It stays on pending for a longgggggggg time and never does anything from there. I've done the famous battery pull and nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 05:18 PM
    THere are a few reasons for this.

1. THe other person does not have a data plan. (not known what carrier they are on)

2. Try sending via PIn # not email - this seems to work better.

3. is this all contacts or just one?
    05-09-09 06:12 PM

1. THe other person does not have a data plan. (not known what carrier they are on)

And if the person has a data plan, they still may not have received the request. Or, they did and just haven't accepted.
    05-09-09 07:19 PM
    Wait so are you saying the pending the section of BBM has requests in it that haven't been accepted or are you saying its just on like a loading screen saying pending and basically freezes?
    05-09-09 07:22 PM
    I have a similar question too, when you add someone and its under "Pending" what happens if they decline your request? Will that pending request disappear or will it continue to stay there?

You'll get a notification that the person denied your request.
    05-09-09 08:09 PM
    Not sure about blocking, but you can delete someone anytime and then you wouldn't receive any messages from them. Also if you don't add / accept invite they can't bbm you.

And yes if they ignore your request it will stay pending.

05-09-09 10:40 PM
    Be advised if you accept someone on BBM and then decide to delete them they can readd you. If they have done a backup with you as a contact and they restore their device to that point you will reappear again as a contact and they can message you again. So be careful...
    05-09-09 10:44 PM

Im having the same issue. Yes, the people do have data plans and I have sent the pin number and vice versa. I approve them but it just stays in pending. This is for all contacts
    05-09-09 10:55 PM
    I have the same issue.. but it's only with T-mobile people... I can't seem to added them to my BBM.. I can send a request and it's forever pending.. I can't add a few of my coworkers for the same reason.
    05-09-09 11:12 PM
    Your welcome! That's good that you are not worried. I have many female friends with blackberries that have told me some ridiculous stories about some contacts giving them so much trouble one even had to switch devices to finally get rid of him. Most people are pretty genuine and have good intentions but there are some weirdos out there...
    05-09-09 11:14 PM
    Be advised if you accept someone on BBM and then decide to delete them they can readd you. If they have done a backup with you as a contact and they restore their device to that point you will reappear again as a contact and they can message you again. So be careful...
    Did not know that. Good info thanks for that!

05-09-09 11:18 PM
    Did not know that. Good info thanks for that!

Your welcome. A lot of people don't know this. So generally speaking you can get a feel for a person's personality the first couple of times you have a convo with them. Like I said before most people have good intentions. If I don't like the way it goes after the first two or three convos I just go ahead and delete them. Three strikes and your out...
    05-09-09 11:21 PM
    Im having the same issue. Yes, the people do have data plans and I have sent the pin number and vice versa. I approve them but it just stays in pending. This is for all contacts
    Only one of you needs to send the request. Do you see the same contact in the "Contacts" section that is showing in pending?

Try deleting the friend's namr from both Contacts and Pending. Have your friend do the same then have them send you the request. Accept and see if it puts them in Contacts instead of Pending.

05-09-09 11:25 PM
    I have the same issue.. but it's only with T-mobile people... I can't seem to added them to my BBM.. I can send a request and it's forever pending.. I can't add a few of my coworkers for the same reason.
    Try deleting them from your phone, and have them do same, then have them send request to you. Accept and see if that works.

05-09-09 11:26 PM
    Try deleting them from your phone, and have them do same, then have them send request to you. Accept and see if that works.

Trust me.. I tried everything I could to get it to work... but that was a no go.
    05-09-09 11:32 PM
    Well the person sent me the request and I accepted it and its now stuck on pending and been there since yesterday

05-10-09 05:34 AM
    I'm having this issue as well. I've adding the other person's PIN, they don't receive the request for many many hours, or at all.

Fun!
    05-11-09 12:36 PM
    can someone tell me why even when someone adds me to bbm i never get an alert saying i was added in order to accept. I have also tried to add people to my bbm and it has stayed on pending since i got my bb and it is more then one person. i just want to know how i can fix it or what this means.

Thanks.
    08-22-09 06:28 PM
    When you send a request to someone and they accept, you won't get an alert unless you have the leaked BBM 5. They will just go from pending and be added to your contacts. When you add someone, they have to accept before they change out of pending. Sometimes they will accept and it still won't change, so in that case you have to delete the pending request and try re-adding the by PIN or email. If it says that they're already a contact but you don't see them, do a battery pull and that should fix you right up!

08-22-09 07:02 PM
    hi there i was just wondering how do i add someone who's ignored future refrences on bbm cos someone deleted me and clicked ignore future requests
    06-15-13 10:39 AM
    hi there i was just wondering how do i add someone who's ignored future refrences on bbm cos someone deleted me and clicked ignore future requests
    06-15-13 10:44 AM
    please anyone?????
    06-15-13 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD