10-15-11 06:47 AM
41 12
tools
    I was able to download and backup using the link provided by ixa so thanks to you!
    03-21-11 06:00 AM
    I was able to download and backup using the link provided by ixa so thanks to you!
    Does it work in Bahrain?

I mean, can you actually create a backup?
    03-21-11 07:03 AM
    It worked for me and I did create a backup. I also tried backing up this morning and its working fine. You guys probably need to call up your service providers and work it out with them.
    03-22-11 05:34 AM
    Finally Blackberry Protect shows up in App World, but it says "the application is not available on your device or for your carrier". Still not available for Indonesian market.
    03-22-11 07:03 AM
    Reply from DU:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email received on March 20, 2011.

We strive to provide our customers with the highest level of support. Please be assured that your request has been forwarded to our technical team and will be attended shortly. Kindly note TT reference number 1-5314032834. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Should you still have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 155 from your Du mobile or 043699155 from any other phone at anytime. Call Center remains open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Yours sincerely,

Mohammed khalid

On behalf of customer care

Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company, PJSC

P.O. Box 502666, Dubai, U.A.E.
    03-22-11 07:24 AM
    Finally Blackberry Protect shows up in App World, but it says "the application is not available on your device or for your carrier". Still not available for Indonesian market.
    Go back to the first page of this thread to post #13 by member ixa. He linked two OTA sites that should work without the need of Appworld. I tried the OS6 link he posted and I was able to download the application.
    03-22-11 09:13 AM
    Thanks, I have managed to download & install it. However, I just know that BB protect is unusable in BB Devices with BES account. Currently, I have a BESX account running in my BB & this is causing BB protect can't be used in my BB.
    03-23-11 06:45 AM
    Thanks, I have managed to download & install it. However, I just know that BB protect is unusable in BB Devices with BES account. Currently, I have a BESX account running in my BB & this is causing BB protect can't be used in my BB.
    I dont think you can use it on BES
    03-23-11 09:13 AM
    Hi matrix
    did it work on Du or not yet?
    I faced same problem with Etisalat also first few days it worked fine and now i see that my wireless data plan does not include BlackBerry protect.
    I called etisalat technical they told me its not supported in uae (i checked this page https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20844 , UAE is not listed in the supported countries) !!
    I hope they fix it soon.
    03-26-11 10:02 AM
    UPDATE: Tried sending du an e-mail but to no avail, so i decided to tweet them incessantly till they responded which they did after 10 tweets and 2 weeks . Their answer is that blackberry protect is distributed through app world which is not available in the U.A.E. and as is they can't put a timeline on the release of blackberry protect or app world as this is controlled by the TRA.

In short, a massive NO !!

However i have sent the TRA a message, lets see if anyone responds.
    03-29-11 06:30 AM
    Its pointless downloading it for some of you as your provider is not supporting it yet. I downloaded and successfully install the program BUT it says "Your wireless service plan does not include Blackberry Protect"

So too bad for me

- Charles
    03-29-11 12:46 PM
    Hi guys, BB Protect is now fully working with Etisalat (UAE). Did my first backup a few minutes ago! Strangely though the Appworld still gives an error message saying that it is not available in our contry Go figure....
    04-19-11 06:53 AM
    Well i can confirm that i too can back up to blackberry protect servers. Just did 2 backups already and all is goin well. But i guess this is just a limited edition beta release just to test if all the protocols are in place for a full launch, much like App world that was working for 3 or 4 days in the UAE.

Cheers
    04-20-11 01:19 PM
    Thanks man!! you made my day!!!!!

The OS 6 link works
    Having the following error on downloading - what to do?
    907 Invalid COD
    Unable to import ZIP file

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 07:46 PM
    Hey ! My Bold 9900 doesn't fulfill the requirements for Blackberry Protect. I'm using BIS Service on my device. Still my device doesn't support BB protect software. WTF ! Please help me out !
    08-30-11 07:04 AM
    Thanks man!! you made my day!!!!!

The OS 6 link works
    Thanks, just got me sorted now, was missing having BB Protect. Now i just need to find BB Travel, another app that i miss having out in UAE
    10-15-11 06:47 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD