ok, so I know there are other threads on Protect, but they all seem to be model dependent for operation of the software on a particular phone. I am trying to figure out why you can't use one Blackberry to find another using the Webpage. I've got both the OEM Browser and Opera Mini installed on my (yes a gen 1) Storm. Neither browser allows me to log in and use Blackberry Protect. It doesn't matter if I have the OEM browser set to IE, Firefox of BB, they all, including Opera Mini, default to the Mobile webpage when I go to BlackBerry Protect. I can read all about the features, but not access them. Kind of annoying. From an Iphone I can log in, but not from my wifes BB (Torch)? anyone else notice this?
    03-22-11 01:10 AM
    Try clearing your cache and cookies and then try typing the full site address in the search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 01:14 AM
    it is unfortunate i don't think anyone is able to log in to protect from blackberries it would be nice though that way you could access it ne where an we wouldn't have to rely on our friends with iphones an androids to find our phones
    03-22-11 02:34 PM
    I agree with hottyhoo
    03-22-11 04:09 PM
    I copied and emailed the actual login page from Blackberry, that seems to work about 50% of the time
    03-24-11 08:20 PM
    After reading this, I was curious about going on BB Protect from my own BB, which wouldn't help in a real situation. But I went on it, and everything worked. How I got to the site, was googling BlackBerry Protect on my BB, going to the actual Protect site, which is in mobile view. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select desktop view, or whatever it is called. It will bring you to the home page of BB, navigate your way back to the Blackberry Protect page, and you are now able to select login. Enter BBID, password and Voila! You can access Blackberry protect from a BB.

Last edited by McStoner; 03-24-11 at 08:50 PM.
    JR A likes this.
    03-24-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD