First of all, I'd like to say I live in Canada and I'm under a plan with Rogers. Unfortunately, carriers in Canada don't do IMEI blocking unless their own display phones were stolen. It's a ridiculously stupid policy, but that's beside the point.

I've done everything I can: I've reported the phone stolen to Rogers and had the SIM card disabled. I've filed a police report, I've even pleaded on craigslist and offered a reward to anyone who can return my phone to me. I have BB Protect on my phone but I can no longer log in with my BBID, so I'm screwed in that respect, and I had *just* removed the password on my phone a day prior to this and had not yet re-enabled it.

I've googled around but I've had no luck in finding the answers I'm looking for. Is there nothing else I can do? Can I contact RIM somehow regarding my BlackBerry's PIN? I do remember the PIN and I have the IMEI but right now it feels like there's nothing else I can do. If someone replaces the SIM card, can they use my BBM PIN? What happens to it?

I'm absolutely miserable about this, it was a year old, stolen last night and I feel like a lost a limb. Not to mention there were images on the internal memory that hold a lot of value for me.
    07-31-11 10:20 PM
    Well seeing that your BB protect was a fail.. I'd say.. You aren't getting it back any time soon(ever)

Yes. They can use your old bb pin.

And no. You can't get the images back unless they do it themselves..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 10:42 PM
    I'm aware I can't get the pictures back, I also know I'm not getting it back either, I was just wondering how the PIN works.
    07-31-11 11:03 PM
    Pin is set to ONE device. It cannot be changed and the thief will be able to use it.

You can recover your BBM contacts from email though..

07-31-11 11:16 PM
    Pin is set to ONE device. It cannot be changed and the thief will be able to use it.

You can recover your BBM contacts from email though..

That's if he saved them... I think...
    08-01-11 01:23 AM
    I did save them; I'm going to be buying a new phone today. I have a backup as well. Can anyone give me some advice on what do I do from here? Honestly, I don't even know where to start with the backup or restoring my contacts.
    08-01-11 03:13 PM
    I did save them; I'm going to be buying a new phone today. I have a backup as well. Can anyone give me some advice on what do I do from here? Honestly, I don't even know where to start with the backup or restoring my contacts.
    Well, as far as your phone contacts (etc).
    Depends how you saved them... E-Mail? Desktop Manager?

As far as BBM contacts, just click on Options>Restore...
    08-02-11 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD