hi well i have a problem i can't find BB maps any where on my phone i've done the Show all on the home screen and it's not there i've went into every folder on my phone nothing, when i go into Options, advanced Options, Service book, i see blackberry maps and it has a check mark beside it but it's nowhere on my phone please help me out.... i reloaded my OS and still nothing
    03-23-11 02:33 AM
    Hello,
    I think you have data plan.if so, resend your service books and do battery pull.
    Nothing appeared?
    From your BlackBerry browser go to blackberry.com/maps and follow the instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 02:48 AM
    i already tried to re-install and it asks me to over-right it and i do and its not on my phone anywhere
    03-23-11 02:55 AM
    What carrier?
    What country?
    What device?
    What OS version?
    03-23-11 06:02 AM
    If it's asking you to overwrite it then it's on your phone somewhere. If you go to Options -> applications, then select Add Ons (i think that's the area), do you see BlackBerry Maps listed? Check all the areas in the applications lists.

If you see it there, delete the app then go to the BlackBerry website and reinstall it.
    03-23-11 07:50 AM
    Moving to Native Apps!
    03-23-11 08:55 AM
    You must have AT&T. They hide it so you will use ATT Navigator and pay their fee. If you load a different version of the OS from another carrier or delete the vendor file before you install the OS then your maps will show up.
    03-23-11 09:28 AM
    What carrier?
    What country?
    What device?
    What OS version?
    This info helps and is pretty essential to determining the problem.

But, I agree......if it is asking you to overwrite, it is on your BB.....you just can't see it.

If you are on AT&T you need to open the web browser on your phone and go to: http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad
    Download and install this on your phone. This will provide a launcher/icon for you to access BBMaps.
    Another workaround, purchase and install an app called 'Quicklaunch'. Quicklaunch will allow you to set up a link to open BBMaps.
    (NOTE: Quicklaunch is a great BB navigation tool and provides many useful funtions/features......one being fast access to any app or function on your phone. Easy access to BBMaps is just a plus for AT&T users.)

Whether you are on AT&T on not........you need to check an see if you have a 'Service Book' for BBMaps. In OS6 go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Service Book (scroll down and look for 'BlackBerry Maps')

If you don't see a Service Book for BBMaps, in OS6:
    -open Setup....
    -select or click on Email Set Up.........
    -with the email setup window open click the Menu or BB Button on your phone............
    -on the menu that appears scroll down and slick on Service Books....
    -and select 'Send Service Books'.
    Last edited by duckduke; 03-23-11 at 03:19 PM.
    03-23-11 10:45 AM
    i am with Telus Canada OS 5.0 when i go to Options -> applications, then select Add Ons i see it there.. it says Blackberry Maps installer version 6.1 Vendor RIM then it says Delete and under that it says Description Unavailable
    Installed: Mar 13 2011 Time 12.33PM whats going on why does it say its installed just unavailable?

curve 9300
    03-24-11 07:02 PM
    I helped someone with a similar problem just last week.

1) Check your service books first and make sure that you have a service book for BBMaps (options>advanced>service books). If not......resend your service books from your phone (go setup....open email setup.....with email setup open click the BB or menu button...........scroll down the menu that appears and select service books).

If you have the service book for BBMaps and still do not see it, and you probably won't since you don't see it in your applications list..............then

In all probablility.........you recently upgraded your OS and for some reason BBMaps did not get installed. I'm not sure what or why the BBMaps installer is showing up in your applications or why it did not get installed.

Since BBMaps installs with your OS, the only way I know to fix it is to reinstall OS. You will certainly want to do a 'device backup' in Desktop Manager before starting any OS install. You can use BBSAK or BBBoss to backup apps.

You can find procedures here in several places to do an OS install. If you need further assistance let me know.

Hope this helps......thanks!!
    03-25-11 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD