Hello I am new to BB a couple of days ago i bought a Bold9700 and today I received a Message from "Blackberry" saying: "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network" now I can use the browser, but my BBM is not working. I have 4 Host Routing Tables, but in Services Status both BIS & BES are not connected.
    I tried registering through <carrier>.blackberry.com but I got "Cannot register your BB is not registered with your wireless service provider, etc..."
    So my questions are:
    1. Should I wait a couple of more days in order... something to happen?
    2. My BB has v.344(Platform 5.1.0.96) some kind of MTel/Vodafone software, and my carrier is not MTel nor Vodafone, so is it possible that this software is someway blocking other carriers Blackberry services?
    09-23-10 12:51 PM
    Where did you purchase your BB?
    Did you sign up for a Data plan with your provider?
    Have you given your provider your PIN or IMEI?
    Beside your signal strength do you have a small BB Symbol (like in the photo)?

All Blackberries get the Registered network message as soon as they are turned on with an active SIM inserted.

You need to activate a data plan with your provider, and from there everything will kick in.

While you found the host routing table, the main place to look is below it in the menu 'Service Books' there should be like 40+ entries there, I assume you have 7-12.

09-23-10 03:00 PM
    Bought it from a shop...
    I've signed up for a BB plan and gave them both IMEI & PIN. The logo appeared when I received the message(I've used the phone 2days without any msg, nor logo, host routing tables), it's not exactly the same, but i think it is just the theme.
    You are right i've got only six entries in "Service Books"...
    So i should just wait a couple of more days till my BB plan is activated?
    09-23-10 04:08 PM
    So today I spoke with my carrier and they told me that my BB data plan is activated, and still i have only 4 service books and my BBM doesn't work. So again it comes to my mind is it possible that the software is blocking something, do I have to install a new one(i don't own a usb cable and i don't know how to update my OS) or they might be any other problem. Somewhere I read that there are some blocked BB phones, can I check somewhere if mine is blocked or something.
    09-27-10 01:19 PM
    Have you gone to Options- Advanced - Host Routing table

hit the BB button and hit Register now?
    09-27-10 02:04 PM
    Have you gone to Options- Advanced - Host Routing table

hit the BB button and hit Register now?
    Many times, every time I just get a new Message: "Your handheld has been registered with your handheld" and nothing else.

P.S. I also forgot to mension that when i try to set up e-mail account i get only one option to register it with Enterprise Server.
    09-27-10 02:21 PM
    Might be a former company phone. Connect it to your computer and then search for Loader.exe from windows explorer on your computer and run it, your blackberry will be updated if there are any, and it will be wiped, then loaded with the update. Your stuff will be backed up and restored before/after the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 04:02 PM
    0k, so I'm getting really frustrated... If wiped out my BB completely 2times(with JLcmder) and isntalled different OS but still when I try to setup e-mail it tells me that it could be activated only by Enterprise activation, not all Service Books either. So I still don't get any BIS connection.
    Even after wiping it completely still when turned On/Off I get a Mtel/Vodafone logo. And a vodafone wallpaper, don't know if it has anything to do with my problem, but I don't actually have any more ideas, so any help would be very appreciated...
    When I try to install my carrier's OS it comes back with this
    Last edited by saxer; 09-28-10 at 03:35 PM.
    09-28-10 03:12 PM
    0k, so I'm getting really frustrated... If wiped out my BB completely 2times(with JLcmder) and isntalled different OS but still when I try to setup e-mail it tells me that it could be activated only by Enterprise activation, not all Service Books either. So I still don't get any BIS connection.
    Even after wiping it completely still when turned On/Off I get a Mtel/Vodafone logo. And a vodafone wallpaper, don't know if it has anything to do with my problem, but I don't actually have any more ideas, so any help would be very appreciated...
    When I try to install my carrier's OS it comes back with this
    The Vodaphone stuff is burnt into the ROM

OK, more info is coming out now, You say the phone has the Vodafone logo on start up.
    Which network are you trying to run it on?
    Did the ORIGINAL owner remove it from the network?
    If you bought the phone new, did you call Vodafone to release the PIN/IMEI?

this would explain EVERYTHING
    Last edited by Fubaz; 09-28-10 at 04:17 PM.
    09-28-10 04:15 PM
    The Vodaphone stuff is burnt into the ROM

OK, more info is coming out now, You say the phone has the Vodafone logo on start up.
    Which network are you trying to run it on?
    Did the ORIGINAL owner remove it from the network?
    If you bought the phone new, did you call Vodafone to release the PIN/IMEI?

this would explain EVERYTHING
    It's Mtel/Vodafone - Mtel is a local provider which was bought or smth like this from Vodafone.
    I'm trying to run it on Globul(owned by COSMOTE)
    I haven't called anybody to release the PIN/IMEI. Is there any way that i can remove vodafone stuff from the ROM, or should I talk with Mtel, because i doubt that they'd be any kind of help.
    If there is no other way what should I ask Mtel(Vodafone) to do?

Edit:
    In order to successfully change the BlackBerry software, an unauthorized user would need to change the Boot ROM, which is non-trivial and requires access to the device hardware. Thus, the device software cannot be changed without access to the hardware. In addition to requiring proprietary knowledge, accessing the hardware leaves behind evidence that the device has been tampered with.
    I guess this answer my 1st question , so what should I ask for Mtel?
    Last edited by saxer; 09-28-10 at 05:52 PM.
    09-28-10 05:41 PM
    It's Mtel/Vodafone - Mtel is a local provider which was bought or smth like this from Vodafone.
    I'm trying to run it on Globul(owned by COSMOTE)
    I haven't called anybody to release the PIN/IMEI. Is there any way that i can remove vodafone stuff from the ROM, or should I talk with Mtel, because i doubt that they'd be any kind of help.
    If there is no other way what should I ask Mtel(Vodafone) to do?
    Unless you are a super uber guru, you cannot remove the carrier branding from ROM.

Contacting vodaphone and asking them that, will get you nowhere. Just ask them to release the PIN/IMEI and then you will be able to register it and get things working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 05:54 PM
    I've just received an answer from Mtel and they told me that my PIN/IMEI is not registered with their network, is there any way to ask Blackberry which network are they registered with or something?
    I'd ask them myself but I cannot register in their site because of missing service books
    09-30-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD