.

Oh yeah ... ditto for QNX in 2012.
    My NE2/upgrade starts today. I have 6 months to use it before it is gone forever. As long as I get the Bold 9930 prior to November 5, I will be happy.

I seriously doubt they'd be holding off releasing the Bold Touch until mid-August, after building this device as it's flagship device...it is very possible that worldwide and local carriers may not see the Bold 9900/9930 until mid-August, but with Sprint just sending out a mail ad having BOTH Curve 3G and the Style for FREE now with 2yr contract or upgrade, seems to me they're clearing the decks for the new Bold Touch 9930 for $199.00 and if you see the Bold 9650 for $99.00 anytime soon, then that will be a REALLY good sign the Bold 9930 will be coming early summer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can get a Bold 9650 online from Verizon for $99 right now. It's been that way for a while. And I think I have seen it in stores for that price, or possibly less.

Also, I am one of those guys who does keep the phone for the 2 years, in almost every case. Thus, in the grand scheme of things, if this phone were to come out in August instead of June, it wouldn't really matter to me.
    Last edited by jlb21; 05-05-11 at 10:28 AM.
    05-05-11 10:25 AM
    Looks like the 9900 hardware is ready and it is waiting for certification. It will come out as soon as the certification is done. Make no sense that RIM would delay this in the slightest.

RIM lost the 3G smart phone competition to Apple. 4G is a new round. RIM might even have a chance to come out ahead of 4G iPhone!!! That reason alone, RIM is busting their behind to get it out.

They only announce ONE new phone, others are put on the back burner...notice that?

Doesn't RIM has thousands of engineers. Picture this there will be enough resources to make two products - 9900 and Playbook.
    05-05-11 10:52 AM
    05-05-11 11:18 AM
    I can't imagine that Vodafone and TMobile would announce this phone with it still being 3+ months away. Makes no sense at all. Plus this was the only phone announced at BB World and looked pretty polished. I think this comes out sooner than later as RIM knows it has to get a phone out asap. Everyone is getting resltess.

05-05-11 01:31 PM
    How can devices with no launch date be delayed anyway?
    I sooo agree
    05-05-11 03:19 PM
    I can't imagine that Vodafone and TMobile would announce this phone with it still being 3+ months away. Makes no sense at all. Plus this was the only phone announced at BB World and looked pretty polished. I think this comes out sooner than later as RIM knows it has to get a phone out asap. Everyone is getting resltess.
    I would expect that the last week involved a lot of ui polishing to ensure this device looked at its best for the show, weaknesses in other areas such as radio performance particularly when mobile would obviously not show up at a show like this, but they obviously couldn't launch these new devices unless it performs at least as well as their previous generation of products so that and carrier acceptance testing will be the deciding factors in any release dates.

Personally, I think this latest BGR date will turn out to be true for some device/carrier combinations as you can be sure that most carriers won't be launching every device at once, but the initial launches for some devices will be earlier than that, either around that end of June date for t-mobile or going into July.

BGR rumours seem to be fairly okay for hardware details, but anything else gets iffier with dates being by far the worst.
    05-05-11 03:27 PM
    They said summer and as far as I'm concerned, September 20th is still technically summer so they didn't lie.
    05-05-11 06:37 PM
    I would expect that the last week involved a lot of ui polishing to ensure this device looked at its best for the show, weaknesses in other areas such as radio performance particularly when mobile would obviously not show up at a show like this, but they obviously couldn't launch these new devices unless it performs at least as well as their previous generation of products so that and carrier acceptance testing will be the deciding factors in any release dates.
    Yeah carrier approval is totally out of their hands and there is no conceivable way to guarantee simultaneous releases by all carriers...

I still think people are blowing this crap way out of proportion because they have nothing better to do.
    anon(73368) and trsbbs like this.
    05-05-11 06:56 PM
    Summer has been here in south Florida for a month: get me the Bold 9900 ASAP. I need a new phone, my 9000 is long in the tooth and the new battery is still not that great!

Is that a nodo update for all AT&T phones? Hmmmmmmm

05-05-11 09:04 PM
    I call shenanigans!!!! dammit RIM get the Sprint Bold 9930 out by June 28th of THIS year...screw BGR and his "unconfirmed sources" my Sprint contract expires on June 7th...and I expect the Bold 9930 in Sprint stores before the end of June.
    05-06-11 08:24 AM
    I seriously doubt they'd be holding off releasing the Bold Touch until mid-August, after building this device as it's flagship device...it is very possible that worldwide and local carriers may not see the Bold 9900/9930 until mid-August, but with Sprint just sending out a mail ad having BOTH Curve 3G and the Style for FREE now with 2yr contract or upgrade, seems to me they're clearing the decks for the new Bold Touch 9930 for $199.00 and if you see the Bold 9650 for $99.00 anytime soon, then that will be a REALLY good sign the Bold 9930 will be coming early summer

Same with Rogers... they have lowered the prices of 9780s on 3 year contracts. This is a strong indication that 9900 are coming may be even at the end of June.
    05-06-11 08:34 AM
    My contract expires in August, so the 9930 needs to come out in August! Talk about self-interest!!!
    05-06-11 09:06 AM
    My contract expires in August, so the 9930 needs to come out in August! Talk about self-interest!!!
    Well, with that logic: My contract is done, I am good to go now, so.......RIM, release the 9900 TODAY!
    StephE likes this.
    05-06-11 08:26 PM
    I don't get this logic. You should hope it comes out earlier so you can read impressions and also not have any trouble at all getting one in August (LOL as if it's hard to get blackberries) but you know what I mean. Of course nothing feels worse than knowing it's out and you're missing out on it, but then that makes getting it all the sweeter.
    05-06-11 08:46 PM
    I have been lusting this phone since it's rumor started. I am not believing anything that the other site says. I am holding out for the end of June which is the usual drop for new RIM devices. Screw you unconfirmed source you won't ruin my excitement!
    05-06-11 09:02 PM
    It is entertaining to read posts like the one above from people who get way too excited. I can remember the days when I did the same but been chasing phones from RIM for so long now that I learned you got to pace yourself.

RIM is NOT a trend setter. If you want cutting edge, look to the new Samsungs that AT&T has coming out in June. The Infuse next week and the Galaxy S2 will be cutting edge for sure!

I love Blackberry but they can not satisfy my appetite for new technology!
    05-07-11 05:53 AM
    August is pretty laughable if the phone stays the same spec wise, and it will, so yeah commence laughter.

Laughable and abandonment enabled at that point. A company can only point to vaporware for so long before customers say efff ya, dont look back, and customer's brand loyalty is gone for at least the time period is until they just not hit a solid hit, but a home run out of the park with bases loaded. Were in the bottom of the 8th inning for RIM and they aren't exactly winning, and not even up to bat, and even their bat boy are using his Iphone, as the crowd hold's up their Droids turning on its lights, and sing

With that being said there is a huge drop in RIMMs stock, from 70 in Feb to 46 most recently. That's 34% in 3.5 months. Much less than their high of 146 in June 2008 (down 68.5%. That is when they should have already bought QNX a year or two before and be redoing their OS and phones). As others, including myself predicted, without the hardware - abandonment would happen... and here we have it both in the phones and in the stock. QNX only a part of the the story as their need for grade A development tools and courting of top app developers had to have happen and this should have been the aftermath of the world series with RIM on top (as I and many others have been hoping).

BAD idea to have waited this long to change OS's (providing that is what they will do) and introduce new phones (bound to be buggy at first) while android 3.0 is making its rounds, and who knows what is next at Apple's shop. Doesn't look good for RIM but there is an inning left, but they are down multiple runs. The Playbook just wasn't the hit it was suppose to be. Perhaps with a 10.1" one along with a slew of perfect QNX phones this fall... but I don't think anyone really believes they can pull that off and still not be laughed at in this moment of time. Blackberry loyalists aren't exactly parading around their phones... and neither are the markets (RIM's market and the stock market). Per April 29, 2011's article 'Jefferies Analysts on RIMM: ‘We Were Wrong’ By Matt Phillips:

The previous optimism from Jefferies analyst Peter Misek was tied, in part, to a RIM operating system built by RIM’s QNX Software Systems unit for its “PlayBook” tablet offering. In previous notes Misek was optimistic on the QNX system, writing:

QNX better and earlier than expected: our checks indicate that the new OS provides a great browsing experience, is scalable so can address low end and high end, is easy to port Android apps to, and is more secure, and requires less bandwidth. Also, the transition to QNX will be faster than expected.

But after yesterday’s guidance cut, Misek revised his view, starting the note bluntly:

We Were Wrong: QNX Too Late and Too Little; Downgrade to Underperform

In addition to lowered May Q guidance, our checks indicate RIMM will see continued execution issues, product delays, and lackluster product launches for the next year. We believe Blackberry OS 7.0 (renamed, formerly 6.1) and QNX will be delayed and that carriers are withdrawing support. We cut our [Fiscal year 2012 (Feb) EPS [estimate] to $5.50 (guidance $7.50), [fiscal year 2013 estimate] to $5 [(versus the street consensus of $7.37)], and [our price] target to $35.
    Doesn't look good RIM fans..

HP
    Last edited by heartspeace; 05-07-11 at 07:45 AM.
    05-07-11 07:26 AM
    I love my BlackBerry, and if I have to wait until August (again, pretty sure it'll be released much sooner in North America) I'll suck it up, ***** and moan, and pray for RIM's sake Sprint dosn't get the iphone b4 lol...but my major concern is, RIM really did put the cart before the horse...concentrating on the as of yet, not fully loaded Playbook (which by the way IS better than an ipad2, even with it's limited apps, I demo'd the ipad2 last week at a Verizon store, and the Playbook at a Best Buy)...think about this, iphone is ballyhooed and cheered in March when it hit Verizon...but wait!...BAM! BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 is released right after BBW (May 10th) At&t, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint on the same day! the reviews are fantastic, it then makes consumers think...iphone4? or Bold 9900/9930? (which would be availible on ALL carriers) Puts RIM right back into the mix ios, android and BB! then carry the newest BB over to, "you think Bold 9900/9930 is great? check THIS out...a QNX Playbook that rivals ipad2 or Xoom or Galaxy...Playbook gets good reviews and then RIM releases Touch, Torch2 & Curve Touch for the fall/holidays...AND a 10" Playbook...which leads into 2012 and NOW you dug the Playbook, here come our new 4G QNX BlackBerrys to compete with iphone5, HTC, Samsung and whoever...bring it on!...but i'm just a Detroiter with a GED and NOT super Canadian genius like RIM ceo's.
    Telus Toronto likes this.
    05-07-11 08:55 AM
    I love my BlackBerry, and if I have to wait until August (again, pretty sure it'll be released much sooner in North America) I'll suck it up, ***** and moan, and pray for RIM's sake Sprint dosn't get the iphone b4 lol...but my major concern is, RIM really did put the cart before the horse...concentrating on the as of yet, not fully loaded Playbook (which by the way IS better than an ipad2, even with it's limited apps, I demo'd the ipad2 last week at a Verizon store, and the Playbook at a Best Buy)...think about this, iphone is ballyhooed and cheered in March when it hit Verizon...but wait!...BAM! BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 is released right after BBW (May 10th) At&t, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint on the same day! the reviews are fantastic, it then makes consumers think...iphone4? or Bold 9900/9930? (which would be availible on ALL carriers) Puts RIM right back into the mix ios, android and BB! then carry the newest BB over to, "you think Bold 9900/9930 is great? check THIS out...a QNX Playbook that rivals ipad2 or Xoom or Galaxy...Playbook gets good reviews and then RIM releases Touch, Torch2 & Curve Touch for the fall/holidays...AND a 10" Playbook...which leads into 2012 and NOW you dug the Playbook, here come our new 4G QNX BlackBerrys to compete with iphone5, HTC, Samsung and whoever...bring it on!...but i'm just a Detroiter with a GED and NOT super Canadian genius like RIM ceo's.
    Couldnt agree more..
    Personally im viable for an upgrade in September but i want that 9900 bad boy out A.S.A.P and im even gunna pay the early upgrade fee. After enduring the Storm 1 for 2 straight years, then the screen breaking and having to buy a used Bold 9000 (which was the best choice) i cant wait to get my hands on the new bold as i really love the original bold design and keyboard.
    05-07-11 09:40 PM
    We already know its in testing with the carriers so who is the supposed delay from???? Doesn't make sense to me.

05-08-11 09:01 AM
    We already know its in testing with the carriers so who is the supposed delay from???? Doesn't make sense to me.

Okay, it is in testing with the carriers. When did they get it and how long will testing last? Then, how soon til the fixes for the findings be applied and the phone on the shelves?

I don't mind being a beta tester on the Bold Touch, I need a new phone now, and this is the one I want, but if RIM and the carriers cannot get this out til September or so, I will be very disappointed and perhaps leave the fold. I know RIM losing me is no big deal, but I may be one of the many whom I tell to leave them for something else.
    05-08-11 10:24 AM
    I am probably newer to BlackBerry than most of you, but even I am not that impatient. At this moment I don't even have one anymore (it died). I'm stuck using a dumbphone and I've been eligible for my upgrade for about 2 or 3 years now. I'm willing to wait for a product that will run smoothly. Just relax.

Perhaps some need to vacation away from CrackBerry while this device is still in production. Maybe they'll experience less stress and anxiety over something that has never had an official due date and hopefully will relax.
    05-08-11 11:35 AM
    I think all of us would agree that we would like the 9900 delivered complete and with everything working, unlike the their PlayBook
    05-08-11 02:42 PM
    As my work phone; I'm seriously looking forward to the 9900. I hate to hear of delays to it's release.

It looks like a great messaging phone.
    05-08-11 02:53 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD