02-19-11 03:41 PM
89 ... 234
tools
    I have used PodTrapper for almost two years and definitely find this RIM app inferior. It doesn't seem to let me set podcast by podcast options for how many episodes to keep and how many back episodes to download automatically, half of the podcasts I tried to add by URL failed to add, and it has a stated non-WiFi download size limitation.

My only complaint with PodTrapper is that it has a really cruddy podcast search feature that turns up 10,000 matches in random order when you try to search for a specific podcast by name. Definitely still worth the money at this point, though.

Hopefully RIM will keep at it and come up with something better.
    08-15-10 12:11 AM
    Why would RIM release an app that restricts downloads to wifi only? I thought only iPhone users had to deal with that. I have a Tour which doesn't even have wifi and yet I have unlimited data on my carrier. Why can't I download anything I want through my data connection?

I hope this idea of restricting large downloads to wifi only is not a trend that will continue with RIM and other Blackberry app developers. If I wanted restrictions like that I would use an iPhone and/or switch to AT&T.
    08-16-10 05:43 AM
    *edit* nevermind I misread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bbergeson; 08-16-10 at 05:17 PM.
    08-16-10 05:09 PM
    Anyone know how to prevent the podcasts from showing up when using the music player? Its kind of annoying seeing them all when im browsing my music collection (and if i shuffle, im guessing they'll sometimes play)
    08-16-10 07:55 PM
    Anyone know how to prevent the podcasts from showing up when using the music player? Its kind of annoying seeing them all when im browsing my music collection (and if i shuffle, im guessing they'll sometimes play)
    I was going to say use the Exclude Folders option in the media Option menu, but that doesn't seem to show the podcast directory in the list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 04:44 AM
    I was going to say use the Exclude Folders option in the media Option menu, but that doesn't seem to show the podcast directory in the list.
    I usually have a playlist with all music, that way I can listen to my music without my project management podcasts getting in the way. Either that or listening to specific Genres or Artists.

It's a workaround. RIM would have to hardcode an exclusion of the podcasts folder from the Music list (which pics up all mp3 files available) in to come OS releases.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-27-10 at 11:23 PM.
    08-17-10 10:10 AM
    Anybody willing to post the cods for the new version (if this isn't another false positive).
    08-27-10 11:24 PM
    Anybody willing to post the cods for the new version (if this isn't another false positive).
    +1 (10 char)
    09-05-10 04:10 PM
    i would love this too for desktop install
    10-22-10 10:17 AM
    ok so maybe i'm the only one who gets this but i just don't get the option to add new podcast channels. I will explain.

1) I live in South Africa (not a supported country)
    2) I use a 9700 with leaked .448 (but it hasn't worked on any of the leaks so far)
    3) Podcasts app comes with these leaks so i haven't needed to install from here, but installing the cods using BBSAK seems to make no difference
    4) Some times after a fresh OS install it lets me add new podcasts for a minute but it abruptly stops and the option is then removed, and all current podcasts stop loading, rendering the app completely useless.

Does anybody know whats going on?
    02-02-11 04:04 PM
    @ boggsterman.

i'm having a smiliar problem here. bb podcasts came preloaded on my new bold 9780, but it lacks any option to add and/or explore podcasts.

i live in germany, also not a supported country.
    02-03-11 03:56 AM
    If you guys ask me, the OS 6 version is supposed to work with the to-be-released version of Desktop Manager that manages podcasts (remember the 1st leaked image?).

I tried for goot 3 hours. It is just impossible to make it work. At least for me in Brasil, another non-supported county. ><

Should we try the 9780 forums?

EDIT: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=582154
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-03-11 at 02:26 PM.
    02-03-11 08:16 AM
    Is the UK a supported country?
    02-03-11 10:19 AM
    Well, you tell us! Can you add podcasts, search for them and all the stuff the app was supposed to do?

EDIT: OS 6 SOLUTION FOR NON-SUPPORTED COUNTRIES

Open the file net_rim_bb_podcasts.alx, inside the Java folder of whatever OS 6install you have.

You should see a field with something like ="~200|300|400|500"

Remove that bit, make it look like this:

<loader version="1.0">
    <application id="BlackBerry PodCasts">
    <name>

Use loader.exe to load the alx/cods and bang, Add channel option shows on the menu.

EDIT: If it works then add all your podcasts as soon as. Add channel is gone from mine again..

EDIT: Never mind everything I said! Just install the version that comes with 6.1! Podcasts [OS6] - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-01-11 at 12:22 PM.
    02-19-11 03:41 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD