BlackBerry protect is now available for download in the beta zone.
    07-19-10 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry protect is now available for download in the beta zone.
    I'm a Beta Zone member but can't find the link to download it.
    07-19-10 04:10 PM
    I'm a Beta Zone member but can't find the link to download it.
    It's only available for some people, like the facebook and bbm betas.
    07-19-10 04:18 PM
    Of course I get the BBM Beta but not the Protect Beta
    07-19-10 05:21 PM
    I chose yes for everything except the BES stuff in the beta zone questionaire.
    07-19-10 05:52 PM
    Same here....oh well
    07-19-10 06:58 PM
    Of course I get the BBM Beta but not the Protect Beta
    Yep same here lol
    07-20-10 12:46 AM
    i downloaded the Protect Beta. seems pretty cool and similar to SmrtGuard so far. im glad its not running in the background like i thought it would. i just wish its locating feature used the cell network and GPS so it would work indoors.
    07-20-10 02:38 AM
    i downloaded the Protect Beta. seems pretty cool and similar to SmrtGuard so far. im glad its not running in the background like i thought it would. i just wish its locating feature used the cell network and GPS so it would work indoors.
    I'd say if you haven't already, send them that request in the Feedback section. It seems like the final version would include that, as they just showed off their technology to get your location without GPS
    07-20-10 08:53 AM
    I'm thinking that they do use cell network.I tried it while my BB was inside (GPS never works in my house) and it located it within 10 seconds. It stated it was located using wireless network signal. It was also 2 blocks off which leads me to think they weren't GPS results.
    07-20-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD