Hi, folks.

Does BlackBerry Traffic provide turn-by-turn navigation?

And, if yes, how well does the turn-by-turn navigation work in the U.S.? Does turn-by-turn navigation work outside the U.S., too?

Thank you -- I am researching a BB purchase for a family member with international needs. Your input will help a lot.
    03-17-11 01:35 PM
    Yes, it provides turn-by-turn instructions, but only printed on the screen (i.e. not announced verbally), so it's been most helpful to me when I've had a passenger who could watch the screen and read the steps to me but I've also used it while driving alone.

Sorry, but I don't know how well it works outside of the US. I would hope, though, that since RIM is a Canadian company and they sell BBs all over the world and they promote the Bold as a "World" phone with great international capabilities that they would have created Traffic to work from GPS systems wherever you are on the planet . . . but maybe others can chime in with more info.

You might also want to look into the updated version of BB Traffic that RIM has just recently released into the Beta Zone for testing -- that might have some additional and/or international features that would be important to you, although I'm not sure what the overall changes have been since the first Traffic release.

Finally, and for reference, I just today posted a Traffic question in the BB Apps forum wondering how often the GPS Maps are updated since I've been using it today and have gotten some whack results when it's lost track of me on major interstates.
    TBolt likes this.
    03-17-11 02:18 PM
    I wish it would work in Dubai but John Yester said it wont
    03-17-11 03:43 PM
    I like this app and how it works with BB Maps, which I've always preferred over Google Maps.
    03-17-11 08:09 PM
    I like this app and how it works with BB Maps, which I've always preferred over Google Maps.
    Google Maps on the BB -- does it have voice navigation? I love that feature on my Droid.
    03-18-11 09:04 PM
    Google Maps on the BB -- does it have voice navigation? I love that feature on my Droid.
    There is an app called QuickFind that provides voice turn by turn directions. It isn't as good as what is on the Droid but is still nice. There is also an app called Lifeinpocket that provides voice turn by turn directions that is good. These apps use Google Maps but the native Google Maps for Blackberry does not provided voice direction. That is one thing that is severely lacking for the BB.
    TBolt likes this.
    03-20-11 12:30 AM
    Blackberry Traffic got a big update today. It went from version 1.something to 2.something. You can get it from the beta zone but you don't need a beta code after you download it. It's worth the download if you use this app.
    JohnAlpha likes this.
    04-08-11 02:51 PM
    Blackberry Traffic got a big update today. It went from version 1.something to 2.something. You can get it from the beta zone but you don't need a beta code after you download it. It's worth the download if you use this app.
    I agree, I downloaded the beta and it has a better UI I think. I like this app quite a bit.
    04-08-11 02:55 PM
    Tks for the heads up ba.
    I love this app.
    Sorry I just discovered it a few weeks ago.
    Good Luck

Edit: I think lot of folk don't realize that it also gives directions.
    04-08-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD