9780 OS v6.0.0.448 platform 6.5.0.136

BBM 5.0.1.45

After upgrading to a newer version of OS6(v6.0.0.448) my phone would occasionally freeze and I'd have to pull the battery due to nonresponsive inputs. After the pull, everything else loads up fine except my BBM contact list which is empty with only my username icon and status on top! Symptoms are exactly like this: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=23098 with no resolution.

I cannot begin bbm convos with anyone but can receive bbms from others on my contacts list, and the conversations still show up under messages but after a while stops updating the conversation(I can see the latest message in the messages "folder" but not when I open the conversation). BBM groups do not show up under contacts list but I still have access to them and they're still updated.

This is the second time it has happened. Last time, after the third battery pull my bbm list showed up. Not this time, even after five pulls and countless turn-offs and combinations of the two.

Has anyone experienced this? Please help!

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

JC
    04-12-11 03:41 PM
    Update: Upgraded to BBM 5.0.2.15 and still didn't fixed the problem after eighth battery pull. Did contacts list recovery and all of my contacts are back , albeit without all the bbm icon pictures. I'm an *****; should have done that recovery first. Resolved, pending I can still read all incoming messages in conversation windows.

Moral of the story: backup your contacts list! I hope this helps anyone facing the same issue in the future.
    04-12-11 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD