Where in the **** is BlackBerry Protect? It started beta testing in July 2010, and not only isn't publicly available yet, but the beta hasn't been expanded at all either. WTF.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    01-26-11 11:24 AM
    That may be something you should be asking in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Are you signed up as a beta tester?
    01-26-11 11:35 AM
    As long as I know I'm installing an app for a service I used for quite some time, it should make me feel good and not ring any alarms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 11:51 AM
    Good question OP, but may I suggest just using Smrt Guard if you haven't already. I've tried BB Protect, and have nothing against it, but I "personally" wouldn't use it because it doesn't have anywhere near the features that Smrt Guard has. Price is great too, but if price is a factor I can see why you'd wait for BB Protect
    01-26-11 08:28 PM
    I'm a member of beta zone for quiet a while and like the OP, i shocked that the application still in hiding. I was hoping the damn think would have been launched already.
    01-27-11 02:57 AM
    take a look for Lookout Mobile, very similar to Smrtgaurd but its free....
    01-27-11 10:12 AM
    i still use BB Protect. infact, since it doesnt require a key, i was able to install it on both my Torch and Bold. i have it backup everyday, but ive never really needed it yet.
    01-28-11 03:33 AM
    Any news about the release, perhaps from the beta testers?
    02-22-11 06:09 AM
    03-08-11 06:28 PM
    wait its still in beta? i've been playing around with it on my torch. this is it right? BlackBerry - BlackBerry Protect if not I'm kinda lost more then you. but anyways if this isn't it its still pretty cool. BTW i know I'm right and i found it all by my self..... last Friday
    03-08-11 07:37 PM
    Yes, its technically still Beta. But its pretty stable and VERY useful.

I did a write up about it here http://www.allaboutmybb.com/2011/03/...y-protect.html

@allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD