02-19-11 03:41 PM
89 1234
tools
    Sorry if this is a dim question, but how do I install the Podcasts app from the links mentioned by Diadonei and Peppe? I clicked on it on my PC and I got some zipped files, and I clicked on it from the BB and it did not install anything...
    08-11-10 10:17 AM
    have the app....it tells me I am roaming though. I am not roaming

If I allow it to work while roaming am I going to get roaming charges while I am not roaming
    It did the exact same for me, even when I was on wifi. I turned off the "download only when not roaming" option and it STILL didn't download.

I deleted it and went back to Viigo. Not going to waste appspace on something that doesn't work (for me)
    08-11-10 10:21 AM
    Sorry if this is a dim question, but how do I install the Podcasts app from the links mentioned by Diadonei and Peppe? I clicked on it on my PC and I got some zipped files, and I clicked on it from the BB and it did not install anything...
    try the second link posted on the first page

and open the .alx file through your desktop manager
    08-11-10 10:22 AM
    Hmm, I saved the zipped files from the 2nd link, and then went to Import Files. It did not give me the opportunity to select any of the zipped files, it just starting importing, and then said there was an error. I imagine I am missing something obvious, but I am not sure what it is...

Could you talk me though it step by step...?
    08-11-10 10:41 AM
    Hmm, I saved the zipped files from the 2nd link, and then went to Import Files. It did not give me the opportunity to select any of the zipped files, it just starting importing, and then said there was an error. I imagine I am missing something obvious, but I am not sure what it is...

Could you talk me though it step by step...?
    extract all the zip files to a folder on your desktop

connect you phone on usb

open desktop manager e go to applications

after it scans your phone go to import files on top right

browse to the folder you extracted and select the .alx file

and the click apply on the bottom right
    08-11-10 10:49 AM
    I used BBSAK.

Install CODs.

Couldn't be easier.
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-19-11 at 02:38 PM.
    08-11-10 10:54 AM
    Genius, many thanks vagabanda.
    08-11-10 11:04 AM
    Did anyone experienced this bug with the mute button?

Try quitting the app after you listen to a podcast, close it, and tap the mute button
    08-11-10 11:08 AM
    Thanks dude All loaded and working
    08-11-10 11:17 AM
    This thing appears to be useless with the 9530. It tells me the file is to big for the network and i have to use WiFi but the 9530 doesn't support Wifi. This sucks I was really excited for this thing now I am just going to delete it.
    08-11-10 11:23 AM
    Are you able to add urls for podcasts with that app or are you restricted to a "preselected" list of Blackberry approved-listed podcasts?
    08-11-10 11:35 AM
    Are you able to add urls for podcasts with that app or are you restricted to a "preselected" list of Blackberry approved-listed podcasts?
    You are able to add urls. The first beta you could only select from the list. So glad they got that sorted.
    08-11-10 11:38 AM
    Adding works but not for all urls it seems...
    08-11-10 11:43 AM
    Can someone please post an OTA link?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 12:14 PM
    I don't see any featured channels. I do have some "Top episodes", but nothing else to select from.

I have been able to add some automatic BBC downloads using URLs, which is actually fine and possibly all I need, but it would be interesting to see if there were some good options suggested by RIM.

Is this because I am in Europe, where it is not yet launched, and therefore no Featured Channels are offered?

Are there video downloads as well as audio?

What else does it do...? Or is there some place with instructions on its use?
    Last edited by gentleman2; 08-11-10 at 01:22 PM.
    08-11-10 12:52 PM
    I have been able to get a few podcasts for my 9530 but some say its too large, is there any way around this ? download episode to computer ? remove limits ?

anyone have any thoughts
    08-11-10 12:53 PM
    I have been able to get a few podcasts for my 9530 but some say its too large, is there any way around this ? download episode to computer ? remove limits ?

anyone have any thoughts
    You would think that would be common sense to allow syncing through a PC connection...but it looks like RIM dropped the ball.

Remember RIM, it wasn't that long ago you made berry's with no WI-FI.

Hopefully they update and fix this issue....
    08-11-10 01:47 PM
    Official link guys. Got it through blackberry on twitter:

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=apod

08-11-10 02:18 PM
    Adding works but not for all urls it seems...
    I found that when adding podcasts via URL, I pasted the URL in the box but instead of hitting the "Next" button, I hit the Menu button and selected "Find RSS Channel". This worked for every channel I tried.
    08-11-10 03:20 PM
    Can you share the urls you're adding?

08-11-10 03:27 PM
    Does this program work with video podcasts, or only audio ones?
    08-11-10 03:33 PM
    Can you share the urls you're adding?

Blackberry Podcast URL's
    08-11-10 04:01 PM
    Does this program work with video podcasts, or only audio ones?
    Yes video and audio podcasts.
    08-11-10 04:18 PM
    I found that when adding podcasts via URL, I pasted the URL in the box but instead of hitting the "Next" button, I hit the Menu button and selected "Find RSS Channel". This worked for every channel I tried.
    Umm Yeah... That's what I was TRYING to do. Thanks, but I already tried.

So, if you really wanna lend a hand, try adding The Project Management Podcast. If you find the URL that works (and trust me, there are a few), let me know.

You would think that would be common sense to allow syncing through a PC connection...but it looks like RIM dropped the ball.

Remember RIM, it wasn't that long ago you made berry's with no WI-FI.

Hopefully they update and fix this issue....
    You know, the very first leaked picture of Desktop Manager 6 did have a Podcasts icon along with Pictures, Music and Videos.

I think will come with th next update. They wouldn't let it out before the podcast app... At least I think so.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-11-10 at 04:35 PM.
    08-11-10 04:24 PM
    How come PodTrapper can download large podcasts OTA, but the official app throws an error? I was excited to switch to this app, but it's pretty much useless for the Tour 9630 and its lack of WiFi. Is the download limit something the carrier sets or is it RIM? Hopefully they raise it... I'm kind of diappointed with this app.

08-11-10 05:48 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD