When I use the down volume side button on my 9650 while listening to an audio podcast, the app skips to the start of the podcast.

Does anyone else have this issue? It is bugging me. Wondering if it is an artifact of my phone or the app. Problem happened with older version of the app and the latest (1.5.0.28) as well.

9650 Sprint 6.0.0.524

-Sean
    04-27-11 04:47 PM
    I have had a 9650 for 9 months and it was exchanged 2 days ago under warranty through carrier from RIM for a "new" (refurb'd I found out) unit. The previous identical model with latest firmware updates did NOT have this issue. Now, in Pandora, the upper volume button will skip to the next track and the lower does nothing at all - the volume is fixed at blast level. In audio tracks and videos, the volume buttons only work intermittently. It seems like a hardware issue and in another forum somewhere I read that tightening the screws of the case on that side of the phone fixes the issue. I tried using the buttons while squeezing the case tightly shut and in fact, they started working while pressure was applied.
    ==========
    Update comment in response to diegonei's post below: this works but only after I squeezed the case tightly on that side of phone -- tried it before, multiple times (quick press, slightly longer and even extended holding down) and got absolutely no response at all to pressing, either up or down. Still think hardware issue for some units. see volume button wont work - BlackBerry Support Community Forums and Defective Volume Buttons - Bold - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    Last edited by snow29; 06-25-11 at 12:32 AM. Reason: update
    06-24-11 10:42 PM
    Hold/Push feature on OS6 devices without Media Keys. You'll have to get used to it. Here is how it works:

If you push (quick hit) the key, it will rock the volume.

If you hold (light, quick hold) it will FF/FB, depending on the key you go for.

If you hold (push and hold) it will skip to the next track/podcast.

Mute (right above the LED notifier) will pause.
    06-24-11 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD