Hello all,
    I have a Curve 9360, and am trying to use BlackBerry Protect for the first time. I go through the setup questions just fine, but it when it tries to connect, it just stays there indefinitely and never does. It doesn't hang, I can use the escape key to back out, or click and activate the "Back" button at the bottom of the screen.

Anyone seen this before? Any advice for this relatively new Berry user?

03-17-12 12:13 AM
    Assuming you have a BlackBerry data plan. I think if you didn't, you would get an error message. But if you do not have a BlackBerry data plan, then that is indeed your problem.

I would try the usual first troubleshooting steps if you haven't already:

First try a hard reset if you haven't already...that is, with the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, put the battery back, then test after the device boots up.

If that didn't do it, then resend service books. Make sure you are in a location with a good, steady signal reception when you do it.

And if that didn't do it, then delete Protect, do a hard reset, install Protect again, and test.

Other than that, I would wait a little while ... maybe server issues, so give it time to correct on its own ... and try again.

Final step would be to call customer service.
    03-17-12 07:44 PM