An acquaintance of mine is always bugging me on BBM. Whenever I read a message from him, he responds almost immediately. It is almost as if he was hovering over the checkmark and waiting for it to turn from 'D' to 'R'. My solution for awhile was just to ignore consequential messages, or leave the blue "new bbm message" icon on the screen all the time.

Recently, I have started to open bbm, and without opening the message, clicking "end chat", and just looking at the messages later in the logs. I have checked with a friend on bbm, and it seems that all he will see is a delivery notification. Anybody know for sure whether he can receive a receipt notification from me checking the messages in "view history"?

thanks,

Mike
    03-03-10 08:47 PM
    If you don't want to read the messages from this person, maybe he should be dropped from your contact list?

I don't believe there is any way to block the receipt. If you click on the message, it shows up as an R on the other end. If you end the chat, it will look like its unread, I would assume.

Could you explain to your friend that you don't always have time to respond back right away and that some messages are going to be received but you can't respond? I have that arrangement with a few friends who find it impossible to always respond to me right away because of their jobs.
    03-05-10 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD