Well the Protect release in the EMEA area/Britain is supposed to have been today, according to the leaked dates that were right for the USA.

So, anybody got it? Or know how to get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 07:05 AM
    It was supposed to be today but i havent seen it yet on BB appworld which leads me to believe that its not ready for the Euro release.

Saying that i have downloaded the app onto my 9780...it works ie backing up works but cant seem to get any of the features working on the web portal...im in the UK so i dont think its working for Europe yet....ive heard that 1st of April is the release date from somewhere...great april fools day release.

But no its not working for me....well on the uk site it says its coming...using the us website, allows me to log into the web portal but none of the options work.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 03-19-11 at 07:43 AM.
    03-19-11 07:40 AM
    yeh im from the uk.
    downloaded via OTA and on the 15th i was able to use the online features
    Pretty good app
    03-19-11 07:57 AM
    Anyone got an OTA link?

03-19-11 09:09 AM
    Yep just had a look now and it seems like its working for the UK...the web portal works and all the option within it are enabled.

About time it showed up, was desperately waiting for this app to become available.
    03-19-11 06:37 PM
    Thanks.
    I downloaded for Romania and works perfectly.
    03-20-11 02:34 AM
    saw it for the first time today @ bbappworld the Netherlands.
    For now all I can say its working fine.

03-20-11 02:36 AM
    I am running it and I downloaded it from AppWorld yesterday.

I made a backup and when I went to look for it from within the phone copy of BlackBerry Protect, it was not found and when I went to the website I could not find it either.

I was unable to use the phone locator or to make the loud ring work.

Something is not yet working with BlackBerry Protect within Europe. I guess it will soon be fixed.
    03-21-11 05:32 AM
    Hmmm seems like its not working for me...ive downloaded the app...logged into the web portal and tried sending a loud ring and a customised message but it just sits there at pending saying command will be sent when the device is connected to the mobile network...but the funny thing is that my 9780 is sat right next to me..connected to the 3G network with full strength but yet it wont send a loud ring or customised message....

Im on tmobile UK and i dont get the message service plan doesnt support bb protect...looking at the options...it shows my device as being connected but none of the options within the portal work ie loud ring or find my device....unless im doing something wrong, its backed up perfectly fine as well...

Anyone help??
    03-21-11 06:50 AM
    Installed it today over Appworld, i am from Austria...
    Works well, all features are working
    03-21-11 10:39 AM
    Installed it today over Appworld, i am from Austria...
    Works well, all features are working
    Same here, but yesterday.

Schn hier mehrere sterreicher zu sehen, naja zumindest 2!

03-21-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD