i have used blackberry protect since it was in beta, but recently while trying to diagnose bad battery drain issues i deleted it. now on my Torch at completely idle, i was able to see rates from 1.5 to 2.5% per hour of drain. ive noticed that since i just reinstalled it, im seeing 3.9% an hour. i have it set for a weekly backup and the CPU/Memory usage shows ive only used it for 1m 42sec today (long enough for an install and backup).

i just wanted people to post up their Meterberry battery drain differences you may have noticed since you installed Blackberry Protect vs before it was installed. if my idle drains are going to be sitting at 4% an hour vs 1.5%, im gonna ditch it yet again. a one week update schedule, and not even using the app until then, shouldnt mean an additional 2-3% an hr drain.
    03-06-11 11:46 PM
    Before Blackberry Protect:
    Min Drain Rate: 0.5%/hour
    Average Drain Rate: 2.4%/hour

After Blackberry Protect Installed:
    Min Drain Rate: 1.4%
    Average Drain Rate: 2.9%/hour
    03-06-11 11:57 PM
    Before Blackberry Protect:
    Min Drain Rate: 0.5%/hour
    Average Drain Rate: 2.4%/hour

After Blackberry Protect Installed:
    Min Drain Rate: 1.4%
    Average Drain Rate: 2.9%/hour
    using BBMeter or BerryMeter? i never found BBMeter to be very accurate but i appreciate the insight.
    03-07-11 12:53 AM
    I don't have the exact discharge rate for having/not having BB Protect installed. I did look through my Battery Log (MeterBerry), and it's all about the exact same. My usual idle discharge rate is about .5-1.1%, with heavy usage it bumps up to about 2-4% an hour. This is what it always has been on .450 with the Blazin Torch hybrid, for me anyways. It may have slightly affected my battery, but not enough for me to notice.
    03-07-11 06:12 AM
    wow....thats an awesome idle discharge rate. im lucky if i sit under 2%. with heavy BBM use i jump to 4-5%.
    03-07-11 07:01 AM
    I'm not sure what my normal drain rate is since I don't have Meterberry, but I installed Blackberry Protect yesterday.......today, with very light usage, my berry DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally, I can go all day without needing to charge my berry. My day off the charger began at about 5:30 AM. By 3 PM I was down to about 3% LEFT!! It was soooooo low on power that ForceRadioOn wouldn't work!

I've NEVER run out of power in a single day with my 9650. And I really need to make some calls....................I had needed to use the GPS........so much for those ideas.

At 3 PM when I noticed the battery drain was so extreme - I had been in meetings ALL morning and hadn't even checked email, after putting my berry in standby mode - I was so shocked! I figured something was running in the background that sucked the life out of my berry.....process of elimination ended in Blackberry Protect, which is the only change to my berry in the last few weeks. I'm on Verizon and am running 6.0.0.431.

Guess I'm ditching THAT bad boy.

Wait. I can't. My berry hasn't charged up enough yet to even turn on.

Once I can turn it on, I'm deleting 'berry Protect. It's of no use to me if it sucks all the life out of my berry.
    03-07-11 04:55 PM
    using BBMeter or BerryMeter? i never found BBMeter to be very accurate but i appreciate the insight.
    I'm using BBMeter and also my usage is with pretty heavy usage of BBM. Also I switched off the GPS cause I won't be using the locator function hopefully
    03-07-11 05:02 PM
    I installed BB Protect on both my wife's and my Style. Within 3 hours we had batteries in the red! Since deleting it, no drain problems.
    03-10-11 10:58 AM
    No battery drain here. Standard battery drain has remained constant since install.
    03-10-11 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD