03-27-13 09:43 PM
684 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I have tried to download blackberry messenger on my 8330 curve and it said " sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support blackberry messenger for software versions 4.0 and 4.1" is there any other way i can get messenger?
    06-12-09 12:10 PM
    thanks for the tip!
    06-13-09 11:18 PM
    Ive recently bought a bb storm n unlocked it. im on o2 n want 2 use the bb im, i can add ppls pins but it just says pending request?! any thoughts on ways round this?
    06-14-09 03:41 PM
    I, like you, have Verizon and the BBM messenges are part of your data plan. My first concern was if they counted as text messages but after speaking to representatives and receiving my bill, they do not. Its all included in the Verizon BB data plan and since you have unlimited, you won't incur any additional charges.
    Thanks for the info! I got my BB last month and was a bit worried, there is such conflicting info on verizon charging txt for bbm.
    06-14-09 10:58 PM
    Hi Trevor,

In Blackberry Messenger, I mistakenly pressed End Conversation and lost all the record of my conversation in the past with an important contact. By any chance I can retrace the conversation record back from Trash Bin or anywhere else? Please advice. Tks!

Song
    06-15-09 09:34 AM
    Hi Trevor,

In Blackberry Messenger, I mistakenly pressed End Conversation and lost all the record of my conversation in the past with an important contact. By any chance I can retrace the conversation record back from Trash Bin or anywhere else? Please advice. Tks!

Song
    The only way you can retrieve an old convo is if you had copied it while the convo was ongoing. If you did this you can paste it in memopad, etc. If not there is no way to retrace it...
    Last edited by Iceman; 06-15-09 at 05:12 PM.
    06-15-09 05:05 PM
    Hey q-Anyone know how to get more smeiley faces and icons for bbm?
    06-15-09 05:17 PM
    Hey q-Anyone know how to get more smeiley faces and icons for bbm?
    As far as the emoticons whatever you have on the software you're stuck with. Now you can get different symbols to use in BBM. Here's some links if you are interested...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/let...s+you+may+need
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sym...y-need-137207/
    06-15-09 08:42 PM
    I have tried to download blackberry messenger on my 8330 curve and it said " sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support blackberry messenger for software versions 4.0 and 4.1" is there any other way i can get messenger?
    i thought the Curve came with blackberry messenger already installed?
    06-15-09 09:10 PM
    i thought the Curve came with blackberry messenger already installed?
    It does but sometimes people will delete it thinking they won't use it. Or they buy one from someone else that has deleted it and need to reinstall it...
    06-15-09 09:18 PM
    BB Msg question: I have a Curve 8310 and am on a server. I use this through business and travel a lot. When I am using BB msgr and I am roaming will there be an additional charge as this is free when I am local. My provider is Rogers. Any thoughts would be great? I am just uncertain how much this communication my cost me?
    Thanks
    06-16-09 12:48 PM
    BBM is so convenient if you want to quickly get in touch with friends that also have a BlackBerry.
    06-16-09 12:50 PM
    Quick question for anyone. How do I assign a specific sound/ringtone for SMS/MMS and VM?
    06-16-09 08:09 PM
    Quick question for anyone. How do I assign a specific sound/ringtone for SMS/MMS and VM?
    Posted in the wrong spot. This link will help though...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    06-16-09 10:44 PM
    Hey guys, sorry but I have a newbie question for you BBM guru's

If someone on my contact list is currently "unavailable" does that mean that they have specifically set themselves to be so, or could that there be their status for other reasons - i.e. if their phone is off.

And if it is not because their phone is off what would i expect to see if there phone were off?

Thanks in advance

NOTE: The person who us unavailable (red circle with white horizontal line) is using a curve and im using a bold, never seen any other icons other then available / away / unavailable (apart from the red cross "bug") and just wondering what I would see if they had their phone off.
    Last edited by padrin0; 06-18-09 at 06:43 AM.
    06-18-09 06:28 AM
    Hey guys, sorry but I have a newbie question for you BBM guru's

If someone on my contact list is currently "unavailable" does that mean that they have specifically set themselves to be so, or could that there be their status for other reasons - i.e. if their phone is off.

And if it is not because their phone is off what would i expect to see if there phone were off?

Thanks in advance

NOTE: The person who us unavailable (red circle with white horizontal line) is using a curve and im using a bold, never seen any other icons other then available / away / unavailable (apart from the red cross "bug") and just wondering what I would see if they had their phone off.
    The "unavailable" status is normally set by the user and is indicated by the red x. If they are on the phone the status would be "unreachable" indicated by the smiley icon with the wavy lines out to the side of its mouth. This status would also be the case if the phone was off, or the battery was out of the device. Also could be the contact is out of the service area. If the red x for uvailable is on and then they get on the phone and you have messaged them, the status will change to "unreachable". And other than that the status can be "busy" which means they haven't checked or acknowledged the message yet and the icon has the smiley face with a clock on it. Hope this helps ya...
    06-18-09 01:57 PM
    I can add everyone/anyone on my bbm except my boyfriend! We fight a lot and we delete each other's bbm pins and add each other again but now it won't let me add him! What's wrong???
    06-20-09 12:03 AM
    I can add everyone/anyone on my bbm except my boyfriend! We fight a lot and we delete each other's bbm pins and add each other again but now it won't let me add him! What's wrong???
    You think he just doesn't wanna accept your request if you guys have been fighting?
    06-20-09 12:09 AM
    The link for the chat between BB and others is missing, can you help me to find this info??? looks soooooo interesting!!! Thanks!!
    06-24-09 03:04 PM
    OK. I have a question. I am on v4.5.0.138 and can no longer see my BBM icon. I didn't have many friends on BB, so it was no big deal. But now I have more n more friends & would like to use the app. I went to BB Apps and couldn not find it. I clicked the link above: ( http://www.blackberry.com/messenger) from my phone & IE and am unable to download. I get an erroro msg that my OS is later than 4.0 or 4.1, so it is unable to download.

Does anyone have a valid link to download BBM? or can provide help n how to get back my BBM App?

Thx.
    06-24-09 03:21 PM
    bbm is the bomb
    06-25-09 02:21 AM
    You think he just doesn't wanna accept your request if you guys have been fighting?
    LOL you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!
    06-25-09 02:49 AM
    are any blacberry users on the forum from the uk ?
    06-25-09 05:10 AM
    OK. I have a question. I am on v4.5.0.138 and can no longer see my BBM icon. I didn't have many friends on BB, so it was no big deal. But now I have more n more friends & would like to use the app. I went to BB Apps and couldn not find it. I clicked the link above: ( http://www.blackberry.com/messenger) from my phone & IE and am unable to download. I get an erroro msg that my OS is later than 4.0 or 4.1, so it is unable to download.

Does anyone have a valid link to download BBM? or can provide help n how to get back my BBM App?

Thx.
    There is not a download link for BBM. It's installed as part of your OS. Run the Desktop Manager App Loader and check the box for BBM. That will install it for you.
    06-25-09 07:54 AM
    OK Jeff, I connected to BDM & don't have an option for BBM or BBMaps. Need your help.
    Last edited by JustaNJDiva; 06-25-09 at 06:09 PM.
    06-25-09 09:29 AM
684 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD