06-21-11 05:56 AM
28 12
tools
    As i have said before if you look at the current market you have Android which has the backing of Google which is one of the largest technology company's on the planet, Iphone which has the backing of Apple another extremely large company, Phone7 which has Microsoft backing and then there is blackberry which is backed by RIM a tiny company in comparison. This means that unlike the others RIM doesn't have the money to develop a new phone every year or to not care if one of there phones flops. So if you look at all of this i would say that RIM is doing a bloody good job just to stay third.
    06-20-11 09:51 PM
    Fully agree. I don't need a touch screen for everything, I barely touch the htc touch pro, it's turned off now, has been for almost a month! I prefer a keyboard and don't give a **** about multimedia, my netbook is great for that, it runs Linux. My desktop powerhouse P4 runs Linux too, aside from windows for managing my blackberry's backups.

I'll give to sacrifice without ******** and moaning at all. I don't care if this or that doesn't work, I won't expect it to, I don't expect it to either. As long as my blackberry does what I need It to, I'm satisfied. If it supports Ogg media, GREAT! It beats out the patented cumbersome formats.

Other Linux users would agree. I love the opensourceness of the 9700 on handling ogg media. It's what it's supposed to do! It just doesn't support Ogg Video yet, but I hope it'll do that soon!

Third place isn't that bad after all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 04:26 AM
    As i have said before if you look at the current market you have Android which has the backing of Google which is one of the largest technology company's on the planet, Iphone which has the backing of Apple another extremely large company, Phone7 which has Microsoft backing and then there is blackberry which is backed by RIM a tiny company in comparison. This means that unlike the others RIM doesn't have the money to develop a new phone every year or to not care if one of there phones flops. So if you look at all of this i would say that RIM is doing a bloody good job just to stay third.
    Sorry but you are wrong. RIM has $3 Billion in cash. Apples R&D budget for everything is about $450 Million per year, RIM's is somewhere around $275 Million per year. RIM made almost $700 Million last quarter in profit! Their problem is not being able to afford R&D, their problem is that their R&D has been very inefficient. They have plenty of money and profit to do things right, they just haven't done things right. Rim is finally starting to do some things right like standardize SoC's across the phone lineup, and TabletOS is awesome platform, they just need to execute quicker.
    06-21-11 05:56 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD