Hi Guys,
    I love my BBS2 and have a quick issue to report and need help with any resolution.

I have noticed over the past 4 mornings that when I am using BB messenger to communicate, sometimes the phone just shuts down and reboots itself. I am not sure why this happens and it became very annoying yesterday when it happened 3 times within 1 hour.

This is the only occasion in which my BB has automatically reset itself since receiving it i.e., when I am using BB Messenger.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Do you know why this happens?
    11-18-09 04:18 PM
    My coworker used to have a problem when he would leave the app open. If he would just go back to the main screen it wouldn't freak out.

Are you using BBM 4.7 or 5.0? When you get the phone even though it is 5.0, BBM is 4.7. You can upgrade the BBM to 5.0 by going to www.blackberry.com/messenger from your S2.
    11-18-09 04:39 PM
    This has happened to me as well -- I think twice now. It seems like it is usually when I am receiving a BBM. I assume it is some sort of bug with the OS or BBM 5.0 (I upgraded to 5.0 immediately after getting the phone). Not sure what exactly triggers it because after it happened those two times, it has not done it again recently.
    11-18-09 04:42 PM
    happened to me yesterday and today out of the blue..
    ever since i upgraded to the new bbm.
    11-18-09 05:02 PM
    I am using BBM 5.0 i recently upgraded 2 sundays ago. and it only happens when i am receiving messages. i guess it is the version of BBM.
    11-19-09 01:59 PM
    This just happened to me for the first time last night. I opened BBM 4.7 just as a message came in and it rebooted. Glad to see that I am not the only one.
    11-19-09 02:02 PM
    Ever since I updated to the current version, i have not had the problem.
    01-03-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD