BlackBerry Traffic v2.0 now available in BlackBerry Beta Zone

BlackBerry Traffic has seen quite a few changes since its initial release. While still a beta app, Research In Motion has rolled out v2.0 to anyone participating in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. If you've not updated as of yet, be sure to login and grab the latest. As listed in Beta Zone the following changes have been made:

• Complete UI revamp – You asked for it, you got it. BlackBerry Traffic 2.0 features new icons, color scheme, 6.0-style theme, and more!
    • Route selection screen - You told us you want more routes to choose from, so we took action. There are now two route choices (including ETA and trip distance info for each) available to you as soon as you select a destination.
    • Future traffic view - A new future traffic view can be accessed by selecting the current time on the route selection screen, or by flipping through the different views when a route is selected. This view can be used to determine the best departure time based on predicted traffic conditions.
    • Next maneuver drive view - The simple view has been revised to display the next maneuver with corresponding turn icon in a large, easily viewable font.
    • Search history - Frequent search terms are now available from a drop down on the search screen.

Lets us know in the comments what you all think of the update, hit the link below to get started.

Download BlackBerry Traffic v2.0

03-16-11 08:49 PM
    Can anyone give an OTA link?
    03-16-11 11:46 PM
    you have to have a KeyCode for the beta zone.

blackberry.com/beta
    03-16-11 11:49 PM
    Just downloaded it.....Ill test it out when I go out to see if it works in Dubai....
    03-17-11 12:39 AM
    Can anyone give an OTA link?

Register here : https://www.blackberry.com/beta/

Then fill out all the pages in your profile as RIM needs to know your lifestyle before they deem you eligible for a beta program.....

Within a few days......when you login to your account.....you will see the eligible programs on the right section of the screen...... you click the program and select I want to participate...

I have participated in the BBM 5 beta program (the same keycode which I got works for BBM 6 Beta

I also participated in BlackBerry Radio, and now this...

I recommend you register ASAP
    03-17-11 12:42 AM
    I downloaded it this morning, very impressed with the UI update. It looks great and seems easier to use.

There were two things that I don't think they addressed yet, one being the fact that when you back out of the program it doesn't actually exit the program, it leaves it running in the background. As any Blackberry Traffic user knows, having it running in the background destroys your battery life.

Secondly, and I haven't confirmed this one yet, is that when you use the quasi-turn by turn navigation that BB traffic has, there is no audible notification when you need to turn. With that addition I would be 100% satisfied with this app.

In any case, still an awesome update for one of my favourite apps.
    03-17-11 09:05 AM
    BB Maps has been around for more than 7 years. More than enough time to integrate turn by turn navigation ("TBTN"). Google and Android managed this in 1 year. Android has had TBTN as a free part of their OS for more than 2 years. Again more than enough time to respond. RIM purchased that Navigation company last year. More than enough time to fix this. BB Traffic has been around for several months and v.2 still does not integrate with RIM's own BB maps. Why? It's not hardware or even the OS, Garmin Maps is an excellent fully featured, damn near perfect BB application available for more than 2 years. If Garmin can accomplish this for all BBs, RIM should be able to do the same. Their continued failure to not only not innovate, but to not even keep up with others in the same space speaks volumes as to their concern for their BES clients.
    03-17-11 10:20 AM
    I think this app takes turn by turn to a new level in terms of freeware.
    As far as features goes, I don't like the fact that there are no customizable options and you can't add more than 2 static "Places"

I wish, for touch versions, that you could select the traffic bar and get statistics right there instead of switching to another screen and having to add up the various elements

It's gotten a whole lot faster in terms of live updates, but I don't understand what they mean by "Future Traffic"

All-in-all a much better version than before...I hope it continues to grow...
    03-17-11 10:59 AM
    I wonder if this supports navigation in Dubaik or is it just limited to the USA and Europe
    03-17-11 02:40 PM
    North America only.
    03-17-11 02:41 PM
    North America only.
    Thank you for saving me the trouble of installing it.

Cheers John
    03-17-11 03:00 PM
    BB Maps has been around for more than 7 years. More than enough time to integrate turn by turn navigation ("TBTN"). Google and Android managed this in 1 year. Android has had TBTN as a free part of their OS for more than 2 years. Again more than enough time to respond. RIM purchased that Navigation company last year. More than enough time to fix this. BB Traffic has been around for several months and v.2 still does not integrate with RIM's own BB maps. Why? It's not hardware or even the OS, Garmin Maps is an excellent fully featured, damn near perfect BB application available for more than 2 years. If Garmin can accomplish this for all BBs, RIM should be able to do the same. Their continued failure to not only not innovate, but to not even keep up with others in the same space speaks volumes as to their concern for their BES clients.
    You seem not to understand the main purpose of this app. Perhaps the name of it would offer you a clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 07:27 PM
    Not working (again) for Puerto Rico addresses, confirmed by RIM... bummer... uninstalling...
    03-17-11 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD