03-27-13 08:43 PM
684 12345 ...
tools
    i had that problem and thanks to the amazing people on this site, I was able to get it working. Now I shall pass that knowledge onto you! lol... open BB messenger, click Add Contact, then HIGHLIGHT "Use Once" and hit the Menu button. You will then see the "request by pin" option. Select, input pin, and VOILA! lol.. Here's my pin if you want to try, 24284177
    12-26-07 08:49 AM
    This may be a silly question but is there any way to change the bbm icon to a girl instead of the default boy icon? I want to be able to separate my male and female contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 01:10 AM
    thanks for all the great info! much needed.
    12-28-07 04:31 PM
    I went from a 8830 to a new curve and I did a BB transfer, all my PIN contacts stayed in there. Do I have to request them again since I now have a different PIN? I have sent them messages but have not seen a reply. TIA
    01-01-08 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the info
    01-07-08 07:59 AM
    So I read above 'r' is read and 'd' is delieverd. What does 'A' mean? This shows on my buddies messenger but not mine. We have same 8130 and software versions.

01-15-08 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the info.. awesome
    01-15-08 12:59 PM
    why use BB Messenger versus just sending PINs?
    -B
    01-22-08 09:10 PM
    When i go to add a contact to BB messenger, it only give me the option of by email not by pin.... any ideas....i am on VZW if it matters. Thanks
    01-23-08 06:14 PM
    When you go to "use once", don't click it - highlight it then hit menu, then click "request by pin"
    01-23-08 06:23 PM
    whenever i try to add a contact none of my friends get my message?
    Are they looking in the wrong place?
    01-24-08 02:15 PM
    I haven't been able to find a solution to my issue re: BBM, so I thought I'd post here.

Sometimes, I receive a notification that I have a new message, but when I go to the BBM and click on the conversation, there is no new message. If I have the option of "Show Conversations in Message List" set to yes and this happens, I can see the beginning of the new message, but when I go to BBM, it's not there. I haven't received a new message since I changed the "Show Conversations..." option to no, so I'm not sure if that's what was causing the issue or not. I'm hoping it resolves it, but it's hard to say, as this seems to happen sporadically. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks.
    01-24-08 04:51 PM
    i noticed that when i type "" an emoticon comes up, same with the "<3". is there a way i can pull the emoticons up and select them like in jivetalk?

oops uhm.. curve 8310, at&t. thanks in advance
    01-29-08 12:54 AM
    On my contact list it shows I have contacts but they are actually duplicates. Because of that my contact list number is wrong. Is there a way to change that...I'm sure there has to be, I just can't find it.

02-03-08 01:22 PM
    I have checked all the forums and tried everything. I can't get my BB Messenger to work. I tried opening it up and click add new contact, it pulls up my address book, I highlight the person I want to add and then another screen pops up saying no contacts empty. What am I doing wrong? Help, please!
    02-04-08 09:37 AM
    Don't highlight the person u want to add. Instead highlight "use once" then click the menu button then "request by pin"

02-04-08 09:39 AM
    I haven't been able to find a solution to my issue re: BBM, so I thought I'd post here.

Sometimes, I receive a notification that I have a new message, but when I go to the BBM and click on the conversation, there is no new message. If I have the option of "Show Conversations in Message List" set to yes and this happens, I can see the beginning of the new message, but when I go to BBM, it's not there. I haven't received a new message since I changed the "Show Conversations..." option to no, so I'm not sure if that's what was causing the issue or not. I'm hoping it resolves it, but it's hard to say, as this seems to happen sporadically. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks.
    I'm having the same issue just started tonight. Would love to figure out what's going on since it's one of my most used features.
    02-05-08 01:32 AM
    Sounds simple enough, but I've followed these exact steps and it still doesn't work for me. I don't have a request option...When I click on "Add a contact" it sends to my address book. When I highlight a name and hit menu, the only option that would seem relevant at all is "Send to Messenger Contact..." and when I click on that, a screen pops up that says "Select a Contact" with *empty* underneath it...Help!
    02-07-08 08:04 AM
    Can anyone tell me how BB mess. is handled as notification? is it level 1??? or what I want to give it a distinct sound so I know it's the messenger and not a voice mail or something.. oh yeah how are voice mails handled too????
    02-27-08 02:15 PM
    It would be nice if BB came out with a patch or something to group all the text messages that are sent back and forth to the same person together. Similar to the iphone, treo, or just like BB messanger, but just with Text messaging. Unless there is already something out there like this and I just haven't found it yet.
    02-27-08 06:04 PM
    It would be nice if BB came out with a patch or something to group all the text messages that are sent back and forth to the same person together. Similar to the iphone, treo, or just like BB messanger, but just with Text messaging. Unless there is already something out there like this and I just haven't found it yet.
    INBOX then click the BB options buttion, (left of the trackball) scroll down to search, search sender etc.. that should do it for you.. We own the iphone
    02-28-08 02:17 PM
    hmm that wasnt' exactly what i meant. If any of you are familiar with the palm OS or the apple iphone, under the Text messaging interface, the OS groups all the text messages into conversations. So when you select messages, it'll show you a list of names opposed to John 15 times down and displaying in the messages pane every text message sent back and forth between the two of you. I feel like this would just look cleaner and is a better method for organizing text messages. Maybe not emails, but text messages definitely.
    02-28-08 02:38 PM
    My apologies, I misunderstood you.. As far as I know, the fact that you can scroll through messages and read the history, newest on top, when you open a specific message, is about as good as it gets. Basically, if you open your 4th message in the back and forth between you and a friend, you can see all of the old ones, but they still show in your inbox. also, i do know for a fact that this feature is anything but perfect. I am hoping for a feature to be available like what you had said, but I can live without it if not. I will let you know if I can find anything about such a feature though..
    02-28-08 03:29 PM
    Hi,

I'm a newbie here.

I have a AT&T Curve 8310 and can't seem to get BB Messenger to work. I imported my contacts from MS Outlook and birthdates populated the PIN field. Messenger came pre-installed, but when I try to use it, it says Java Script needs to be installed here.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Suggestions on how to fix?

TIA
    02-28-08 04:33 PM
    Hey Chris,

I appreciate your help and quick response. I agree with you that the setup they currently have isn't bad, and haha I'm also waiting for the day that they come out with a patch to compress them all together. It would just make the inbox look cleaner and it stinks knowing that there are other OSes out there that use it. :-( boo.. wait!.. we will
    02-29-08 04:32 PM
684 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD