05-22-11 07:33 AM
99 1234
tools
    How can devices with no launch date be delayed anyway?
    so you think RIM unveiled this device this week for the intention of releasing it August is that what ur saying?
    05-04-11 09:17 PM
    Exactly.

10charactermyass.
    05-04-11 09:21 PM
    They can't release a qnx phone till the crypto module is fips approved, because their security conscience customers demand this. This should be done for the tablet soon as it is already in review. Once they have this module approved, then all they have to prove for a phone is the crypto module didn't change.
    05-04-11 09:34 PM
    Isn't most of RIM's devices made in Mexico? Pretty sure the materials for the devices don't just come from Japan...still think the whole mid August dates might be for local carriers and other carriers in other countries...like the UK getting the Playbook almost a month later than North America..the RIM official press relase os very interptive..."Coming summer to all carriers worldwide" still say the big 4 get it before end of June at the latest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 09:34 PM
    Isn't most of RIM's devices made in Mexico? Pretty sure the materials for the devices don't just come from Japan...still think the whole mid August dates might be for local carriers and other carriers in other countries...like the UK getting the Playbook almost a month later than North America..the RIM official press relase os very interptive..."Coming summer to all carriers worldwide" still say the big 4 get it before end of June at the latest.

They have multiple assembly locations. Mexico is just one of them.
    05-04-11 09:35 PM
    Why would they announce it 3 months before release? All that does is make many people angry that they have to wait.
    05-04-11 09:36 PM
    Yes because not announcing anything for the next 2.5 months would not have any negative backlash whatsoever... Especially with their main conference scheduled for a certain date of the year...
    05-04-11 09:38 PM
    That's fridiculous!!!!! They didn't even announce the Monaco @ bbw. I could give to squirts about a 10" pb. Give us some phones ASAP!!!!!!

05-04-11 09:46 PM
    so you think RIM unveiled this device this week for the intention of releasing it August is that what ur saying?
    Not saying that. Just that saying its "delayed" doesnt make sense since we don't even know when it will be available in the first place.

Why would they announce it 3 months before release? All that does is make many people angry that they have to wait.
    Look at the PB. We waited for over 6 months after it was announced until release.
    05-04-11 10:08 PM
    Yes because not announcing anything for the next 2.5 months would not have any negative backlash whatsoever... Especially with their main conference scheduled for a certain date of the year...

it doesnt matter to the general public either way IMO. they dont know of the new phones announced or not announced. There are probably 5% of BB users that know of the new stuff coming
    branflakes likes this.
    05-04-11 10:11 PM
    Considering at&t just got the device for testing I doubt they woulda already made the determination its coming out in august unless there are major hardware issues. The whole argument that there was no release date therefore it can't be delayed doesn't apply here due to the fact its been confirmed AT&T is testing the device and 3 months of testing means there were delays.

05-04-11 10:22 PM
    On the flip side, announcing it right before release date would result in angry people who just purchased a different device because they didn't know what was coming down the pipe. Consumers like to be informed ahead of time.
    05-04-11 10:27 PM
    it doesnt matter to the general public either way IMO. they dont know of the new phones announced or not announced. There are probably 5% of BB users that know of the new stuff coming
    The announcements+conference aren't only for the general public (especially the conference). **** at this point the market "guestimators" practically hold RIM to these things like it's the end-all.
    05-04-11 10:46 PM
    Not saying that. Just that saying its "delayed" doesnt make sense since we don't even know when it will be available in the first place.

Look at the PB. We waited for over 6 months after it was announced until release.
    The PlayBook was letting everyone know that they were entering the tablet market. They never had one before. Phones are a different story. IMO, it doesn't make much sense to announce an upgraded device, even as big an increment as this phone is, 3 months before it would release. 1 month sounds right to me.
    05-04-11 11:48 PM
    On the flip side, announcing it right before release date would result in angry people who just purchased a different device because they didn't know what was coming down the pipe. Consumers like to be informed ahead of time.
    If you look at it that way there are going to be angry people, no matter what, that may have gotten this phone if they knew about it 6 months ago but recently got a current bold a few months ago. There's just no way to please everyone I suppose. Just sucks having to wait!
    05-04-11 11:52 PM
    How did anyone NOT expect this to happened??!? Moving resources from OS 7 to Playbook is a obvious delay. Seriously, this company needs some serious new leadership. These two CEO can't see how this market is evolving.

05-05-11 12:32 AM
    "This information is unconfirmed, but we have been told that the just-announced BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 wont be launching until mid-August at the earliest."

its still a rumor, we dont know anything for sure
    and bgr with their "we have been told"

even tho they've been right about some stuff lately, bgr isnt really a site i'd count on when it comes to accuracy
    I told you it would be LATER and NOT SOONER!

Even though they now say Auguest, I will bet you $100 bucks it will be past Sept 2011 or later! GOT PayPal?
    05-05-11 06:42 AM
    it wont
    and save your money, i want you to get the bold 9900/9930 on release day xD
    05-05-11 06:44 AM
    I don't know if its true but I find it funny that people get mad they released the PB too soon and customers are essentially beta testing it. If they delay they're waiting too long? RIM can't win.

I hope its not true as well, I just find the reactions funny

05-05-11 07:09 AM
    Standard operating procedure for bgr, spam out a bunch of different dates so that they can always point to one as being correct and if it is one of their later guesses they also get to claim their earlier guesses were also correct due to this delay.
    05-05-11 08:21 AM
    Here we go again................ release it now then everyone calls it crap because it isn't ready............ release it later and everyone is mad because it isn't out yet.. can't win or please everyone.
    Jimieo likes this.
    05-05-11 09:21 AM
    I cannot wait until August. My Storm 9530 needs a battery pull at least once a day. I really wanted the Monaco and have been eligible for an upgrade for 4 months. I was thinking I could be happy with the Bold Touch, but if that isn't coming until August, I'm going to go to Waterloo and kick someone in the nuts. I love my PlayBook but they need to halt any work on the rumored 10" version if it is in any way impacting the new phones from coming out. I cannot even fathom how RIM could wait a year or more after the Torch to release a single new phone. I'm just going to pretend I never read this rumor for my own sanity.
    you have no idea how much i agree with you on this. i'm in the same boat as you and have been passing up droid after droid on vzw because rumors have been leading to a May/June release of a new BB full touchscreen phone. If i have to wait until damn near the fall to get a new phone, i dont know what i'll do. i feel like i deserve an award for having the original storm for almost 3 years lol.
    05-05-11 09:39 AM
    unless there are supply problems for manufacturing due to most of Japan still being off line, i bet this is a software issue and there is competition between the playbook and handsets for a group of resources. i think that RIM realized it was a fubar to release the playbook without native email, etc. and have had to prioritize resources to address this. In doing so, they have taken resources away from the OS7 ready to market effort. in doing so, they have not only screwed the pooch on the PB but also on the new phones. Horrible management if this is true.
    05-05-11 09:44 AM
    i feel like i deserve an award for having the original storm for almost 3 years lol.
    And the "Glutton for Punishment" Award goes to..
    *Drumroll*
    howarmat likes this.
    05-05-11 09:46 AM
    Again, this is all rumors about being delayed...How upset would Verizon users be when in January they're told Verizon is releasing the iphone4 in Febuary, only to say, "errr, sorry, not until May or June"...I know RIM as said "Availability
    The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer." And there was talk of T-Mobile getting the Bold 9900 on June 28th...so, really? at&t, Verizon and Sprint wouldnt be expected to get these devices at the same time? if not sooner? I think BGR needs to explain why & what delay and where exactly
    05-05-11 10:00 AM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD