Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it.

I want to use blackberry protect, but when I download it, it says that it won't work with a phone that is on an enterprise server.

My gmail account is set up as an enterprise server of sorts I think (it natively syncs my mail, contacts, and calender)

All my other emails are through BIS.

Is there anyway to run gmail and blackberry protect on the same device? Preferably without losing the syncing ability of gmail?

Thanks
    04-19-11 09:58 AM
    Did you ever find an answer to this question somewhere else? I am wondering the same thing....
    04-23-11 10:47 PM
    Blackberry Connect on my 8900 thinks that syncing with Gmail is BES. The application doesn't load and gives a similar error.

Anyone come up with a fix?
    05-09-11 02:05 PM
    Are you guys using Google Sync or just via the BIS site to sync contacts/mail/calendar?
    05-09-11 05:23 PM
    Bis set up. That's what creates the error. I'm not sure if bbprotect can add a blacklist of @gmail.com as not being bes and ignore contact and calendar backup for those accounts. I would be okay with that as gmail keeps a copy of that eitherway. Anyone got anything on this?! I don't want to forward my mail to a different account, that's not a fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 09:27 PM
    Weird. I myself am a Google Apps user and I've also set it up through BIS. My contacts and calendar items are synced via Google Sync, not via BIS and BB Protect is working fine here.
    05-11-11 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD